JL in Europe

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
@Dohap, ok I see what you mean. I will ask to Jeep more information because I don't understand why my Rubicon with all the same specs as the US Rubicon in term of transmission, would have the US Sahara axles...
Sponsored

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T

hd.flstf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0T
@hd.flstf this is exactly what I was looking for !!!!

What is your lift ?
Do you think that with 2" spacer front, and 1.5" spacer rear, I won't rub, considering the same tires as yours ?
Have you done the speedo calibration ?
It‘s a JKS JSPEC 2.5“ with Fox shocks. 2“ spacer should be possible but at full flex it might causes issues at the front bumper. You will need at least 8“ wide rims to get it street legal. I have the Mopar 17x8.5 Performance wheels.

Speedo calibration is necessary because the circumference is 7.2% larger. I installed a Tazer JL.

Reactions: POL

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Please look at „build sheet” of Your car not to what dealer says or what is said on the web page. There should be everything. Once You get it we can ask on other part of this forum. Guys from US know already a lot about axles and probsbly can tell exactly what is the difference. Your dealer will tell You nothing as they were not opening these axles yet and were not comparing. There is different case in US and EU spec I believe (and really would like to know it for sure), as US case will not fit to permanent 4x4 axle. Axle is narrower, and has cv joint instead of U-joint in us, that means it’s different/ from different model. It has everything that Sahara axle has. There is no reason to produce 2 types of rubi axles which differs only in lenght and ending, much easier is to put other existing axle and rename it. Also max tire size is lowered (like for US sahara), and funny thing: Sahara special edition has the same big wheels as rubicon (but on 18”).
For me these questions are important as I’m able to get US rubicon imported for me.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Here is my JLUR 2.0T.

Teraflex leveling 1" front, 0.5" rear.
FOX IFP 2.0 Shocks
285/70 R17 Toyo GSI-5 (Snow tires)

I have 5 BF KO2 285/70R17 unmounted but I can't decide between it and a set of 315/70R17 KO2 with the 1.5" Teraflex lift kit...

Also waiting for the AEV front + rear bumpers, and 5 Savegre2 wheels for the summer tires.

IMG_4853.jpg
This may help...I have jlur axles(1.5" wider) and had 315/70/17 ko2's on stock 17"×7.5" wheels with 2.5" lift and took this pic with sport fenders that are almost 1" narrower than rubi fenders. They poked beyond the sport fenders about 1" and tucked when flexing. I swapped to rubi fenders and tires were right in line with rubi fenders.

As a data point, here are pics with 315/70/17 ko2 tires, rubi wheels with sport fenders:
vpojudI.jpg

EnSThPu.jpg

Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Would you have a back side picture with the rubi fenders too for comparison?

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Thanks @ChattVol ! As said by @Euro JEEP I am very interested by a back side picture with the rubi fenders for comparison :)

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
It has everything that Sahara axle has. There is no reason to produce 2 types of rubi axles which differs only in lenght and ending, much easier is to put other existing axle and rename it.
Sorry, but this is not the case.
The Rubicon axle is different than the Sahara and Sport. As indicated on the build stick, official materials released by Jeep.
Renaming the Sahara axle to Dana44 but keeping it actually as a Dana35 would in fact be completely illegal in the EU.
BTW, the width difference is just a few mm. Head on down a dealer and look underneath the Jeeps.
The front is clearly a D44 pumpkin. The t-case on the rubi is clearly different than the Sahara. Cannot say it's the same as the US one though.

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
102EBE08-16AA-4E40-BC24-E289B70BA5E0.jpeg
@Dohap this is the spec of my front axle:

M210 is the same as US spec right ?!?

F672CB22-4C39-4B30-B0DF-06A107A93CAB.jpeg

Last edited:

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Pol: name is the same, but some things not: 1-it’s narrower (looks like 66.5), 2-has cv joint instead of u-joint. So for sure Your M210 is not US M210. Question is what is really inside. And second question: is it closer to us rubicon or closer to sahara axle? Hopefully next week I will open both us or eu versions, or at least have them side by side.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
And second question: is it closer to us rubicon or closer to sahara axle
They are D44 (M210) axles with CV joints rather than u-joints. Otherwise select-trac would not be possible. This subject has been beaten to death several times already.

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
They are D44 (M210) axles with CV joints rather than u-joints. Otherwise select-trac would not be possible. This subject has been beaten to death several times already.
If it is a M210 it is a M210, no ?
Ok for the U-joint that is not mounted on, but the Rubicon axle is the only one that can receive the select trac and other specs of the rubicon... Why would they be using a Sahara axle ?

For info, with 285/70R17 with stock Rubicon wheels, I still have 4cm of clearance:

IMG_5304.jpg

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Why would they be using a Sahara axle
Why do you say they are using Sahara axles? Just because they have CV joints?
They are 100% not using Sahara axles. They are using D44 axles with a CV joint instead. The D35 is totally different. Different thickness, different length and different spline count. It would be literally impossible to use it. In order to do that, they would need to develop a different diff locker, different ring and pinion and some way of making the skinnier axles work in an axle tube that is too big for them. It is not a big deal at all to swap out to a CV. You can do it on a US rubicon as well.

There are aftermarket CV kits you can buy for non-CV D44 axles. They are pretty expensive, but it is considered a big upgrade over u-joints.
https://www.rcvperformance.com/ultimate-dana-44-cv-axle-set-for-gm-k10-k20-71-81.html

For info, with 285/70R17 with stock Rubicon wheels, I still have 4cm of clearance:
Awesome. Thanks.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
If it is a M210 it is a M210, no ?
Ok for the U-joint that is not mounted on, but the Rubicon axle is the only one that can receive the select trac and other specs of the rubicon... Why would they be using a Sahara axle ?

IMG_5304.jpg
Ok... i’m thinking about this sized tyre. Do they fit with the low level fender flares ok or did you swap to the higher ones?
Sponsored