Sponsored

JL Half Doors - Compare | Contrast

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Those of you who have received your '21 with half-doors - or others with knowledge of the topic... Please confirm:
  1. Are the aluminum doors the same whether the dual door group option is either the base or premium uppers?
  2. Are base and premium uppers interchangeable between an OE base and premium dual door group optioned Wrangler?
Thanks!
Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don’t have my JL with half doors yet, but I had OE half doors on a JK for many years and I can tell you the only difference is the MATERIAL the uppers are made of. The FITMENT is the same. The lowers should be identical.

I am not sure if you are asking if you can mix a soft top made of premium material with door uppers made with standard material. It would work, but I am not sure Jeep allows you to order it that way.

EDIT:ohh, I think you are asking if you could take the half doors off of one Jeep and put them on another. Yes of course. The door fitment is the same regardless if full doors, half doors, hardtop, or soft top. It’s like lego, take off and put on what you want.

At some point I wasn’t sure if for keys or remote the doors could only be used on the original Jeep they came from, but I am pretty sure the half doors are generic. When you order them on your Jeep they just throw a box with half doors in the trunk.

OP
OP
lpasq

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
Thank you for the information. I was asking if the lowers are generic and fit either uppers.
Sponsored

Last edited: