JL in Europe

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Perhaps the Sunrider top is the way to go then. If I find I am taking the hard top panels out once the decent weather arrives, I may be tempted.
As you say, flipping open the Sunrider top will be a lot easier than removing the panels, storing them and refitting them when you park up.
Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Perhaps the Sunrider top is the way to go then. If I find I am taking the hard top panels out once the decent weather arrives, I may be tempted.
As you say, flipping open the Sunrider top will be a lot easier than removing the panels, storing them and refitting them when you park up.
I had the sunrider for my previous 2017 JKUR and it was really good. The design has been much improved ...although it already very good ...and I love it.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Where's the best place to get the Sunrider in the UK?
I see Jeepey sell them but pretty expensive.
Thinking of eBay but no doubt I'll be hammered on import duty and VAT!
Is the install as simple as it looks, the metal clip part looks a bit fiddly!

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Where's the best place to get the Sunrider in the UK?
I see Jeepey sell them but pretty expensive.
Thinking of eBay but no doubt I'll be hammered on import duty and VAT!
Is the install as simple as it looks, the metal clip part looks a bit fiddly!
Cost me about ÂŁ2500 after import duty, tax and delivery to import a premium soft top. My dealer quoted me ÂŁ3600!!!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
After 7 months of exhausting wait... IT'S A BOY!!! Just picked him up from the dealership this late evening, put him into garage and relaxed until tomorrow - don't want to be in a rush on our first date :CWL:. I've taken just some photos inside the show room as it was already dark outside, for sure will take some better photos in the daylight later.
First impression:
It's a very strange vehicle for me :blush: I'm a first time Jeep owner, and never had a framed vehicle with live axles before - it drives totally different from whatever I have driven before... it feels strange, but I like it :angel:

Honestly, too tired to write anything more today - I was flying back to Cyprus this afternoon, but in some days I want to start a separate thread as I promised before - I hope moderators don't mind if I create my build/vehicle journal here, exactly in "EUROPE" section, as for the US owners my mods are of no interest as it's going to be mostly bringing it to the US stock Rubicon. But it could be extremely useful for EMEA owners as there's not too much info on EU-spec JLs and it makes sense posting it here to make it easier to find.

I'm happy:sun:

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
After 7 months of exhausting wait... IT'S A BOY!!! Just picked him up from the dealership this late evening, put him into garage and relaxed until tomorrow - don't want to be in a rush on our first date :CWL:. I've taken just some photos inside the show room as it was already dark outside, for sure will take some better photos in the daylight later.
First impression:
It's a very strange vehicle for me :blush: I'm a first time Jeep owner, and never had a framed vehicle with live axles before - it drives totally different from whatever I have driven before... it feels strange, but I like it :angel:

Honestly, too tired to write anything more today - I was flying back to Cyprus this afternoon, but in some days I want to start a separate thread as I promised before - I hope moderators don't mind if I create my build/vehicle journal here, exactly in "EUROPE" section, as for the US owners my mods are of no interest as it's going to be mostly bringing it to the US stock Rubicon. But it could be extremely useful for EMEA owners as there's not too much info on EU-spec JLs and it makes sense posting it here to make it easier to find.

I'm happy

IMG_0722.JPG
congratulations! It’s been an anxious wait, but he’s a good looking boy!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, hello!
Short question - did anyone manage to understand how our DRLs work? I cannot understand - when I start Jeep or get out of it with engine running and gearbox in "P" - they are OFF. The light switch is in Auto mode. But when I drive I can see the reflection of LED fender DRLs in windows/other (clean) cars. Do they have a delay OR go ON only upon moving?...

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Guys, hello!
Short question - did anyone manage to understand how our DRLs work? I cannot understand - when I start Jeep or get out of it with engine running and gearbox in "P" - they are OFF. The light switch is in Auto mode. But when I drive I can see the reflection of LED fender DRLs in windows/other (clean) cars. Do they have a delay OR go ON only upon moving?...
Fender DRLs go off when you have the handbrake on and they dim when you have headlights on

Sponsored

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A quick update on the Adblue question :

The Adblue gauge doesn't seem linear to me. Either that or consumption has greatly increased in recent weeks.
It dropped from just under 50% to 25% in the space of circa 700 miles.
At around 25% a warning message appeared saying the engine would stop in 1400 miles if the Adblue was not replenished.

I added 10 litres yesterday and the gauge went from 25% to 100%. I'll keep monitoring it.

Good to know that a 10 litre drum of Adblue can be added in one hit once the gauge hits 25% and the 1st warning message appears, and this takes the reading back to 100%.

10 litre drums seem to be a popular and readily available size in the UK. I found a deal for 2 x 10 litre drums on eBay for ÂŁ15.49 delivered. So I now have a spare 10 litre drum ready for next time it is needed.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
10 litre drums seem to be a popular and readily available size in the UK. I found a deal for 2 x 10 litre drums on eBay for ÂŁ15.49 delivered. So I now have a spare 10 litre drum ready for next time it is needed.
No gas stations in the UK where you can just get it from a pump? Bottles are expensive and a hassle - I never use them.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think there are some gas stations in the UK where you can fill up from a pump. Mainly for heavy goods vehicles though and I'm not sure if they use a larger filler nozzle. But I'm sure I have seen them close to the normal car gas pumps as well. I will pay more attention now when filling. It would be handy to have one close by instead of messing round with the bottles.

I do have a fancy filler pipe that I got for my Skoda a year or so ago. It screws onto the bottle and allows air to pass back from the tank into the bottle so the adblue flows quickly out of the bottle without bubbling and gurgling. But it had a different thread to the bottles I got from eBay.
So I punched a hole in the side of the bottle once I had put the filler spout into the adblue filler neck. Just as well that it took the full 10 litres, otherwise it could have been interesting trying to stop it !!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, don’t want to start a new thread - just a short question to the more experienced JLers - I can’t figure out how the climate control works. These are quite hot days in Cyprus already (the forecast says +36 on Sunday! :surprised:) , so I am using the A/C all the time already. If I press the A/C button , the green light will go on , but the system enters a manual mode, so I have to choose the air distribution and the fan speed manually. If I press “Auto” button it will adjust everything automatically, BUT the A/C light will go off! Even it’s +28 outside and I set +20 inside... on the other hand the air coming still feels cold - is it some kind of specific feature that in Auto mode it won’t show the A/C is working even if it is?... all other cars I had ever driven showed if A/C is on or off regardless of the operation mode...:movember:
I’d appreciate your feedback, cheers!

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Guys, don’t want to start a new thread - just a short question to the more experienced JLers - I can’t figure out how the climate control works. These are quite hot days in Cyprus already (the forecast says +36 on Sunday! :surprised:) , so I am using the A/C all the time already. If I press the A/C button , the green light will go on , but the system enters a manual mode, so I have to choose the air distribution and the fan speed manually. If I press “Auto” button it will adjust everything automatically, BUT the A/C light will go off! Even it’s +28 outside and I set +20 inside... on the other hand the air coming still feels cold - is it some kind of specific feature that in Auto mode it won’t show the A/C is working even if it is?... all other cars I had ever driven showed if A/C is on or off regardless of the operation mode...:movember:
I’d appreciate your feedback, cheers!
yea it’s not a full Auto climate control in the Wrangler, not mine anyway, not sure it’s an option?

bit rubbish like you say :(
Sponsored