Sponsored

JL Frame Mounted Rock Sliders

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
I know there are quite a few threads about sliders, but in all my research I haven’t found any that have the protection all the way up to the bottom of the door, same as the JK Evo Sliders I had on my JKUR. Any suggestions? I looked at LOD but even they are lower and have a step ...

BD20C57F-3DF3-4F46-807D-22AF9A811142.jpeg

617AA561-1B47-4D50-8F07-102D23B3BC86.jpeg
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I found 2, one by tidal https://amzn.to/3ylEAmv and one by rampage https://amzn.to/3uZcnQ9
Tidal seems to be a lot beefier at doubled the weight as rampage
Unfortunately those tidal ones are not frame mounted

I'm in the same situation as the OP. I'd like frame mounted sliders that are like the older JK Evo ones. I had the Evo bomber rockers on my JK (the ones that rivnut into the body) but I'd prefer to go frame mounted this time.

I know in the [Banned Site] vids with Mel driving his JLU (red with American flag graphics) he has frame mounted ones on it that look identical to the JK frame mounted sliders.

I've been meaning to call and ask if those are available for purchase (maybe they're just JK ones... Idk)

I did find these searching around, they're at the top of my list right now vs others I've found available. I like the extra kickout at the rear and the fact they can actually hold the vehies weight without flexing up into the body

https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-jl-4door-unlimited/

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The price is pretty good on them as well

Sponsored

OP
OP
FrostySerb

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Unfortunately those tidal ones are not frame mounted

I'm in the same situation as the OP. I'd like frame mounted sliders that are like the older JK Evo ones. I had the Evo bomber rockers on my JK (the ones that rivnut into the body) but I'd prefer to go frame mounted this time.

I know in the [Banned Site] vids with Mel driving his JLU (red with American flag graphics) he has frame mounted ones on it that look identical to the JK frame mounted sliders.

I've been meaning to call and ask if those are available for purchase (maybe they're just JK ones... Idk)

I did find these searching around, they're at the top of my list right now vs others I've found available. I like the extra kickout at the rear and the fact they can actually hold the vehies weight without flexing up into the body

https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-jl-4door-unlimited/
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but what is the benefit of that curve at the end of the slider?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is going to sound like a dumb question, but what is the benefit of that curve at the end of the slider?
It's a "kickout". When you're against a large rock or something and using your rail to pivot around said obstacle, the "kickout" portion on the back of the rail will cause the rear of your Jeep to pivot further away from the obstacle. It helps to protect the tire/wheel and rear fender area. The kickouts are a nice thing to have when you're playing in the big rocks.

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What Limeade said. I wheel mostly East coast so even outaide of the rocks there's tons of tight trails lined with trees, the kickout helps pivot and move around things, as well as helps keep the top from leaning into trees, and can save taillights

Sponsored

Upsidwn

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The shrockworks look nice, I haven't been able to find any pictures of the mounting though to see how well they're built (although they do mention theyount to the bottom and side of frame rails with no drilling)

The rockhard ones look nice but are not frame mounted

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
The shrockworks look nice, I haven't been able to find any pictures of the mounting though to see how well they're built (although they do mention theyount to the bottom and side of frame rails with no drilling)

The rockhard ones look nice but are not frame mounted
Do a search on here. Someone has them and started a thread. He posted part of the install guide that shows it. Looked like it uses some of the same existing bolt locations as LOD.
Also, Icon has frame mounted out too. Theirs are weld on so a little more too it but could prove to the strongest.
Forgot to mention, I agree wish EVO had frame mounted out.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Nemesis makes some tub skins that go up to the door. Pairs nicely with the frame mounted rockers.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Frame Mounted Rock Sliders IMG_20210514_195523_603
Sponsored

Last edited: