First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I think I answered the question myself. Side by side they are very different.

us and euro.jpg
I don’t know why but the export hood and vents are a differvent design. Also ours are steel not aluminium, maybe that affects the design.

Maybe the Euro versions are actually functional. The only vent in ours is the tiny drain hole for rain water! Lol!
Ours are the same Dan
Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho JLUR - AEV Build
Does anyone know the part number of this 1941 hood decal? Cannot find anything in the parts database. Thanks.

jeep-wrangler-rubicon-1941-by-mopar.jpg

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get the decal here...

https://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/OE...s/JL-Rubi-Power-Dome-1941-Hood-Blackout-Decal

Many forum members, including me, have bought from Don. It’s a hobby business so sometimes you might have to wait a while, he’s upfront about that though. Good quality products
That is for the US Rubicon hood. The one I linked above is the export hood 1941 decal. The shape is different on the two. I think I tracked the part number down. Can anyone confirm K82215937 is correct?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
That is for the US Rubicon hood. The one I linked above is the export hood 1941 decal. The shape is different on the two. I think I tracked the part number down. Can anyone confirm K82215937 is correct?
Sorry, I just assumed you wanted the US version, my bad

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired

AlexeyT

First Name
Alexey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
I guess there is about a zero percent chance the bolt pattern is different between the US and EU variants.
The only difference is a slight variance in axle length because we get CV joints.
Since they do not have one there they cannot confirm it and therefore will not run the risk of telling you yes.
confirmed.
Ordered ARB cover and it fits ok.

05F4501F-975D-432E-AFD5-35321D356390.jpeg

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone with the export hood assist with figuring out a single part? For the hood there is a striker plate for the hood switches (ESS/Hood Open Switches) and there is a screw that affixes the striker plate to the hood. I was able to source the striker plate but me and my parts guy cannot figure out what the screw that holds it to the hood is as there are no photos online to begin cross referencing part numbers. Would anyone be willing to pull the screw out of the striker plate and snap a photo with length dimensions? I have attached a photo of what I am referring to. Thank you all in advance I really appreciate it.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe Hood differences EU_edit

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Can anyone with the export hood assist with figuring out a single part? For the hood there is a striker plate for the hood switches (ESS/Hood Open Switches) and there is a screw that affixes the striker plate to the hood. I was able to source the striker plate but me and my parts guy cannot figure out what the screw that holds it to the hood is as there are no photos online to begin cross referencing part numbers. Would anyone be willing to pull the screw out of the striker plate and snap a photo with length dimensions? I have attached a photo of what I am referring to. Thank you all in advance I really appreciate it.

Hood differences EU_edit.png
Hey Joshua,
but it looks like a rivet or something like that - it has just a round hole in the middle and I can’t even imagine how it can be unscrewed...

image.jpg

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Joshua,
but it looks like a rivet or something like that - it has just a round hole in the middle and I can’t even imagine how it can be unscrewed...

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe image
Perfect. That is the information I needed to know. We could not make sense as to whether it was a screw or something else. Thank you for the detailed photo!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Perfect. That is the information I needed to know. We could not make sense as to whether it was a screw or something else. Thank you for the detailed photo!
You’re very welcome. I even tried to insert the small hex key into it - no luck. I wonder how it’s fixed as the thing sounds like metal if I knock on it, hmm...

Wraith

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re very welcome. I even tried to used the small hex key into it - no luck. I wonder how it’s fixed as the thing sounds like metal if I knock on it, hmm...
There are two tabs on it to align it to the hood then the rivet in the middle to affix it. I was able to source the striker plate but could not figure out what was used to hold it in place. The striker plate is #1 in the diagram. I am doing the export hood swap to a US Jeep and it has been extremely difficult to make sense of what is required to make it work as nobody has done this swap to my knowledge. I will do a full write up once I get it entirely together. Thanks again for the assistance.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL in Europe 116479539_651634308821717_7947874832145124414_

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I am doing the export hood swap to a US Jeep...
What is you motivation to do such if I may ask? That's me just wondering why one would like the EU version over the US one :)
Sponsored