Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
No, of course there are... but let’s talk logic. You said “most” ... how can you possibly make such a ridiculous assumption about thousands upon thousands of JL owners. All of what you said is simply your opinion, not factual.
As paulr said, I think the fact that you used "most" in your original statement is what caused so many people to cry foul. I really like my JL, and I'm far from mechanically clueless, and new cars are not rare to me. I'm blinded by neither issue and I still like my JL. I think "most" is the trigger word there. Some? Sure. Most? Unlikely, now that they've been on the market for about a year..
Take a random sample of people from world's population and ask who will say it's a good idea to buy a Jeep at all let alone one that hasn't been tested enough by a company like FCA no less. Are you both saying there's a chance of even 50% saying "I think it's fine"? :cwl:
Sponsored

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Take a random sample of people from world's population and ask who will say it's a good idea to buy a Jeep at all let alone one that hasn't been tested enough by a company like FCA no less. Are you both saying there's a chance of even 50% saying "I think it's fine"? :cwl:
apparently a lot of people think its a good idea, they're selling quite a few... anyways sounds like you speak from first hand experience right? Looks like you dont even own a JL unlike most of us here, anyways this is a dumb and pointless argument :facepalm:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
That is correct.

I found the exact package I was looking for in a JLUR in Indianapolis. Drove up there to deal on it and and found it was pulled from the lot for the recall . Dealer told me it won’t be available to sell til sometime in December .

I think it’s too early for dealers to truly know what is needed to be done with this recall. I had told them more info regarding the recall from this forum than they had seen to date from fca.

It was a white Rubicon. Glad I kept searching and found another one in Mojito up in northern Illinois .
FYI, in case you don't know. White JLs have a problem. The white front grill and painted fenders are known to turn yellowish. FCA has been painting parts under warranty.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Anyone who actually follows JLs will tell you the majority are fine. There’s already hundreds of YouTube videos of people wheeling them hard with no issues whatsoever. Mine literally has been flawless. I had a quirk with the traction control system, but pushing down my fuses correctly in fuse box fixed it right up. My welds are good despite being on recall but for the most part it’s been just as reliable as our Nissan Xterra when we bought it new and our current 4-runner.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Hey everybody, I decided that even though I adore my Jeep and have not had a single issue yet, Rakmaninoff is right, so I traded my JL for a Porsche. Everyone knows that Porsche has excellent reliability. I realized my mistake as soon as I took it wheelin’.
upload_2018-10-21_0-6-53.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Hey everybody, I decided that even though I adore my Jeep and have not had a single issue yet, Rakmaninoff is right, so I traded my JL for a Porsche. Everyone knows that Porsche has excellent reliability. I realized my mistake as soon as I took it wheelin’.
upload_2018-10-21_0-6-53.jpeg
Is that a Cayenne or Macan? How do you explain this to your insurance company!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Is that a Cayenne or Macan? How do you explain this to your insurance company!
"Um, well I was driving to the mall and this deer jumped out in front of me. I swerved and ended up on a trail. Yeah, that's it. But the trail was too narrow to turn around so I kept going, looking for an opening. Then there was this big puddle and I was going to stop, but there was a pack of wolves behind me so I tried to get through the puddle to get away but got stuck."

They'll believe that right? :idea:

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Check the stamp on the frame to see if its in the range or not.

Screenshot_20181017-192648_Google PDF Viewer.jpg
I'm good unless they expand the recall. My frame was built on 1/07/18 so 107, an early frame. Build date was 5/18/18 so this frame sat around for over 4 months before it hit the assemble line. My frame stamp was very hard to read. It was so light that I had to resort to a flashlight, magnifying glass, my reading glasses and a pencil and paper. Had to place the paper over the stamping and use the pencil to make an impression, then read off of the paper. Also had my welds checked previously by a professional. He didn't see anything worrisome. Dodged that bullet for now. Thanks for posting this.

Sponsored

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t see that stamp on either side? Is there another place I could look?
I had to look VERY close. My stamping was so light, I had to rub the dirt and mud off to see it and even then I needed a flashlight and magnifying glass. On the drivers side, just like the photo shows.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... My frame was built on 1/07/18 so 107......
I don't think that's how they read. My frame stamp shows "09318" which would be September 3rd of this year, and I bought my Jeep months before then. If I had to venture a guess (and it's purely a guess) I would assume they're marked by week number and day of week. If that's the case yours was made on Saturday of the first week of the year which puts it January 6th. By the same theory mine would be Tuesday of the 9th week of the year which would be February 27th.
Still only a day difference on your frame build date, but it explains how I have a 09 on mine which was obviously built before September. Additionally this allows the use of a 3 digit system into days beyond the 10th of each moth.
I'm just guessing, so I could be completely off. Maybe someone who knows for sure how they read can let us know.
In either case yours is clearly an early build, and likely have nothing to worry about. Mine is still pretty far ahead of the start of the recall so I'm not worried about mine either, and by my theory shows it made a month before any issues started.

20181024_112131.jpg
Sponsored