JL in Europe

Norsfyr

First Name
Björn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Black
Yes. Frames, especially track bar mounts, are really badly welded. FCA tried to hide this problem and was not reacting for 3 months. Finally they have to recall vehicles, exchange (!) some of them and check all not sold yet.
That is not the reason for the deliver stop. Something with the egr valve and a need for a software update. In german the deliver stop also works and my JLUR stands already at my Jeep Dealer and not at me..
Sponsored

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia QV- Wrangler JLU
Yes. Frames, especially track bar mounts, are really badly welded. FCA tried to hide this problem and was not reacting for 3 months. Finally they have to recall vehicles, exchange (!) some of them and check all not sold yet.
Tks..I knew about these problems but I was thinking that FCA already addressed them before to deliver any new car.I will visit the dealer with the safety alert released on 05 October and will check the welding at least by meself and by my welder (employed in my company) tomorrow morning..I will also buy the reinforcement kit of course

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is not the reason for the deliver stop. Something with the egr valve and a need for a software update. In german the deliver stop also works and my JLUR stands already at my Jeep Dealer and not at me..
I eard the same in Italy but it is even rumored that this is a way to avoid much attention on the most serious problem of the track bar fittings issue.We will see..

SantiJKK

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Overland, Mercedes A200d, Kawasaki GPZ900R
I eard the same in Italy but it is even rumored that this is a way to avoid much attention on the most serious problem of the track bar fittings issue.We will see..
Hi Dante.
Just I have a question for you.
How is your steering? Any problem so far?
I am feeling my steering fine. No play when I drive on highway at cruise speed. It performs as good as my previous Jeep Renegade.
I checked my VIN at mopar website and my JLU seems to be not afected by the ‘welding-gate’ but anyway..even I checked visually, I am concerned.

Last edited:

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nies
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2015 JK CRD X-edition, Jeep Compas, Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Hi Dante.
I am feeling my steering fine. No play when I drive on highway at cruise speed. It performs as good as my previous Jeep Renegade.
I checked my VIN at mopar website and my JLU seems to be not afected by the ‘welding-gate’ but anyway..even I checked visually, I am concerned.
Happy to read this: I ordered a Rubicon that was in the dealer-stock and expect delivery within the coming weeks, hopefully the first EU-lot is not affected.
But I certainly will check when on the dealers lot.

Sponsored

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Dante.
I am used to very very direct steering systems with other cars..btw no problems at all with the Rubi.Of course there is some play close to the center but nothing similar to what previously reported in this Forum by some American collegues (that scared me too to be sincere)..
I will check my VIN too tomorrow..

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happy to read this: I ordered a Rubicon that was in the dealer-stock and expect delivery within the coming weeks, hopefully the first EU-lot is not affected.
But I certainly will check when on the dealers lot.
So..finger crossed

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So..I checked the Vin code and no recall at the moment for my car. But this doesn't relax me at all. I checked by visiting Jeep with one my worker/welder, all the weldings involved and the whole area described even by that famous youtuber on his recent video. The welding is present (not partially missing as on the cars that were affected by this problem) even if not (very strange) closing all the gaps between all the parts, letting me feel the temptation to close them by ourself soon, but according to some pics I have seen in this forum and on that video, they seem quite ok .Btw I ordered the Rusty's front track bar mount brace and will mount it when will arrive, because who cares about what Jeep is slowly doing when we are speaking about my safety and my childs on board right TODAY?!!
ra-1660-jl-1.jpg

SavageShock

First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
something now for some of the European guru here..Does any of you know if it is possible to homologate in Europe the tires at least that are delivered with the "real Rubicon" in USA? they have 285/33"x 17 compared to our incredibly poor 255/32"x17.. I think that the wheels are the same right? any suggestion or trick for us poor Europeans?

rikkas

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara bright white
Hi guys! Anyone knows something about Adblue for 2.2diesel? I’ve read that adblue feeeze at -10 degrees celsius...it could be a an issue without any heating system!

Sponsored

SNies

First Name
Stefan Nies
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2015 JK CRD X-edition, Jeep Compas, Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Hi guys! Anyone knows something about Adblue for 2.2diesel? I’ve read that adblue feeeze at -10 degrees celsius...it could be a an issue without any heating system!
With so many vehicles (cars and trucks) with Ad-Blue engines on the road I expected no issues but you made me curious so i googled it and find some explanation on an info site from Total: Ad-Blue will freeze below 11°C but there should be a heating system on board and ad-blue injection should be operational after 20 minutes, no loss of power until system is active.
I also find some truckforums where they discussed this and apparently there is some kind of "flushing" with air when shutting the engine down to prevent frozen pipes.

I did drive some time with a VW Caddy with AdBlue engine for work and neither me or colleagues had any problems with it in cold weather.

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
something now for some of the European guru here..Does any of you know if it is possible to homologate in Europe the tires at least that are delivered with the "real Rubicon" in USA? they have 285/33"x 17 compared to our incredibly poor 255/32"x17.. I think that the wheels are the same right? any suggestion or trick for us poor Europeans?
I think the wheels are the same 17x7.5 Speedo accuracy and gearing implications from an extra inch of wheel/tyre?

Last edited:

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Depending on the country you are allowed to deviate 3-5% from the original tire size.

SantiJKK

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Overland, Mercedes A200d, Kawasaki GPZ900R
Tks a lot...width and height too? or what?
That is refered to the all circunference. Here you can move between +/-3% of the overall circunference.
By the way, acording to my aprehensive-spider-mind I am going to order that Rusty Bracket.
Ups! I am feeling little upset thinking to put this aftermarket device in such a brand-new-so expensive-car but even my VIN is not afected I am afected. I dont want my steering goes bananas in the middle of nowhere.
I want to be sure my chasis is well constructed. I want to put more kms on it to be sure. In the meantime I will put that aditional aftermarket Rusty Bracket.
Sponsored

Last edited: