Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Any updates on the gorilla glass? I’m already through 2 factory windshields so just ordered one today. Hoping it will last a while or I may have to add glass coverage back on to my insurance. Just hate that even a windshield replacement when you have glass coverage counts as a claim.

So far no issues on mine, but I've only driven it around 1,000 miles or so since it was replaced.
Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
For those that aren't aware...
The front windshield has a 12,000 mile / 12 month warranty through FCA.

However, mine has 28,000 miles on it, and Chrysler still approved replacing mine under warranty because it cracked when I turned on the front windshield defroster on a really cold night. My dealer took a photo of the crack and my VIN # and sent in the repair request, it was approved in under 48 hours.
I'm having difficulty finding this information on my owners dashboard warranty information. Where did you confirm this?

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far no issues on mine, but I've only driven it around 1,000 miles or so since it was replaced.
Hey @JSFoster75 and others with the HGP, I'm thinking of replacing my cracked OEM with this one. Ya'll still liking it? Does it have the cut out for the VIN like the OEM?

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Hey @JSFoster75 and others with the HGP, I'm thinking of replacing my cracked OEM with this one. Ya'll still liking it? Does it have the cut out for the VIN like the OEM?
I like mine. Not sure about the VIN cutout. I’ll look later.

Although I’ve been told you should cover that vin on the inside with a piece of electrical tape because thieves can easily see that VIN. And subsequently use it to easily steal your vehicle somehow. I have looking into it too much , but won’t be upset if the VIN cutout is not there. In my opinion that would be a bonus. If anyone legit needs the VIN they can open the door and get it

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like mine. Not sure about the VIN cutout. I’ll look later.

Although I’ve been told you should cover that vin on the inside with a piece of electrical tape because thieves can easily see that VIN. And subsequently use it to easily steal your vehicle somehow. I have looking into it too much , but won’t be upset if the VIN cutout is not there. In my opinion that would be a bonus. If anyone legit needs the VIN they can open the door and get it
Good point

I'm debating this HGP compared to the OEM Gorilla Glass - same or better product? Worth the price difference? I'm seeing $700 for HGP vs $1000 for Mopar

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Good point

I'm debating this HGP compared to the OEM Gorilla Glass - same or better product? Worth the price difference? I'm seeing $700 for HGP vs $1000 for Mopar
Same thing from what I gather

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I just looked at mine - YES the HPG one has the VIN cutout

Ghost Silvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Good point

I ordered the HGP for $700.00 and it arrived broken, so I had to put in a claim and send pictures. They sent out another one which also arrived broken. At this point, I just told them I wanted a refund. The glass shop I was going to have install it was going to charge me $150.00 plus tax bringing the total to $850.00 plus tax.
The same glass shop was able to get me the Mopar Gorilla glass with all the easter eggs for $850.00 plus tax installed. So, it was installed today.
I'm not knocking HGP as it may be a fine windshield once installed, Fed Ex just couldn't manage not to break them. Just pointing out that, the price broke down to costing about the same unless you're installing it yourself.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I ordered the HGP for $700.00 and it arrived broken, so I had to put in a claim and send pictures. They sent out another one which also arrived broken. At this point, I just told them I wanted a refund. The glass shop I was going to have install it was going to charge me $150.00 plus tax bringing the total to $850.00 plus tax.
The same glass shop was able to get me the Mopar Gorilla glass with all the easter eggs for $850.00 plus tax installed. So, it was installed today.
I'm not knocking HGP as it may be a fine windshield once installed, Fed Ex just couldn't manage not to break them. Just pointing out that, the price broke down to costing about the same unless you're installing it yourself.
Good to know the Mopar one with Easter eggs is available now, for about the same price to boot! I also paid $700 for mine and $150 to have it installed
Sponsored