JL in Europe

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
First off, the JL in Europe costs about 30% more with VAT and import taxes than in the US.

Well strangely the 2.0L Turbo comes without the E-Torque in Europe and we have a 2.2L 4Cyl diesel. Diesel is not much cheaper here but run a longer distance.
The 3.6L V6 nor the 3.0L diesel will ever be available here I think.
Only in 2016 the JK became available with the 3.6L engine and was some sort of collectors item here.

That being said, I don’t know the reason why we didn’t get the 2.0L Turbo with the E-Torque, which I’m actually fine with, but I wish Jeep would have mated it to an LPG (Liquid Gas Petroleum) or CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) system from factory.
I think that would have been a commercial success! (Hint to JeepCares! ;))
Sponsored

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Hi guys, changes in the look of the European bumper.
I have cut the plastic between the bumper and the fender flares and the remaining part inside it has been installed to protect the electrical part (as POL did)
At the moment it remains that way until the decision to change the bumper is made.

IMG_5725 - copia 2.png

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_5706 - copia.JPG 2.png

Frontal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2.2 diesel
Hi guys, changes in the look of the European bumper.
I have cut the plastic between the bumper and the fender flares and the remaining part inside it has been installed to protect the electrical part (as POL did)
At the moment it remains that way until the decision to change the bumper is made.

IMG_5725 - copia 2.png

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_5706 - copia.JPG 2.png
Looks much better after the fix.

I will be doing the same in the next few days.

rikkas

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara bright white
Hi guys! Today I’ve cracked my windshield for the second time! First time two months ago! Someone else had the same fortune here in EU?

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Remember to remove the large plastic cap under the engine linking with the bumper from below. Remove A screw and two pins (plastic) on each side, to remove the piece of plastic to be removed, I first marked with a black marker around the bumper to define the area to be cut, I took a DREMEL luejo and then Take it out and carefully cut and sand it.

Sponsored

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Guys, I'm interested in buying the TERAFLEX elevator
JL Wrangler 4Dr 1.5 "Spacer Kit
TeraFlex 1165200 JL Wrangler 4Dr 1.5 "Spacer Kit

Do you consider it appropriate to mount BFG 315/70 / 17r tires?

What do you think about this product?

According to TERAFLEX there is no lack of shock absorbers or anything else.

Price 20O $ with transportation and import to EU

Thank You

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Hola Manuel,
According to many users in the US in this forum, if you get the Rubicon high line fenders (I remember you said you will?), you actually don’t need a lift, nor wheel spacers (I would try them if they do not stick out of the fenders). You can even run the 315/70R17 (=34+Inch) tyre on the stock wheel.
But if you articulate the suspension out hard to the maximum, some rubbing on the inner fenders will happen. Mostly in the back, some cut out the piece of plastic that rubs, some put in aftermarket inner fenders, some lift the Jeep.

The type of lift you are looking at are commonly called budget boosts. They are very cheap to achieve a lift or to adjust front to back suspension height. As you are keeping the suspension coils and the shocks, you maintain the stock feeling when driving.
Small budget boost lifts are ok, bigger than 1,5” may create steering issues and harsh suspension feeling because the lower suspension arms become too angled instead of remaining fairly horizontal like when stock.

Personally I would prefer to invest in a more complete suspension lift including suspension arms (to correct caster and pinion angle), coils to obtain the desired lift and upgraded and adjustable shocks which can greatly improve the ride quality on and off road.

Remember lifting the Jeep and putting bigger tyres on the Jeep will make it feel slower and increase fuel consumption. It is always a compromise... but you will love it.

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Thanks Stefan, I forgot to say that I had to raise the Rubicon high line fenders, such and Pol comforter in this forum and that we are impatient of your report to place them.
What he did not know is that because of the small elevator he rubbed on the back part of the fender flares as standard in the European rubicon.
The decision to obtain this elevator is to not change anything from the stock suspension.
If that affected how you say something to the suspension arms, but as the springs tend to give way, with the time it would almost stay regulated. (I think that although I can be wrong)
The biggest reason why I want to lift and change the tires is purely aesthetic. It looks much more gross.
The biggest doubt is this elevator is ... how will it affect road driving?

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Thanks Stefan, I forgot to say that I had to raise the Rubicon high line fenders, such and Pol comforter in this forum and that we are impatient of your report to place them.
What he did not know is that because of the small elevator he rubbed on the back part of the fender flares as standard in the European rubicon.
The decision to obtain this elevator is to not change anything from the stock suspension.
If that affected how you say something to the suspension arms, but as the springs tend to give way, with the time it would almost stay regulated. (I think that although I can be wrong)
The biggest reason why I want to lift and change the tires is purely aesthetic. It looks much more gross.
The biggest doubt is this elevator is ... how will it affect road driving?
I received the Highline fender flares last friday. They were really bad packed into the box, and they are all scratched... Waiting for the dealer refund or replacement now... I'm so disappointed.

Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.04.50.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.05.26.png

claus2103

First Name
Claus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hello guys,

i am a German Wrangler driver and i need a help!

In Europe the Daylights are in the fenders, but i think the light from the Rubicon are the same as in US.
My lights have also the white rings in the lamps but it doesnt work. Have anybody any idea or informations.
Maybe the tings are not affilated with the wires.

Regards Claus

Sponsored

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
[QUOTE = "POL, post: 706674, miembro: 23750"] Recibí las bengalas Highline el viernes pasado. Estaban realmente mal empaquetados en la caja, y todos están rayados ... Esperando el reembolso o reemplazo del distribuidor ahora ... Estoy muy decepcionado.

[ATTACH = full] 185379 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = full] 185380 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]

What a disgrace, it is incomprehensible that this has happened, since they should be perfectly wrapped in their original box, perhaps, by the transit, someone has opened the box to inspect it and then it has not been repositioned well.
I hope they make the refund and send it in perfect condition.

By the way, I copy the budget that Quadratec gave me for the American Rubicon bumper and fenders, I think the charge is $ 1536 for transportation and importation is very expensive.

Purchase JLUR budget to Spain
Hello Manuel
Here is an estimated shipping for the fenders and bumpers that will be shipped to Spain. This may vary slightly depending on your exact location.

Total Product $ 1,619.98
Sales tax .00
UPS INTL ISSUED 1,593.99
The total per order is 3,213.97.

Last edited:

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Hello guys,

i am a German Wrangler driver and i need a help!

In Europe the Daylights are in the fenders, but i think the light from the Rubicon are the same as in US.
My lights have also the white rings in the lamps but it doesnt work. Have anybody any idea or informations.
Maybe the tings are not affilated with the wires.

Regards Claus
They must be disconnected, it is best to go to the dealer, it will be in warranty.
Mine the fenders led, always work.

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I received the Highline fender flares last friday. They were really bad packed into the box, and they are all scratched... Waiting for the dealer refund or replacement now... I'm so disappointed.

Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.04.50.png
Capture d’écran 2019-05-24 à 16.05.26.png
Are those new? Look second hand..
Hope you get a refund and replacement.

coz

First Name
corin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon 2.0 T
new bumper installed in the UK by Jeepey. re drilled to accept the standard parking sensors. 2" lift, side steps fitted

running 35x12.50x17 on slightly wider rims than standard

IMG_1111.JPG
Sponsored