JL Hd ball joints/ spicer Parts service

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Update: They have sent me new parts and apologized for whoever I talked to on the phone that day. Pretty impressed actually.

Not that it really matters but it is a little annoying. Spicer parts keeps deleting my comment (twice now) from their Instagram about my zerk fittings falling out of their new HD ball joints :CWL:

Called them awhile back about it but all I got was “buy new ball joints”. I asked about the zerk fitting size..nope engineer had no idea. He was an ass as well, maybe his dog died the day before, I mean everyone has bad days so it was more of just an annoyance vs anger. So I ordered an assortment and got one to mostly fit. Problem is I cant find the flush mount style zerk for lower BJ.

Was later told I must not have tightened them down enough..well they came installed on the axle sooo next theory? Lol

Anyways just wanted to rant

wish they had an @

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Hd ball joints/ spicer Parts service F7D94412-5D47-4058-AD61-A0D100EDC4E4

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Hd ball joints/ spicer Parts service 1AFFD79B-667F-4ECB-B3EF-534878413647
Sponsored

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Lol they dont even know they put the upgraded ball joints in thier own axle?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
The zerks never stayed in mine either, the material wasnt thick enough to hold the threads. I ended up sticking one in and supergluing around it haha. It held

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Companies gotta learn that ignoring/deleting comments isn’t how to keep a good public image. If they had replied with concern and interest in your issue it’s much better than just deleting.

They have time to delete your comments but not reply to the user asking about older axles too smh.

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Update: they have sent me a reply! So maybe not the worst customer service but definitely have some bad apples lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
The zerks never stayed in mine either, the material wasnt thick enough to hold the threads. I ended up sticking one in and supergluing around it haha. It held
Oh man yours came loose too? I’m 99% sure on of my lowers is screwed and filled with half grease/ half water lol. I have no idea how long it was gone. I even took out the shaft and replaced the zerk with one of the other flush mounts from the top. Refilled with grease and boom! Gone again.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man yours came loose too? I’m 99% sure on of my lowers is screwed and filled with half grease/ half water lol. I have no idea how long it was gone. I even took out the shaft and replaced the zerk with one of the other flush mounts from the top. Refilled with grease and boom! Gone again.
Yeah mine popped out driving around the block lol

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
You ever figure out the correct replacement size for the flush zerk or resolve the issue? I'm currently without a zerk on one of mine.

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
You ever figure out the correct replacement size for the flush zerk or resolve the issue? I'm currently without a zerk on one of mine.
No never did. I ended up buying an assortment zerk fittings kit off amazon or somewhere on the internet. One of them sorta fit if I remember right.

In the end though I bought some dynatrac balljoints. Although now I would go with the ball joint delete kit. https://americanironoffroad.com/products/jeep-2018-current

I helped my buddy install a set on his JK. They are solid.
Sponsored