First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Gorilla glass still isn’t a steel plate lol.
Exactly what I was thinking. Nor is it indestructible. But they do shoot it with a hail ball the size of a golf ball at 50 mph and nothing happens to it.

I would like to see a stock windshield do that...

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I have been pretty lucky I guess that in 17 months and 37,000+ miles of driving I only have two small nicks in the windshield. I am curious why they don't make a windshield out of just layers of Gorilla glass. I am thinking three layers of .5 mm thick with the sound absorbing layer between each would be the best. The soda glass on the outside would appear to still be susceptible to chips even with the Gorilla glass behind it absorbing some of the impact.

I also believe that flat profile of the Jeep windshield does it no favors, along with its closer to vertical layout. A windshield with some curvature will actually be stronger since it is designed to deal with compression forces better and that combined with a greater rake allows more items to deflect and not transfer the same amount of energy into the glass.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I have been pretty lucky I guess that in 17 months and 37,000+ miles of driving I only have two small nicks in the windshield. I am curious why they don't make a windshield out of just layers of Gorilla glass. I am thinking three layers of .5 mm thick with the sound absorbing layer between each would be the best. The soda glass on the outside would appear to still be susceptible to chips even with the Gorilla glass behind it absorbing some of the impact.

I also believe that flat profile of the Jeep windshield does it no favors, along with its closer to vertical layout. A windshield with some curvature will actually be stronger since it is designed to deal with compression forces better and that combined with a greater rake allows more items to deflect and not transfer the same amount of energy into the glass.
Agreed a greater rake or some curvature would be of a great help!

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Is there any type of guarantee?

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It’s already raked more than a JK. To keep the shape of a Jeep, I’m not sure how much more they might be able to go in the current market with the avid fans out there. I like where it’s at now. Much more and the dash would get longer probably pushing other things like the passenger compartment back too. That or make the hood shorter... losing that Jeep proportion some.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
It’s already raked more than a JK. To keep the shape of a Jeep, I’m not sure how much more they might be able to go in the current market with the avid fans out there. I like where it’s at now. Much more and the dash would get longer probably pushing other things like the passenger compartment back too. That or make the hood shorter... losing that Jeep proportion some.
I agree and I love the look of the Jeep. I was simply stating the inherent weakness of the windshield against impacts. I will be interested to see the experiences people have with the glass described in the video and if there are any issues with guarantees from breakage. What if you have two or three breakages? Is the guarantee term based on the original purchase date?

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I agree and I love the look of the Jeep. I was simply stating the inherent weakness of the windshield against impacts. I will be interested to see the experiences people have with the glass described in the video and if there are any issues with guarantees from breakage. What if you have two or three breakages? Is the guarantee term based on the original purchase date?
Probably a good question for the company if you are interested in one ;)

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
First crack last month. (3 year old JLU) I was on my way back from Big Bend and a subaru changed lanes in front of me and hurled a small rock back at me. Smashed the edge and splintered to over a foot long. Just got this in the mail. Install tomorrow and we’ll see how it does.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Gorilla Glass Windshield Now Available (Via Hyperformance windshield by HGP) 00B65028-9DD0-45AF-9B3A-9FDE98C42536

Sponsored

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
First crack last month. (3 year old JLU) I was on my way back from Big Bend and a subaru changed lanes in front of me and hurled a small rock back at me. Smashed the edge and splintered to over a foot long. Just got this in the mail. Install tomorrow and we’ll see how it does.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Gorilla Glass Windshield Now Available (Via Hyperformance windshield by HGP) 00B65028-9DD0-45AF-9B3A-9FDE98C42536
Nice!!!

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
33 left

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
In our state, they replace the windshield no additional charge (supposedly) so I wonder if I report the ding I have (on the passenger edge of windshield) I wonder if they will let this be a replacement? If it’s more $, I’ll be happy to pay the difference.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
In our state, they replace the windshield no additional charge (supposedly) so I wonder if I report the ding I have (on the passenger edge of windshield) I wonder if they will let this be a replacement? If it’s more $, I’ll be happy to pay the difference.
Push on that ding with your finger, it will be a replacement after that.....

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
And if you do as the other member suggested and it does indeed need replacement after that they will probably cover as much as they would for a standard windshield towards the GG one and you could pay the difference.
Sponsored