JL for a roadtrip??

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
So... Everyone post off-road road trips, but what about just a good ol cross country jaunt? Tomorrow I head out on a 20 hour drive in a soft top sport S.

Curious for those of us that use this as our daily vehicle, longest roadtrip? How did it go? Long-term comfort?

Either way, Florida here I come!
Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to your experience as I plan to pick up my JL and do an epic road trip!

EngenZerO

First Name
Ozzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Wife and I live in Denver and took our brand new Moab to South Lake Tahoe for a weeks long vacation. Had it packed up and traveled with two dogs. It was a blast. I found the seats and ride pretty comfortable. Tires (KM2) were air downed to 34psi for the road trip. My only gripe was the gas mileage.

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
My wife and I drove over 700 home when took delivery of our 2019 JLRU. Great drive, no problems.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Extended weekend from NYC to Toronto and back. Averaged 24 mpg and was pretty comfy. Not as much leg room though for passengers in the back.

Watchthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
We left May 1 for Durango Co 1600 miles 2 days. From there we went to Moab, St George Utah, then to the Badlands of South Dakota then back home.We did 6300 miles in 22 days and the most was 850 miles in one day. Gas mileage was anywhere from 13.5 (high winds) to 21 mpg. I ran the tires at 30 psi and enjoyed the drive as much as my wife’s GMC Denali.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
NH to Gettysburg PA about 2 weeks ago in our JL Sahara.

IMO it was very comfortable and we did pretty well on MPGs. Other than stopping for breakfast and gas one we drove straight through (7 hours) and we did great in it.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Two weeks after I got my 2 door Rubicon, I drove it from Michigan to Denver in one day. Wheeled it all over Colorado, and then back to Michigan (This time in two days). Here's the odometer when I arrived in Denver. Notice how that trip was more than half of the miles put on my Jeep at that point. 15 and a half hours drive time that day, but the whole trip took about 18. I came from a TJ, so this Jeep (Hardtop) was incredibly easy to drive, comfortable, and quiet. I'd do it again

IMG_20180818_092738.jpg

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I've gone from PA to Cape Cod a couple times with my 2018 Sport S. It's not bad, BUT I will admit that it's not super comfy, either. My back definitely starts to feel it around the 5-6 hour mark. It's not horrible or anything, and we usually stop every couple hours because I have a 10-month-old daughter, but it's not plush lol

Road noise and all that doesn't bother me or my family, and I have a soft top.

Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
All around Florida which is where I live. Many many day trips from coast to coast. Comfort is great noise not an issue. I get tired though cuz I constantly have to keep in the middle of the lane. Hopefully that'll be work out soon.

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't made an extended trip in the JL, but took our JK from Houston to Vegas with one dog on the way there and two dogs on the way back. (we picked up a Weimaraner while we were there) Made our way back by way of the Grand Canyon and other parts of Arizona. I think the Wrangler Unlimiteds make great road vehicles and offer the opportunity to explore the country in ways no sedan can.

HendersonJL

First Name
Chinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray 2-door JL
We're about to make a 5 hour trip to Pine Bush, NY from Maryland in a 2 dr Sport S (soft top) with two kids and some camping gear (cargo basket).

Will see how it does in terms of noise and comfort.

Airing down is a great tip! Thank You!

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
So... Everyone post off-road road trips, but what about just a good ol cross country jaunt? Tomorrow I head out on a 20 hour drive in a soft top sport S.

Curious for those of us that use this as our daily vehicle, longest roadtrip? How did it go? Long-term comfort?

I've taken my soft top JLUR to Destin each of the two summers I've owned it. It was plenty comfortable with the two kids and wife. Of course ours is more like a 6 hour trip.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....

You’ll have a great time! Back in May while I was home on R&R, I did about 2800 miles in a week. Went from Winchester Virginia down the Shenandoah valley, across into central North Carolina through the Smoky Mountains over to middle Tennessee, down to Chattanooga, back up to the Winchester area. Had tons of little side trips in there too.

Top was down most of the time... did great on gas... stereo up... had a blast!
Sponsored