JL in Europe

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
UK supply is very diesel focused, although petrol cars in decent colours do pop up on the used market from time to time. Interesting to see if this changes with diesel’s fall from grace.

Agree with comments about FCA missing what buyers want in the UK and I too would love to be able to spec like US buyers.

Manual, petrol, soft top rubicon; where do I sign.

With Land Rover and the Germans covering the luxury SUV base, Great Wall/ Toyota tending to Farmers and the Defender dead, then FCA has a great opportunity to grow the Wrangler franchise in the UK.
Sponsored

Artill

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK Rubicon
I too am in the UK, and have a 2 door JK Rubicon with the 3.6. It took 8 months from order to delivery, they really didnt want me to have one!
I would love a JL, but i doubt i will. I want a manual, and i think the re is very little chance of them offering us one. What has been said before is correct. Jeep in Europe dont care about what we want

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
It 'd be nice to get an european section in JLWF ...
As would a Latin American section - but really wouldn't have much value without a LA "JLWF Dealerguy" equivalent and/or a good base of LA Jeep enthusiasts. None of the LA Jeep websites even have JL info on them yet.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
;)Not so sure that FCA looks down on Europe. They did model the front of the JL after the French mustache after all.

Credit for this photo's idea, which I'm afraid can't be unseen once seen, comes from another forum poster:

FrenchMoustache.jpg

Last edited:

mitak

First Name
Radek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover Discovery 5 TD6 3.0L HSE
I was to my local dealer in Czech Republic and he told me, that at the launch in late 2018 there will be 2.0 litre turbopetrol and 2.2 litre turbodiesel engines. And in one year after european launch 3.0 litre turbodiesel will be added. It will be basically the same engine as in Ghibli Diesel (202 kW/275 HP/600 Nm).

Sad part is that after the european launch in late 2018 they will have only few cars configurated by distributor. And if I want specifically configurated car I should expect delivery in early 2019 :-(

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I was to my local dealer in Czech Republic and he told me, that at the launch in late 2018 there will be 2.0 litre turbopetrol and 2.2 litre turbodiesel engines. And in one year after european launch 3.0 litre turbodiesel will be added. It will be basically the same engine as in Ghibli Diesel (202 kW/275 HP/600 Nm).

Sad part is that after the european launch in late 2018 they will have only few cars configurated by distributor. And if I want specifically configurated car I should expect delivery in early 2019 :-(

Thanks for the info!
Any idea of that 2.0L turbo petrol is with or without BSG?

mitak

First Name
Radek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’ve got only basic info about engines as above. When I told that guy that rubicon with 4AUTO was spotted he was really surprised and unhappy. We have to wait until Geneva. Only three weeks to go...

Peb

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I was told that the JL will be officially presented at Geneva Motorshow in March

Sponsored

mitak

First Name
Radek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. “Presented”. But the sale starts no faster than in september. And probably much later.

Peb

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Yep unfortunately

Anyone knows a jeep dealership in the US able to export to EU?

kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
I'll import a US full spec 2 door Rubicon into New Zealand. Left hand drive has a lot more room in the drivers well. Warranty would be an issue as Jeep I don't believe does a world wide warranty like BMW.

phcn

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2002 KJ liberty/cherokee 2.5 crd sport+ (sold) - Jeep 2015 BU Renegade 1.4 multiair2 longitude - Jeep 2018 BU Renegade 1.6 Etorque South Beach

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd