JL heated steering wheel install help.

Dukeguy1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have a 2020 Rubicon will all options including sky one touch top led lighting package adaptive cruse blind spot and steel bumper leather Seats But no cold weather package. I purchased a heated steering wheel and heated seat pads wiring harness for steering wheel and modules for both the seats and steering wheel. Dealer Installed heated Steering wheel and module. He could not find the connection to the wiring harness to plug them in. he used the jlwrangler forums wiring guide trying to figure it out.

all that being said, anyone out there know how to connect heated steering wheel Module to the wiring harness? Trying to make this happen. Almost there...
Sponsored

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You may need a new steering column control module (module includes turn signal switch, wiper switch). This would have the connector on the front that would connect to the steering wheel heated connector, and the connector on the back (down the steering column) that the power feed comes from.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
I have a 2020 Rubicon will all options including sky one touch top led lighting package adaptive cruse blind spot and steel bumper leather Seats But no cold weather package. I purchased a heated steering wheel and heated seat pads wiring harness for steering wheel and modules for both the seats and steering wheel. Dealer Installed heated Steering wheel and module. He could not find the connection to the wiring harness to plug them in. he used the jlwrangler forums wiring guide trying to figure it out.

all that being said, anyone out there know how to connect heated steering wheel Module to the wiring harness? Trying to make this happen. Almost there...
What modules do you need for heated seats and steering wheel?

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
did you ever get this figured out? im in the process of doing this upgrade lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dukeguy1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately I could not make it work. Installed everything thing, however, there was no where to connect everything. I did not have the correct wiring harness in my Jeep. I thew in the towel and Ordered a Jeep with the same package + the cold weather package as well as a Diesel engine. Sold the Rubicon for exactly what I paid for it. It worked out in the end.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that I think about it, it could be easier to install an aftermarket switch for heated seats and just connect seat heaters to it.

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
Unfortunately I could not make it work. Installed everything thing, however, there was no where to connect everything. I did not have the correct wiring harness in my Jeep. I thew in the towel and Ordered a Jeep with the same package + the cold weather package as well as a Diesel engine. Sold the Rubicon for exactly what I paid for it. It worked out in the end.
The Rubicon didn't have anywhere to plug anything into? I know you need the Heated seat module and that should tie into the main wiring harness somewhere.

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
So question does the steering wheel wire harness have the plugs for the heated steering wheel or do I need to replace that harness as well.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So question does the steering wheel wire harness have the plugs for the heated steering wheel or do I need to replace that harness as well.
With Sport I will have to make it, with Rubicon you might be lucky.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dukeguy1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
there was no connection in the wiring harness for the heated steering wheel to connect to.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I'm doing more research, it looks like you'll (and me) need new steering column module to connect heated steering wheel. And the wiring harness might not be there as there are more than 10 instrument cluster wiring harness part numbers :(
Edit: Plus small wiring harness inside steering wheel is different for a heated steering wheel and needs to be replaced too.

Last edited:

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I think about it, it could be easier to install an aftermarket switch for heated seats and just connect seat heaters to it.
This is exactly what I did. Bought mine used with no cold weather package. I had dealer install heated seats. My switches are down on my center console just rear of the shifter. Work great. Did not bother with steering wheel.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My question is, could I install a heated steering wheel and it still work for changing radio, volume rockers, cruise control but not the heated wheel...I’m trying to get a Mojave steering wheel for my
Jl

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My question is, could I install a heated steering wheel and it still work for changing radio, volume rockers, cruise control but not the heated wheel...I’m trying to get a Mojave steering wheel for my
Jl
Yes. That's what I have for now. Heated steering wheel from rubicon, heaters not connected. Everything else works.
Sponsored