Sponsored

JL I want to buy has been recalled.

xcantuaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I finally found a JL in stock that I like and its recalled for the welding issues. Will this recall take a long time to fix? It a while to find my JL ....this sux.
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I finally found a JL in stock that I like and its recalled for the welding issues. Will this recall take a long time to fix? It a while to find my JL ....this sux.
Yes, there was a recall (check the issues section there's a huge thread). I personally would look for another one.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Depends...they say 18000 are to be inspected, but only about 800 need the fix. Inspections shouldn’t take that long.... if it’s actually one of the 800, who knows how long that will take.

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Either way you'll have to wait until these issues are figured out by the clueless Jeep/FCA people. Until then, your money is better in your pocket than in theirs. Or get a JK... the JL was massively overhyped because of the 11 year life cycle of the JK but it doesn't really deliver as everyone expected. Most JL buyers are either clueless (emperor's new clothes syndrome) or just happy to be in a new vehicle (giddy juice effect) which is why you come across a few who are truly happy with their JLs.

Sponsored

Beartooth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unl Rubicon; 2018 JK Unl Sport; 1976 CJ-7 V8
Either way you'll have to wait until these issues are figured out by the clueless Jeep/FCA people. Until then, your money is better in your pocket than in theirs. Or get a JK... the JL was massively overhyped because of the 11 year life cycle of the JK but it doesn't really deliver as everyone expected. Most JL buyers are either clueless (emperor's new clothes syndrome) or just happy to be in a new vehicle (giddy juice effect) which is why you come across a few who are truly happy with their JLs.
I love my JL. I have had no issues at all with the JLUR. Good welds, great steering, amazing off-road.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Get a different one.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Depends...they say 18000 are to be inspected, but only about 800 need the fix. Inspections shouldn’t take that long.... if it’s actually one of the 800, who knows how long that will take.
Someone in the welding thread said that they have welding issues and it isn't on the recall list and the numbers on the frame is outside of the range listed in the recall. I think he/she said their dealer confirmed welding problems.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Check the stamp on the frame to see if its in the range or not.

Screenshot_20181017-192648_Google PDF Viewer.jpg

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Do not buy that one. Jeeps are not cheap. Order a newer one that has no issues.

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Yeah, just order one...you probably nget it before they fix the other one...

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Some of your statements about JL owners are honestly ridiculous. My JL is light years better than my JK.

This is spot on. Just because It’s part of the recall doesn’t mean it’s actually an effected vehicle. I would only avoid it if it actually is one of the few with bad welds. Otherwise by it.