Sponsored

JL in Commando Green

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
For as much as Jeep reflects upon the heritage of Willys by slapping its silhouette and "1941" on everything but Jeep-branded underwear, I'll never understand why they seem so hesitant, if not defiant, in offering a military olive green color. Rescue Green wasn't quite that color, but it was incredibly popular on the JK, and Commando Green came and went more quickly than a Trump cabinet position.

So, in hoping they eventually offer that color or something close to it, here's my mockup of what is arguably the best, truest Wrangler color:

2018-jeep-jl-rubicon-side.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Right on. Please have this as an opening color with the JT.
I'd go for that in a heartbeat, but my wife would veto it. She HATES it, and I have no clue as to why.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
If the colors were as popular as you think FCA would offer them in a heartbeat. Colors are added and discontinued with sales trends and market research. I served in the Army for 20 years and can't stand the color drab green or the dull tan color.

Dagny

First Name
Dagny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element & Bicycles
I'd love that green, but I like the Gallapagos Green Metallic on my Honda Element.

Thanks for posting the photo!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spank

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
If the colors were as popular as you think FCA would offer them in a heartbeat. Colors are added and discontinued with sales trends and market research. I served in the Army for 20 years and can't stand the color drab green or the dull tan color.
They were popular here. I couldn't get to a dealership fast enough to get a Commando Green JK because the second one arrived at a lot, it was gone. And when the first JKs started populating the streets, every other one you saw was Rescue Green. They were everywhere.

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I'd go for that in a heartbeat, but my wife would veto it. She HATES it, and I have no clue as to why.
Oposite for me. I was leaning towards white or silver my wife is the one who planted green in my head and now I'm sold.

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
For as much as Jeep reflects upon the heritage of Willys by slapping its silhouette and "1941" on everything but Jeep-branded underwear, I'll never understand why they seem so hesitant, if not defiant, in offering a military olive green color. Rescue Green wasn't quite that color, but it was incredibly popular on the JK, and Commando Green came and went more quickly than a Trump cabinet position.

So, in hoping they eventually offer that color or something close to it, here's my mockup of what is arguably the best, truest Wrangler color:
I agree, and at the same time am promoting you to senior color and option selector at Jeep. Keep up the good work

SKT

First Name
SKT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

I think the filson or tank green would serve the same purpose and would look great!

Sponsored