Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
It looks to be sealed. I tried to get pics of it.

20180806_180204.jpg

20180806_180218.jpg
Awesome, thanks for clarifying. I think this also concludes why the cupholder is not removable since the LED appears to be integrated and not just a lense for a light mounted below it.
Sponsored

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
I just replaced mine yesterday and shot some footage of how to do it. I can share the link once the video is up if anyone wants. i bit the bullet and just ordered a new one versus trying to push it back in. Expensive mistake

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I just replaced mine yesterday and shot some footage of how to do it. I can share the link once the video is up if anyone wants. i bit the bullet and just ordered a new one versus trying to push it back in. Expensive mistake
Yes please link the vid...I'm thinking of adding more light(tapping what is there) into them, would be a plus to know what you did!

bdubschitown

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Agree! Please post that link! Wondering if dimming LEDS could be tapped to that as well to create better in-cabin ambient lighting that the sports "lack" using the factory dial.

Thanks!

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I use one of those keyboard cleaning wads of gel. Shove it in and it squishes out to fill the cracks and crevices. Then wipe down with a damp cloth or armor all wipe.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy was going to edit the clips together but hasn't gotten a chance to. I'll try to throw them together tomorrow and get it online

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Mopar sells part #8675309 CUP HOLDER REMOVAL TOOL KIT $13.95 Included are the kit and a full color picture manual on how to use the tool properly. I used it to remove mine and I would give it 3 out of 4 stars. It was a little heavy.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Front Cupholder Removal jack-axe

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Mopar sells part #8675309 CUP HOLDER REMOVAL TOOL KIT $13.95 Included are the kit and a full color picture manual on how to use the tool properly. I used it to remove mine and I would give it 3 out of 4 stars. It was a little heavy.
jack-axe.jpg
You bought the JLU cupholder removal tool. Here's the difference compared to the JL removal tool. Mine is much lighter:like:

1449208074-pc031772.jpeg

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Here's a cheap cleaner from Amazon.

Sponsored

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I recall pulling off my 2018 cup holder liner to clean a few months after purchase. After discovering it shouldn't have come out I simply put it back and carefully pushed all the rubber edges back under the plastic edge. Not for a second did I consider replacing the entire console piece. If your careful you can perfectly reinstall the liner.

WaX

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
I recall pulling off my 2018 cup holder liner to clean a few months after purchase. After discovering it shouldn't have come out I simply put it back and carefully pushed all the rubber edges back under the plastic edge. Not for a second did I consider replacing the entire console piece. If your careful you can perfectly reinstall the liner.

WaX
I tried but didn’t like how it looked and couldn’t get the broken tab in enough so I replaced it. glad you got it back though!

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I’m so pissed about this, it’s supposed to be removable and we will see how it looks once I work it back in... can’t believe my wife’s water bottle spilled in there! I had to use a cheese spreader to attempt a fix, still looks like garbage now.
Sponsored

Last edited: