JL in Europe

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
The right corner of the front bumper makes me think that the plastic piece between the bumper and fender is removable

In fact i’m willing to bet it’s removable

60B9C862-E851-444D-8E5F-6988CFECC87B.jpeg
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
Very inaccurate press releases... both mention US engines, not the EU ones.
Bad journalism, they are definitely no Jeepers.
I agree but there is pics and video ...

mitak

First Name
Radek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 5 TD6 3.0L HSE
The right corner of the front bumper makes me think that the plastic piece between the bumper and fender is removable

In fact i’m willing to bet it’s removable

60B9C862-E851-444D-8E5F-6988CFECC87B.jpeg
I hope that all that ugly long bumper will be removable :)

Steve_South

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
isuzu dmx, prado landcruiser
So whom should feel cheated by jeep? The european or the US buyers?
The European version doesnt have the red hooks on the bumper, but a ring underneath.The fenders on the rubicon are not placed higher, all the easier to lift stuff goes out the window. Then the ugly bumpers. To me that doesnt look as good. But then they get the selec trac and rock trac combo.
Why cant the us buyers get the combo.Which is the better jeep now?Which one is South America getting?When the time comes I can get either version, but now I want to know which is better. And will the australian version be different as well.
I tried ordering the Rubicon, but the dealer cant even get an estimate on price or delivery for South America yet.Will there be a south american version this time around?Truly , I wish there was just one version of the rubicon.

Sponsored

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
So whom should feel cheated by jeep? The european or the US buyers?
The European version doesnt have the red hooks on the bumper, but a ring underneath.The fenders on the rubicon are not placed higher, all the easier to lift stuff goes out the window. Then the ugly bumpers. To me that doesnt look as good. But then they get the selec trac and rock trac combo.
Why cant the us buyers get the combo.Which is the better jeep now?Which one is South America getting?When the time comes I can get either version, but now I want to know which is better. And will the australian version be different as well.
I tried ordering the Rubicon, but the dealer cant even get an estimate on price or delivery for South America yet.Will there be a south american version this time around?Truly , I wish there was just one version of the rubicon.
For the first time I actually think that Europe gets the better wrangler primarily due to the Selec-Trac in the Rubicon which is what I am aiming for even though I still wait for detailed specs since Rock-Trac and Selec-Trac are two different transfer cases so I would like to know how they Combined them. This is something that the US buyers simply can't compensate for whereas things like the high fenders, bumpers and therefore red hooks are the first things that I will change, since most serious offroaders over here look aftermarket for these accessories anyway. I personally love the stock US look so I will get the factory steel bumpers and fenders. In short, in a few days and few extra bucks you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a US and EU wrangler aesthetically, besides the Selec-Trac of-coarse which we get over here.

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach
Last edited:
OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
The NL website also states that the prices will be available in August :(

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Waiting is not a problem. Fenders and bumper are not problems. The real problem is tire size (32), that means axles in rubicon eu are probably narrow like in sahara us. So modifying JLUR will be no easier than JK. Forget about just placing 35 tires.

Sponsored

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
Waiting is not a problem. Fenders and bumper are not problems. The real problem is tire size (32), that means axles in rubicon eu are probably narrow like in sahara us. So modifying JLUR will be no easier than JK. Forget about just placing 35 tires.
What was the issue with the JK's? As far as I know spacers and lift were all that you needed for 35's...

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
Why would Jeep offer selec-trac on a Rubicon? On Sahara’s and Sports I could understand it.

Would the US front bumper and gap to wheel arch meet Euro pedestrian protection regs? I suspect not.

In the UK at least, caution needs to be exercised when adding aftermarket bumpers because of interpretation of the law on bull bars ( not sure if this is Euro leg)

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
sdcrd: Unneeded costs, work and time. It means You throw away brand new fenders, springs and shocks and need to recalibrate. JL us spec has this advantage- starting with 33 tires (which is enough for overlanding), and possibility of placing 35 just by changing tires. 30 minutes. when placing most of 35 tires (which are usually 34.6) You are changing diameter only by 5% avoiding many legal issues. Also- if eu rubi has sahara axles than they are weaker, so again we take brand new axles and loose warranty doing all mods. Of course if 33 is Your maximum than this is not sn issue.

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
sdcrd: Unneeded costs, work and time. It means You throw away brand new fenders, springs and shocks and need to recalibrate. JL us spec has this advantage- starting with 33 tires (which is enough for overlanding), and possibility of placing 35 just by changing tires. 30 minutes. when placing most of 35 tires (which are usually 34.6) You are changing diameter only by 5% avoiding many legal issues. Also- if eu rubi has sahara axles than they are weaker, so again we take brand new axles and loose warranty doing all mods. Of course if 33 is Your maximum than this is not sn issue.
As far as costs and time you are right, but hey Jeep wants to make money with all those lift kits and accessories, even the US version needs a lift kit for full flex with 35's this has been confirmed. As far as axles go, the EU version has the same Rubicon strengthened axles only not the wide ones, they are not Sahara axles.

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
Why would Jeep offer selec-trac on a Rubicon? On Sahara’s and Sports I could understand it.

Would the US front bumper and gap to wheel arch meet Euro pedestrian protection regs? I suspect not.

In the UK at least, caution needs to be exercised when adding aftermarket bumpers because of interpretation of the law on bull bars ( not sure if this is Euro leg)
Supposedly due to some EU braking/safety standard is what I have heard. But as long as they provide the lockers, 4:1 low range I don't see any downside. Do any of you have a particular reason why Selec-trac is a downside?
Sponsored