PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Guys, 2 more questions:
1. Has anybody replaced the ugly stock antenna with short one? Where to get in Europe? - YES, EBAY.COM!
2. Is it possible to purchase Tazer JL Mini in EU/UK? Don't want to mess with delivery to Cyprus from the US...

UPDATE: Sorry, should have checked eBay.com first - there are quite a lot of aftermarket antennas available in Europe.
re 2
https://jeepey.com/product/tazer-jl-lite-calibration-module-049032/

Tazer support is also very good. You can upgrade to the mini ... more options, quite easily as it’s a software update.

FCD7CD37-BFA4-4A53-B29A-FF5AF847668C.jpeg
Sponsored

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nies
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2015 JK CRD X-edition, Jeep Compas, Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Guys, 2 more questions:
1. Has anybody replaced the ugly stock antenna with short one? Where to get in Europe? - YES, EBAY.COM!
2. Is it possible to purchase Tazer JL Mini in EU/UK? Don't want to mess with delivery to Cyprus from the US...

UPDATE: Sorry, should have checked eBay.com first - there are quite a lot of aftermarket antennas available in Europe.
http://jeepshop.be has the normal tazer on their site, maybe they can deliver the mini also.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Thanks guys. OK, it's not 329$ US price, but anyway much better than nothing :).
So, 1 way - JL lite from jeepey.com + software update from ZAutomotive site - will come around 450 EUR in total. 2 way - if Belgian shop can deliver JL Mini - i think it will be the same 429 EUR what they ask for normal size JL. Not bad!

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nies
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got some things sorted out on my jeep:
New ignition module (they burned it during install of my trailer-hitch)
software update
changed the module of the parking sensors because front didn't work
recall V41 ( steering damper replacement)

Finally everything seems to work

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Interesting that your front sensors didn't work. My parking module is also due to be replaced next week.

Sponsored

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nies
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that your front sensors didn't work. My parking module is also due to be replaced next week.
yeah, I think they somehow had a bad batch of modules or configurations.

stitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL UnLtd Rub
Guys, 2 more questions:

Check out the european version of the Tazer: Bawarrion JCal found it on the web
https://www.allrad-schmitt.com/shop...-jcal-progammiertool-fuer-wrangler-jl-ab-2018

Jenga Jeep

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S - Sting Grey
Guys, 2 more questions:

I got mine through amazon.es
Works good and looks nice! :)

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
You can get a Tazer from jeepey.com
It’s where I got mine...I got the Lite version.....but it’s easy to upgrade to a mini as it’s just a software lock

Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can get a Tazer from jeepey.com
It’s where I got mine...I got the Lite version.....but it’s easy to upgrade to a mini as it’s just a software lock
I’ve prepaid for it already, if everything goes smooth - I will have Mini a bit cheaper than Lite from Jeepey + upgrade. But if something goes wrong (which I’m sure isn’t going to happen), I will go your way.

kennware

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 Ocean Blue Metallic
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2 door Wrangler here in the UK. I'm decided on colour and number of doors - but having last minute doubts over whether to opt for a Rubicon or Sahara. Seems very difficult to reach the limits of a Sahara let alone a Rubicon off road, so that's not overly a worry. I'm trying to decide between the body colour fender flares and roof and the black plastic of the Rubicon (ideally would be having coloured fenders and plastic roof!). Besides these obvious differences (and wheels, tyres, interior), can anyone give me any other differing features between the models? Overland is out of the question for me - not a fan of the wheels or the silver accents. Cheers!

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
As you are probably aware, the Rubicon comes with lockable front & rear differentials and a front anti roll bar disconnect.

The Rubicon also has the 4 configurable auxiliary switches installed as standard and also I believe a higher output alternator. So easier to fit accessories like extra spotlights, etc at a later date. And the higher output alternator is useful for winches, towing, etc. I haven't found the auxiliary switch wiring harnesses yet on mine, but I understand there is one loom tucked up inside the footwell somewhere and one close to the battery. Both looms contain the feeds from all 4 switches

Think the Rubicon also has more solid "rock slider" type sills as well.

I'd go for the Rubicon every day. (But then again I am biased as I have one :) )

I think the residual values will be higher on the Rubicon as well. My theory being that older Wranglers are liked by the more hardcore off-roaders and the diff locks/anti roll bar disconnect will be sought after features.

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Ken! Cheers from another BMW fan ;)
Look, it is very-very personal and depends on what are really going to do with this Jeep. So some of my arguments might totally not work for you, and vice versa. But here's why I personally ordered Rubicon (although it's 4-door):
- We live once and why not to get the best you can :angel: OK, seriously, in Cyprus the MSRP difference between diesel Sahara and diesel Rubicon was 2'000 EURO - not that much compared to the overall budget. Nevertheless, with EU-spec Rubi's I think i'm gonna spend MUCH more to bring it to some beginner level off-road vehicle (even i totally agree with you that Rubi's capabilities are far beyond regular weekend-offroader requirements), you can check my thread here about what I want to improve, and there's nothing special - almost to bring it to US-stock + tires + winch
- Rubi has different axles - M200HD/M220HD - stronger and wider AFAIK - if you don't buy the Jeep for 1-2 years, you never know how far you'd go with its mods
- Rubi has front- and rear-axle electric lockers - i know that a lot of people spend quite a lot to have these lockers with aftermarket (and you lose your warranty if you go that far)
- Rubi has an electronic front sway-bar disconnect - as well as axle lockers you might need just to make even non extreme off-roading much easier and more fun
- Rubi has 4:1 (3.7:1 with diesel engine) 4LO ratio which literally allows you to climb the hills without even touching the gas pedal (checked it by myself with 2.0T on a test-drive)
- Rubi has a bit more of ground clearance - OK, this can be adjusted by tires, but still
- Rubi's stock suspension allows bigger tires and with high-line fender flares (which are stock in US-Rubi's, actually) you can go up to 35" tires with no lift, which is my aim at the moment
Now to the non-mechanical:
- I DO like the stock Rubicon's rims and definitely will keep them when switching to bigger tires
- I like the idea of having black plastic fender flares, non painted, as they are the first to be scratched/damaged on the trail as I understand, and for me black fender flares give more classic Wrangler look, let's say
- I pulled the trigger with One-Touch power soft-top because 3-piece Freedom hard top is also extra in Cyprus , and the difference again was not that big, and, look, I live in Cyprus - this will be my second convertible :blush:

OK, so IMHO it's better to get all above listed options for not that much more and have a full warranty on all of this, than save something now and spend much more later. But this we will have to do anyway - it's a Jeep :LOL:

kennware

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 Ocean Blue Metallic
Cheers for the input guys! Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Rubicon wheels over the Sahara too. I'm going to be changing out the Mud Terrains for All Terrains when I buy it and it seems easier to get some to fit the Rubi 17 inch than the 18s on the Sahara.

Those aux switches are obviously a plus point too, as is the interior just looking better with the red stitching and extra buttons...! Good point regarding retaining value too.

This would all be so easy (Rubicon!) if we were able to spec our fender flares / roof to our liking. Seen that the Middle East guys in this thread have that option like US customers. Do like the contrast roof, but would kill for body matched fenders (despite the potential impracticality).

Attached a quick mock up of the dream Jeep!

blue-roof-rubicon.jpg
Sponsored