WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I tried the search first with nothing returning, is anyone using the below JL Holster Molle Panel from MPS? I was wondering what your thoughts are and if it rattles when the gun is on it. Open to other carry suggestions in the Jeep I have a 2 dr.

Thanks

https://www.molle-platform-solutions.com/product-page/jl-holster-molle-panel
If you buy this I’d be interested to hear how you like it. It looks like it would accommodate a Safariland QLS fork which would be AWESOME.

Reactions: GtX
OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
If you buy this I’d be interested to hear how you like it. It looks like it would accommodate a Safariland QLS fork which would be AWESOME.
Hopefully someone here has one and will let us know if not I will have to try it.

OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
bump

Dkretden

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have not used this system. I know that you are not asking about holsters for the JL specifically but rather this molle system.

But,, may I suggest that you look at Gibson leatherworks? He makes great stuff and has a specific holster that mounts in roughly the same place as the product that you linked to. (scroll down a bit to see holsters for the JL)

https://gibsonleatherworks.com/gun-holster-information

hopefully info was helpful, if not, ignore it And good luck with finding answers to your molle question.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I have not used this system. I know that you are not asking about holsters for the JL specifically but rather this molle system.

But,, may I suggest that you look at Gibson leatherworks? He makes great stuff and has a specific holster that mounts in roughly the same place as the product that you linked to. (scroll down a bit to see holsters for the JL)

https://gibsonleatherworks.com/gun-holster-information

hopefully info was helpful, if not, ignore it And good luck with finding answers to your molle question.
Gibson’s stuff looks super high quality. Probably going to explore that avenue once we actually have our Jeep delivered and decide whether I’d like driver or passenger side. Thanks for the tip!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Gibson’s stuff looks super high quality. Probably going to explore that avenue once we actually have our Jeep delivered and decide whether I’d like driver or passenger side. Thanks for the tip!
10-4.

i don’t own guns .... but I do own an iPhone (lol). Gibson’s iPhone mount (mounts in about the same place as gun holsters) is terrific. I have one for driver side and one for passenger side. If you like their stuff, you may wish to order one gun/one phone mount and put on opposite sides.

i also have the Gibson key fob holder ..... keeps the key blade from jabbing me in the [email protected] another top quality product.....

good luck with your search.

mark Gibson is also a member here

@Blkjak

Wandering Zed

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon - White
Occupation
Quality Management
10-4.

i don’t own guns .... but I do own an iPhone (lol). Gibson’s iPhone mount (mounts in about the same place as gun holsters) is terrific. I have one for driver side and one for passenger side. If you like their stuff, you may wish to order one gun/one phone mount and put on opposite sides.

i also have the Gibson key fob holder ..... keeps the key blade from jabbing me in the [email protected] another top quality product.....

good luck with your search.

mark Gibson is also a member here

@Blkjak
My SW Shield 9mm fits in the phone holder perfectly. I also have their key fob holder. Excellent products!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3 / 2018 JLR (all manual, of course)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I tried the search first with nothing returning, is anyone using the below JL Holster Molle Panel from MPS? I was wondering what your thoughts are and if it rattles when the gun is on it. Open to other carry suggestions in the Jeep I have a 2 dr.

Thanks

https://www.molle-platform-solutions.com/product-page/jl-holster-molle-panel

Many of us also use handgun magnets.... much less expensive... discreet, out of the way. The MPS panel looks a tad bulky. I'm a supporter of their products since they're a local business and I have their MPS overhead panel, but they can be a little expensive.

A few posts here:
Handgun magnets

OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Many of us also use handgun magnets.... much less expensive... discreet, out of the way. The MPS panel looks a tad bulky. I'm a supporter of their products since they're a local business and I have their MPS overhead panel, but they can be a little expensive.

A few posts here:
Handgun magnets
Thanks I actually had not thought of the magnets and I have them lying around, but I orders the holster panel and I’ll post some pictures when I get it installed.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aspiring 45y/o college kid
Thanks I actually had not thought of the magnets and I have them lying around, but I orders the holster panel and I’ll post some pictures when I get it installed.
Please do. This is the holster mount that I'm the most interested in. I like Gibson's designs, but don't like that I would have to commit to only one of my pistols. With this mount, I can attach different kydex holsters depending on what I'm carrying that day. I'm very interested to hear some real world feedback.

OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Please do. This is the holster mount that I'm the most interested in. I like Gibson's designs, but don't like that I would have to commit to only one of my pistols. With this mount, I can attach different kydex holsters depending on what I'm carrying that day. I'm very interested to hear some real world feedback.
Looks good and is not in the passengers way. I have 6mules if dirt road to my house so I am hoping that it doesn’t vibrate much. If it does I’ll let you know.

C785474A-8B39-4B41-B438-B6916D2B9FC5.jpeg

238CA6A4-C833-4985-971F-1EF256378009.jpeg

669F4493-85AE-4291-B589-9DF982670B2C.jpeg

D8F2ECE8-0EC5-4B8E-A8A3-0D57A24881D4.jpeg

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement