JL in Europe

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
OK, in this case you could go with Sahara if you really like the design more - with Rubicon you can't have these exterior options.
Sponsored

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Hello, today I have my JLUR in the workshop for the revision of the V-41, also for the change of the secondary battery of the start-stop and for a small noise in the direction. Example ..... I steer the direction all the way to the left and when I turn it back to the right near the middle of the steering wheel (before 180Âş) a sound like a TOC appears, like a small touch of dry hammer and always does, They told me to look at him.
Then I tell you how I look and how to drive with the change of the steering damper.
In the 285/70/17 tires I have the tires at 35psi = 2.4 bar cold.

I picked up the Jeep ten days later, I changed the steering damper for a new 68251580AE series, broken down on 04/30/2019, the Jeep drives better smoother in the direction, I also changed the auxiliary battery and the error that gave in the start-stop instrument cluster which works again.
The TOC noise has not been solved yet! What direction does when turning the steering wheel from left to right and also from right to left, they told me in the workshop that they have ordered the piece, but I asked and they did not know what the piece they requested to replace was.
They have also asked for a central rear seat sensor because if you lower the central armrest, the seat belt alarm sounds. I think it is too sensitive because when leaving on that seat any small object sounds and currently I am always hooked the central belt although no one goes behind.

IMG_6550.JPG

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Here is the info I got for the UK Mopar tow bar and harness.

The Wrangler JL model uses the Detachable Tow Bar PN: K82215207 and Wiring Harness PN: K82215540AC.

I fitted the harness a few months ago. It is a 13pin socket but I'm not sure if it has the 12v feed for a caravan fridge. I've only towed a trailer with a 7 pin plug and 13 to 7 pin adapter.

Edited to add that I'm not sure if the trailer plug set up in Singapore is the same as Europe.
hi bro, the trailer plug setup in Singapore is the same as the UK. We also use 13-pin wiring harness and we are RHD models :)

That being said, I cant seem to find the 13-pin wiring for sale online and my dealer is unable to order the part as it is not in their system. Do you know where you could buy this 13-pin wiring harness online?

Thank you!

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
You could try contacting Allan Perkins at [email protected]

He provided me with the wiring harness part number K82215540AC.

Back in February they couldn't supply, but it may be available now. Not sure if they will ship to Cyprus, but worth asking.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
He’s in Singapore - I’m in Cyprus :angel:
I hope my trailer tow package will be installed on the vehicle from the factory as per ordered. And Cyprus is RHD as well, so most probably cars delivered to the UK/Cyprus/Singapore are the same?...

Sponsored

chkoh

First Name
Chin Hao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
He’s in Singapore - I’m in Cyprus :angel:
I hope my trailer tow package will be installed on the vehicle from the factory as per ordered. And Cyprus is RHD as well, so most probably cars delivered to the UK/Cyprus/Singapore are the same?...
yes, I have my VIN number and was able to retrieve the build sheet and it doesn't show the trailer tow hitch and 13 pin wiring. It shows the others though, such as the aux buttons, HD wiring, 700A alternator and 240A battery.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
They have also asked for a central rear seat sensor because if you lower the central armrest, the seat belt alarm sounds. I think it is too sensitive because when leaving on that seat any small object sounds and currently I am always hooked the central belt although no one goes behind.
There is no fix. They will also stay on if you fold the seats. Jeep added the sensors to meet non-usa requirements, but did not bother actually engineer a solution. There are no sensors to tell if the seats are folded, so the alarm is binary.
The only fix is unplug the sensors. On the left and right of the bench, just unplug the harness. The system will think the seatbelts are plugged in.
My Jeep dealer contacted Jeep who basically admitted it's a shit design and there is no fix and won't be one later either since the US folks dont use it.

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Going slightly off topic here but is there any news for the Jeep Gladiator coming to EU? I can’t seem to find much information other than speculation that it might come in 2020.

Pick-ups are becoming increasingly popular for whatever reason so I’d be shocked if Jeep don’t bring it over. But then again, if they follow the pricing of the Wrangler then they won’t get much sales for that either.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Going slightly off topic here but is there any news for the Jeep Gladiator coming to EU? I can’t seem to find much information other than speculation that it might come in 2020.

Pick-ups are becoming increasingly popular for whatever reason so I’d be shocked if Jeep don’t bring it over. But then again, if they follow the pricing of the Wrangler then they won’t get much sales for that either.
There was a EU press launch back in July...

Note...they used US spec Gladiators!

I think it’s probably too early to speculate about availability here.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

Gladiator will arrive middle 2020 according to Jeep.
Sales are anyhow on hold right now due to a design flaw with the drive shaft.
It's similar in size to a Ford F150. That is not really something which would be comfortable on European roads. I could not even imagine driving that in Ireland.

Sponsored

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
They changed the steering damper (V41 recall) and mounted it upside down, like many dealers in the US.
Today I went to my dealership and he put me in the right position.
I upload a photo of how they mounted it incorrectly.
In the correct position the arrow on the sticker should be under and pointing towards the front bumper.

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
Happy days :) Finally found my Mojito JLUR and firm delivered this time (after 3 failed Jeep dealers promises) - what a great jeep !! Immediately drove it 2500km from Belgium to Spain and marked already my first offroad scratches , yes!! :like: What a great fun to drive. Setup with alu Rock’s Experience front bumper and skid plate, Sunrider Besttop, mud tires, and yes, tube doors - yet to be installed.:sun:
Thanks Avantos Automobile GmbH for your awesome service !!

IMG-20190916-WA0007 (2).jpeg

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Nice one Stitch !!
Do you like the Sunrider? Is it noisy at motorway speeds or OK? I'm thinking about getting one for mine.

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
Nice one Stitch !!
Do you like the Sunrider? Is it noisy at motorway speeds or OK? I'm thinking about getting one for mine.
Tony, go for it!, Is not noisy at all, even with my mud tires on highway - I was quiet impressed littererly. I cannot compare with the roofpanels bcse havent had those installed yet, if i ever will..
Sponsored