wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have been from Michigan to Tennessee twice this year. Each time was about 1500 miles. Did a 1000+ mile trip in the UP of Michigan and headed to Colorado from Michigan in about two weeks. I am a big guy and have found the JLUR to be comfortable even during 12+ hour days in the Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ksvette

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
get the glass coverage. its like $3.00 and it doesnt matter how many time it get replaced. well worth it.
Tried.....they don't have it. But, my insurance does offer one deductible per incident. So if a hail/tornado etc comes and fucks up both houses, and a few cars. I pay a single deductible. I with live with the shitty glass coverage

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I've gone from Chi - Northern GA back to windrock the next day back to Northern GA and then back to Chi.

Then a few months ago I wen't from Chi to Moab and back

37" Load D's and Falcon shocks. Road trips are no biggie.

ronr7573y

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Chevrolet Bolt, '18 Lexus NX 200h
I've been considering a Wrangler as a third vehicle. We relocated to Tucson 2 years ago, and currently have a Chevy Bolt EV and a 2018 Lexus NX300h. I was going to get a convertible for those balmy evenings, but got the idea that a Wrangler with the 3 piece top to fill that need. In order to answer the question posed in this thread, I rented an Unlimited Sahara earlier this week to drive from Atlanta (arrival airport) to Greenville, SC, and return that evening. About 145 miles each way.

Positives:

Acceptably straight tracking at 70-75 mph
Surprisingly good fuel mileage (about 27 average)
Nice high ride (will please the wife)

Negatives

Wind noise at high speed (but not unacceptable - It is no Grand Cherokee)
A bit of difficulty getting in and out, but again, not unacceptable

Next - Get hold of a two-door for a road trip, as that is my preferred size.

Ron

kstjarre

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU Sport S, 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Ive driven my JLU from Ct to Sc 5 times and my 2 door JK 4 times before that. Its around 2300 miles counting the miles while im there, ive had no comfort issues or mechanical issues. The JLU is much better than the JK for long distance but both of them love to make stops at any wrangler's favorite roadside attraction, The gas pump lol.

Sponsored

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Taken at least 6 or 7 450 mile trips along with a few 600 and about to do 1000 mile one, love it,, not as smooth or quick as my last few performance cars as my, but then again less worry about speeding tickets

Last edited:

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
6015 miles driveway to driveway. Just completed a cross Country trip. Awesome and could not be happier with my JL. Wind noise, yes but other than that perfect. A few 10 hour drive days and found it extremely comfortable. Averaged 21.3 MPG per the trip calculator. Speeds were normally 60 to 70 but on a few highways got to go 80 and then some. Went from Rochester NY to Denver to Breckenridge, to Yosemite, to Lake Tahoe, to Reno and home again. Did some off road stuff and my JL, no winch, did everything I asked of it.

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
The JLU is a Cadillac compared to the old TJs I used to have. So I assume that the JL is also significantly better. Back when I had my '97 TJ soft top, I had to drive from Sevierville, TN to a plant in Elsie, MI. I worked about 4 hrs to fix a problem and then drove home... 23.5 hrs round trip. It was fine though I wouldn't do it again. Recently, I have driven non-stop to places like Sioux Falls, SD and, later, Boston, MA in a single day, though those trips were in my 4Runner Trail. My JKUR seems just as comfortable and should be just as good for those extended road trips... maybe even more so due to the softer suspension.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
did another 1800 mile trip to pigeon forge tn. the 2 dr was great, smooth riding avg speed 70 -75mph. avg 25.5 - 28 mpg. that was in sept. this past weekend went to ocean city md 400 mile round trip. avg speed 70, and getting 27 to 29.1 mpg.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Just did a trip to Orlando from Summerville, SC - 400 miles or so each way with the wife and three tax credits in the 2020 JLUR.

We were concerned doing a trip with all three lined up across, but they actually did great. the $15/month unlimited wifi hotspot was well worth it. On the way back it was not working but still ended up great driving trip and the munchkins largely got along.

Comfort was fine, little noisy with the one touch top compared to the van but perfectly fine with the radio going. I believe I've got permission now to sell the minivan and buy something more fun -now just need to decide if that will be a gladiator or a corvette.
Sponsored