LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So... Everyone post off-road road trips, but what about just a good ol cross country jaunt? Tomorrow I head out on a 20 hour drive in a soft top sport S.

Curious for those of us that use this as our daily vehicle, longest roadtrip? How did it go? Long-term comfort?

Either way, Florida here I come!

Did a 5000 mile run up from Phoenix, to Canadian Rockies and Back, then to Colorado and home within a 2 week period. Previously to that I did a 2500 mile run to Yosemite, and Lake Tahoe, Santa Rosa and return months prior. So I'd say it's good to go on trips.
Sponsored

KichiMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Honda Accord, '19 JLU Sahara
Took the family a few weeks ago from Los Angeles to New Mexico and our JL Sahara was very comfortable. I did put a recliner kit in the back for them though and they had no complaints either. I was getting about 24.7 mpg on the trip.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
So... Everyone post off-road road trips, but what about just a good ol cross country jaunt? Tomorrow I head out on a 20 hour drive in a soft top sport S.

Curious for those of us that use this as our daily vehicle, longest roadtrip? How did it go? Long-term comfort?

Have gone approx 700 miles each way to visit mom and younger brothers from Denver to Springfield mo. Have done that one twice now. It isnā€™t bad, it isnā€™t as nice as doing it in a car, but its more fun to have when i get there. Little noisy, radio fixes that, seats are pretty damn good actually. I donā€™t mind it :)

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
From Kansas to the ocean. Back sucks to sleep in. Back is sore, but it was from a crappy chair day before I left. Heated seat helped it a lot actually.

All in all, JL was awesome. Even happier with my purchase!
IMG_20190816_173647.jpg

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
We recently took about a 2,000 mile round trip from Kansas City to and through the Colorado Rockies. It was a fantastic trip in our Wrangler JLU Sahara. The ride was comfortable and with the premium soundā€™s noise cancellation feature and insulated hard top, wind noise was not an issue. What surprised me the most was that we got better gas mileage driving in the mountains (24+ mpg) than I did driving across the plains of Kansas (21.5). I would have guessed that our mileage would have dropped from going up and down the mountains. I used 87 octane the entire trip (Engine: 3.6L V6).

Last edited:

Sponsored

ekone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, bone Stock sport
Just got back from a trip to Niagara, Philly and lancaster pa from NC, and was totally shocked at the 25.5 mpg we got in a stock sport. This was a fun drive (except the super delays coming back in multiple areas close to dc). Over 1600 miles this week and love this thing even more than before.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Raleigh NC to Flagstaff AZ (30 hours across 4 days) then to Moab then to Ouray CO then back home over three weeks. Jeep was comfortable and fun.
Will be heading back to Moab in January driving straight through by making a bed in the rear to sleep/drive/switch.

Vargasvinyls

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2019 Ram 1500, 2016 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Elevator Constructor
My family of 4 has taken multiple 8-12 hour road trips in our 2019 JLU Rubicon. To be completely honest, itā€™s probably pretty good as far as a Jeep goes. But in all reality it isnā€™t comfortable or practical, lol. The first 4-5 hours is always good, after that the seats get really uncomfortable for all involved. The ride is pretty good, but we all know how the steering goes in a JLU. Imagine that for 12 hours straight. If you just want a fun road trip it may be ok, but if itā€™s a nice family vacation Iā€™d think twice. Our first choice is always our Ram for a nice road trip.

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Very comfortable and fun to drive in every way...except the steering is horrible on the expressway. Downright dangerous in heavy traffic.

The faster I go...the harder it is to stay in my lane. 70+ MPH could get down right scary...especially in windy conditions, heavy traffic, rough roads, etc.

Tyderian

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0 Turbo
Clubs

4th of July weekend I drove ~450 r/t to a backpacking spot in Tahoe National Forest. My JLU Sahara was super comfortable the whole way. I braved the snowdrifts covering the trail near the parking area, but realized I couldn't make it with my stock tires. Also noticed the JLUR that came up behind me didn't even make an attempt. Still haven't cleaned off the mud yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jamesj242003

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1998 Mercedes ML320, 1998 BMW 528iA, 2002 BMW 325xi

I drove my JLU Rubicon (hardtop) from Maryland to Wyoming, racking up about 2,650 miles. It was a great trip, even hauling a 2,000+ pound U-Haul trailer. A very pleasant drive; no problems at all.

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
I've done a few road trips with mine from Minneapolis. Last year, twice to Colorado and once to Alaska. This year, took it through Wyoming down into Utan and over to Ouray. I think it's pretty comfy for those long days. The dog thinks so too. I've put way too many miles on her already. Ha.

Last year was on the stock suspension and it was good. But this year on the new AEV suspension, it rode much better.

IMG_0745.jpg

6102D4C3-D631-47ED-825F-69A08FC38F6C.jpg

Grant

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 (Ordered) JLUR, Punkinā€™, 3.6 Auto,
I have driven my ā€˜19 JLUR from ATL to CA, and again from ATL to Phoenix, AZ. The drive was outstanding. I do have a TeraFlex ST3 Lift and 35ā€ KO2ā€™s. Excellent road manners and was truly a great drive. Heading to Ouray, CO in three weeks.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I live in FL and routinely do 80 MPH on the interstate. Wet pavement is no different than dry. No comfort issues, not steering issues. I feel perfectly safe and comfortable.

en2coasty

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2002 tj

Late June thru Mid July the better half and I did central TX to NM, CO, WY, SD, MT, Waterton Lakes Canada and back to TX. Towing our Aliner Scout we avg 17.5 mpg over the 4,737 miles very comfortable. 2018 JL is great on road and off road.
Sponsored