First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I tried the search first with nothing returning, is anyone using the below JL Holster Molle Panel from MPS? I was wondering what your thoughts are and if it rattles when the gun is on it. Open to other carry suggestions in the Jeep I have a 2 dr.

Thanks

https://www.molle-platform-solutions.com/product-page/jl-holster-molle-panel
If you buy this I’d be interested to hear how you like it. It looks like it would accommodate a Safariland QLS fork which would be AWESOME.

Reactions: GtX
OP
OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
If you buy this I’d be interested to hear how you like it. It looks like it would accommodate a Safariland QLS fork which would be AWESOME.
Hopefully someone here has one and will let us know if not I will have to try it.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have not used this system. I know that you are not asking about holsters for the JL specifically but rather this molle system.

But,, may I suggest that you look at Gibson leatherworks? He makes great stuff and has a specific holster that mounts in roughly the same place as the product that you linked to. (scroll down a bit to see holsters for the JL)

https://gibsonleatherworks.com/gun-holster-information

hopefully info was helpful, if not, ignore it And good luck with finding answers to your molle question.

Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I have not used this system. I know that you are not asking about holsters for the JL specifically but rather this molle system.

But,, may I suggest that you look at Gibson leatherworks? He makes great stuff and has a specific holster that mounts in roughly the same place as the product that you linked to. (scroll down a bit to see holsters for the JL)

https://gibsonleatherworks.com/gun-holster-information

hopefully info was helpful, if not, ignore it And good luck with finding answers to your molle question.
Gibson’s stuff looks super high quality. Probably going to explore that avenue once we actually have our Jeep delivered and decide whether I’d like driver or passenger side. Thanks for the tip!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Gibson’s stuff looks super high quality. Probably going to explore that avenue once we actually have our Jeep delivered and decide whether I’d like driver or passenger side. Thanks for the tip!
10-4.

i don’t own guns .... but I do own an iPhone (lol). Gibson’s iPhone mount (mounts in about the same place as gun holsters) is terrific. I have one for driver side and one for passenger side. If you like their stuff, you may wish to order one gun/one phone mount and put on opposite sides.

i also have the Gibson key fob holder ..... keeps the key blade from jabbing me in the b@lls. another top quality product.....

good luck with your search.

mark Gibson is also a member here

@Blkjak

Wandering Zed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon - White
Occupation
Quality Management
10-4.

i don’t own guns .... but I do own an iPhone (lol). Gibson’s iPhone mount (mounts in about the same place as gun holsters) is terrific. I have one for driver side and one for passenger side. If you like their stuff, you may wish to order one gun/one phone mount and put on opposite sides.

i also have the Gibson key fob holder ..... keeps the key blade from jabbing me in the b@lls. another top quality product.....

good luck with your search.

mark Gibson is also a member here

@Blkjak
My SW Shield 9mm fits in the phone holder perfectly. I also have their key fob holder. Excellent products!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I tried the search first with nothing returning, is anyone using the below JL Holster Molle Panel from MPS? I was wondering what your thoughts are and if it rattles when the gun is on it. Open to other carry suggestions in the Jeep I have a 2 dr.

Thanks

https://www.molle-platform-solutions.com/product-page/jl-holster-molle-panel

Many of us also use handgun magnets.... much less expensive... discreet, out of the way. The MPS panel looks a tad bulky. I'm a supporter of their products since they're a local business and I have their MPS overhead panel, but they can be a little expensive.

A few posts here:
Handgun magnets

OP
OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Many of us also use handgun magnets.... much less expensive... discreet, out of the way. The MPS panel looks a tad bulky. I'm a supporter of their products since they're a local business and I have their MPS overhead panel, but they can be a little expensive.

A few posts here:
Handgun magnets
Thanks I actually had not thought of the magnets and I have them lying around, but I orders the holster panel and I’ll post some pictures when I get it installed.

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Thanks I actually had not thought of the magnets and I have them lying around, but I orders the holster panel and I’ll post some pictures when I get it installed.
Please do. This is the holster mount that I'm the most interested in. I like Gibson's designs, but don't like that I would have to commit to only one of my pistols. With this mount, I can attach different kydex holsters depending on what I'm carrying that day. I'm very interested to hear some real world feedback.

OP
OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Please do. This is the holster mount that I'm the most interested in. I like Gibson's designs, but don't like that I would have to commit to only one of my pistols. With this mount, I can attach different kydex holsters depending on what I'm carrying that day. I'm very interested to hear some real world feedback.
Looks good and is not in the passengers way. I have 6mules if dirt road to my house so I am hoping that it doesn’t vibrate much. If it does I’ll let you know.

C785474A-8B39-4B41-B438-B6916D2B9FC5.jpeg

238CA6A4-C833-4985-971F-1EF256378009.jpeg

669F4493-85AE-4291-B589-9DF982670B2C.jpeg

D8F2ECE8-0EC5-4B8E-A8A3-0D57A24881D4.jpeg

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@BroncoHound - Not sure if you still want/need feedback but I have the panel installed like @flharleycop has on the passenger side. Haven’t noticed much rattle since I threw Loctite and torqued the passenger seat bolt down. If I do, I’ll get some little furniture pad things or Velcro to stick there to help. My ex-Ranger buddy prefers the gun there since it allows you to draw easier (doesn’t bump the steering wheel) and you can use the A and B pillars for cover. I did order a holster from @Blkjak since the occasional passenger may not like having the gun holstered on that side - I like the option of having it closer to me if someone else is riding shotgun.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
@BroncoHound - Not sure if you still want/need feedback but I have the panel installed like @flharleycop has on the passenger side. Haven’t noticed much rattle since I threw Loctite and torqued the passenger seat bolt down. If I do, I’ll get some little furniture pad things or Velcro to stick there to help. My ex-Ranger buddy prefers the gun there since it allows you to draw easier (doesn’t bump the steering wheel) and you can use the A and B pillars for cover. I did order a holster from @Blkjak since the occasional passenger may not like having the gun holstered on that side - I like the option of having it closer to me if someone else is riding shotgun.
Thanks for the update and the feedback. So you have the MPS panel with a MOLLE holster on the passenger side and a Gibson molded leather holster on the drivers side?

I’ve recently ordered Gibson phone holders for both sides, as I’ve just been carrying my sidearm in a backpack when on long drives, but I’m still tossing around the idea of one of these solutions for road tripping. I THINK I’m leaning towards a Gibson holster on the drivers side (I’d rather not have to reach across the center console and around the shifter in an emergency) but I’d love to hear your compare contrast opinions having both sides as options.
Sponsored