JL in Europe

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I have always thought it might be a good idea to have a set of more road tires and another more off-road like.
Do you know if the JK wheels fit? There are always used 18 inch sets on sale in the local adverts for an OK price.
It just somehow looks silly to have street tires on it.

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Do those stick out past the fenders? I think they about 1.2 inches wider than the stock 255/75/r17 rubicon MTs.
No problems with the wheel offset?
Absolutely no problem, because 285/70R17 is the stock size on the US Rubicon... In Europe, only our fender flares are different.
If you order to Jeep the US highland fender flares you can also put the 35" ;)

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Very nice Pol!
For looks and off-road option 2! For daily driver and consumption option 1.
I have always thought it might be a good idea to have a set of more road tires and another more off-road like.
In my case it is much more for the look and proportions :lipssealed:

I don't really like the roady look of my snow tires, and I haven't seen mine yet with the KO2s...
The KO2 and its AEV wheels will probably give a better looking to it :angel:

It is my daily driver, so consumption is a real issue...

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
If you order to Jeep the US highland fender flares you can also put the 35"
Sure, I could make them fit, but I would never get TĂśV and so could not actually drive it.
The 285/70 are less than 2% larger than stock and so would be legal in Germany. Though, not sure how noticeable the height difference would be. I prefer a taller but narrow tire.
BTW, my wife and I drove to the French alps for ski holiday last winter. Got a lux flat directly at the lift. Of course.. we both got the flu very strong and spent the 1.5 weeks in bed. I made it out for about 30 minutes though since I had never skied in France until then. ;)
I prefer the ski towns in Austria, but I think the ski resorts and snow is better in France. At least from the limited exposure I had.

Sponsored

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Sure, I could make them fit, but I would never get TĂśV and so could not actually drive it.
The 285/70 are less than 2% larger than stock and so would be legal in Germany. Though, not sure how noticeable the height difference would be. I prefer a taller but narrow tire.
BTW, my wife and I drove to the French alps for ski holiday last winter. Got a lux flat directly at the lift. Of course.. we both got the flu very strong and spent the 1.5 weeks in bed. I made it out for about 30 minutes though since I had never skied in France until then. ;)
I prefer the ski towns in Austria, but I think the ski resorts and snow is better in France. At least from the limited exposure I had.
I forgot your TĂśV issues in Germany ;)
But put the 285/70 at least for yours ! The KO2 I had on an other car were super good at daily driving. Very smooth and not noisy at all.

Austria has better snow this year compared to french alps ;)

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
But put the 285/70 at least for yours !
I plan to buy KO2s but so far in the stock size. The 285's would be about 350€ more and my wife is complaining because I just transferred 55k€ from our bank account to pay for the jeep and now need to get new tires already. ;)

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
I plan to buy KO2s but so far in the stock size. The 285's would be about 350€ more and my wife is complaining because I just transferred 55k€ from our bank account to pay for the jeep and now need to get new tires already. ;)
The 285 KO2 are at 200 euro per tire on the net ;)

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Pol: Fenders are lower and axles are narrower in EU version, so it’s a bit different to put 35 tire without lift in us and eu.

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Pol: Fenders are lower and axles are narrower in EU version, so it’s a bit different to put 35 tire without lift in us and eu.
Ok for the fenders, but I didn't noticed the axles... :movember:

The EU Rubicon axles are not the same as the US ones ?!

Sponsored

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
No. Eu rubi has axle like from sahara, with permanent 4x4 and I believe about 3cm shorter

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
No. Eu rubi has axle like from sahara, with permanent 4x4 and I believe about 3cm shorter
I may be wrong but the European Rubicon have the Dana44 axles.

« The more capable Rock-Trac 4x4 system (exclusive to Rubicon models) features a two-speed transfer case with 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio, heavy-duty next-generation Dana 44 axles front and rear, as well as Tru-Lok electric front- and rear-axle lockers. Standard equipment also includes a front and rear axle ratio of 4.10 for the gasoline models and 3.73 for the diesel versions. »

hd.flstf

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0T
Ok for the fenders, but I didn't noticed the axles... :movember:

The EU Rubicon axles are not the same as the US ones ?!
The axles are wider which will require some sort of fender extension to get the tire coverage which is required in Europe. Some pics with the 315 KO2 and 2.5” lift with the standard fender. I got some extensions fitted and the TÜV approval today in Austria. I hope we will get some aftermarket fenders like the Bushwalker for the JK to get coverage and look ;-)

2FC24F1F-7D7F-4824-98AD-95205ED5056E.jpeg

6D2176D0-B5EB-4FC2-8239-2DE8693317EC.jpeg

7236FA32-541C-4306-A3AE-1D4609E52FDC.jpeg

POL

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0T
@hd.flstf this is exactly what I was looking for !!!!

What is your lift ?
Do you think that with 2" spacer front, and 1.5" spacer rear, I won't rub, considering the same tires as yours ?
Have you done the speedo calibration ?

Dohap

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC, G461
Pol: „new dana-44” means nothing. This is not even the correct symbol of these axles. US rubicon axles will not fit to the transfer case with permanent 4x4, and this is obvious. They are also narrow and ends are different- have U-joints, but to tell You what diameters are exactly inside I need to open both us and eu spec. There are some good threads on this forum about it.
Check this one: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...r-2018-jl-wrangler-sport-sahara-rubicon.1377/
Sponsored

Reactions: POL