Sponsored

JL in Downtown Chicago

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Oh man so close to seeing the headlights and taillights if he would've just walked around! :facepalm:
Thanks for posting tho :like:

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
He had no idea what it was, I mean he knew it was a Jeep, but didn't have any idea that it was the new Wrangler. He said they were pulled over and looked like they were lost.

CorpCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Quad Cab
He had no idea what it was, I mean he knew it was a Jeep, but didn't have any idea that it was the new Wrangler. He said they were pulled over and looked like they were lost.
Yea and probably wouldn't have been too happy for someone to get up super close to try to get shots behind the camo :)

Is it just me or is there more camo than usual.
The front does have more camo than the latest prototypes we've seen which only had a black mesh camo.

Sponsored

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
Notice the flap in the camo on the rear. This would signify a back-up camera in my book. I was already assuming the new JL would have this, but it's nice to see some type of confirmation out in the wild.

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Notice the flap in the camo on the rear. This would signify a back-up camera in my book. I was already assuming the new JL would have this, but it's nice to see some type of confirmation out in the wild.
Where the flap is, it looks like it's in the spare tire assembly. I'm not sure that's a good thing, and moreover I'd kind of expect it to be lower by a non-moving part like around the license plate or trailer hitch. Maybe I'm not thinking creatively enough, but I kind of doubt it would be in the spare tire assembly.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Wasn't the Sport and Sahara tire tread always more aggressive than that? Those tires look like they belong on a Rav 4 or something.. it ruins the whole look of the Jeep

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
That's a Sahara, and they always get highway tires. The Rubicon gets more aggressive tires, either the MTR or KO AT tires.

Alvin R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
That's a Sahara, and they always get highway tires. The Rubicon gets more aggressive tires, either the MTR or KO AT tires.
Yea, maybe it's just me but these highway tires don't really look good at all imho. Also, the plastic looking (I hope they're not actually plastic) side steps don't help much.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Must have a backup cam by law bt next May. In fact the 2018 JK/JKUs would need them to be selling a single new one off the production line by then.

There are already photos of the previous mules with the back-up cam visible in the spare tire space.
And the interior spy shots had the park-assist button for the sensors act/de-act.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/24/new-spy-photos-of-the-next-jeep-wrangler-reveal-a-backup-camera/

(sorry the JL article no longer links to the proper pics)

Where the flap is, it looks like it's in the spare tire assembly. I'm not sure that's a good thing, and moreover I'd kind of expect it to be lower by a non-moving part like around the license plate or trailer hitch. Maybe I'm not thinking creatively enough, but I kind of doubt it would be in the spare tire assembly.
I've had them in all locations, and the License plate sucks for the Wrangler, it's the easiest after-market add-on usually but because the Wrangler plate is under the right tail-lights you're at an off-angle, which is very bad for backing-up, and has you somewhat more blind to the passenger side.

The Tire mounted location is best for protection from snow banks, or road gunk & debris, but it means your view is up high and top down, so either you compromise how far back you can see or being able to see nearby the bumper where kids and pets tend to hide.

The trailer hitch is the location for my daily driver (so I can align the trailer then remove it and hitch-up), the bumper is the location for the cottage Wrangler, they offer the best view backwards, but does mean it's more vulnerable to damage or coverage by dirt / snow. However you an see the little ones and critters better. And a replacement cam is $10-20 on eBay ($8 if all you want is the cam and not the cable and hole saw, etc)

For some (like my dad) the spare tire location is best, for others, like me the bumper level is better.

BackupCam1.jpg
BackupCam2.jpg

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Caught again in Chicago. The LED halos are so nice and bright!

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 7.27.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 7.27.17 PM.jpg

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Must have a backup cam by law bt next May. In fact the 2018 JK/JKUs would need them to be selling a single new one off the production line by then.

There are already photos of the previous mules with the back-up cam visible in the spare tire space.
And the interior spy shots had the park-assist button for the sensors act/de-act.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/02/24/new-spy-photos-of-the-next-jeep-wrangler-reveal-a-backup-camera/

(sorry the JL article no longer links to the proper pics)

I've had them in all locations, and the License plate sucks for the Wrangler, it's the easiest after-market add-on usually but because the Wrangler plate is under the right tail-lights you're at an off-angle, which is very bad for backing-up, and has you somewhat more blind to the passenger side.

The Tire mounted location is best for protection from snow banks, or road gunk & debris, but it means your view is up high and top down, so either you compromise how far back you can see or being able to see nearby the bumper where kids and pets tend to hide.

The trailer hitch is the location for my daily driver (so I can align the trailer then remove it and hitch-up), the bumper is the location for the cottage Wrangler, they offer the best view backwards, but does mean it's more vulnerable to damage or coverage by dirt / snow. However you an see the little ones and critters better. And a replacement cam is $10-20 on eBay ($8 if all you want is the cam and not the cable and hole saw, etc)

For some (like my dad) the spare tire location is best, for others, like me the bumper level is better.

BackupCam1.jpg
BackupCam2.jpg
Well, I agree with whoever is the Broncos fan!

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Is it just me or is there more camo than usual.
I think you're right! Probably because they're in the city with so much exposure.

That guy sitting in the passenger seat looks pissed at the guy taking pics :cwl:

Swartz2017

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango, 2016 Cherokee 75th
I find the most interesting part of the first photo not of tail lights or backup cams, but the roof line.

I know prior posts talked about the drop edge and so on, but the rear looks like a full on channel to me- and creates a look at the hard top like something would "clip" into it? Could this be some part of the leaked patent apps for a flip up glass stored on the top??
Sponsored