JL Height

rymanoo

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Will the height of my JLUR get taller if I put 37 tires with no lift? Or will the height stay the same?
Sponsored

HotKarlTheJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Will the height of my JLUR get taller if I put 37 tires with no lift? Or will the height stay the same?
It will get ~2” taller overalll. Depends on exactly 37” which tire you go with versus the 33” you have now.

However, you will rub the inner fender liners. I’m currently running 37” KO2s without a lift. Even if I go over certain speed bump it happens. Say goodbye to your off-road capability’s.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

You appreciate while the above is true, right Ryan? Tire diameter is part of the rig's overall height. Increase it by 2" all else equal, the rig rises by 2" in minimum height clearance.:)

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You appreciate while the above is true, right Ryan? Tire diameter is part of the rig's overall height. Increase it by 2" all else equal, the rig rises by 2" in minimum height clearance.:)
Other way of saying this is 1/2 the height off added tire goes below the axle so 4” taller tires will net 2” to Jeep. The other 2” just fills the wheel wells not adding to height.

As noted above, 33” doesn’t equal 33” ... Rubi tires are 32.8” if I remember correctly. 37” could be a little more or less.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Boredom can ruin your day-

W.E.

JIMBO

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
37's with no lift:

K9qKoS5.jpg

HotKarl is right though....depending on the wheel offset you will rub different things. The solution is just cut offending stuff off.
Hey Sean, that is a nice setup. How involved is it to cut the offending stuff?

HotKarlTheJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hey Sean, that is a nice setup. How involved is it to cut the offending stuff?
The part of the fender that most people rub are the lower rear fender liners. You can actually just remove them with 3 small screws and they detach separately from the rest. This will get a lot more mud and dirt inside the rear bumper though. You'll still rub when you squat the rear, but for around down, it's a lot less.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Other way of saying this is 1/2 the height off added tire goes below the axle so 4” taller tires will net 2” to Jeep. The other 2” just fills the wheel wells not adding to height.

As noted above, 33” doesn’t equal 33” ... Rubi tires are 32.8” if I remember correctly. 37” could be a little more or less.
That's kind of you.:) It would have been fair to say a correct way.;) As you pointed out, 1/2 of the diameter increase goes to height.

I got it wrong...X 2, but the principle still applies that bigger tires increase minimum clearance height..

Sponsored

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
Let me ask a stupid question as I am looking at 37" tires also. How much lift should I go with? It looks like 4" is the standard. Does MOPAR make a 4" lift. I think MOPAR makes a 2" lift.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
737D8E51-94EA-4E72-A2DB-C54C1353260C.jpeg
Let me ask a stupid question as I am looking at 37" tires also. How much lift should I go with? It looks like 4" is the standard. Does MOPAR make a 4" lift. I think MOPAR makes a 2" lift.
Mopar 2” lift is net 3.5 inch, these are 35s asking for 37s for Xmas

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
So many great looking Jeeps here. I am doing no lift (no off roading for now) and debating 35 or 37 on JLUR
Part of me says go 35 and then in a few years upgrade to 37 with a lift.... hmm

from what i have read, a true 35 should fit out with stock JLUR
Sponsored