Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just submitted my order.

After 5 weeks of my Jeep being in the service department, I finally got it back a few days ago. Only owned it for just over 7 weeks...

Took it out today to do some running around. Set off the panic alarm twice, key popped open like three times. It was the only damn thing in my pocket, wtf.

Nice keychain Wranglerman ;)
20181013_174113.jpg
Well the keychain goes with this little toy :like:

74347390-3961-44F0-B4D6-E3181091CE13.jpeg
Sponsored

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to say that after months of use I can really stand 100% behind this product and say that it is so well built and tuff! I have one with the clasp and it gets banged around a lot and no problems at all. I knew it was well built when I first saw it but I really wanted to test it under harsh conditions before posting about it.

Great work and thanks for such a great product. I will be ordering another for my other key fob to use only when I go out! You know the clean one and the work one!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Just submitted my order.

After 5 weeks of my Jeep being in the service department, I finally got it back a few days ago. Only owned it for just over 7 weeks...

Took it out today to do some running around. Set off the panic alarm twice, key popped open like three times. It was the only damn thing in my pocket, wtf.

Nice keychain Wranglerman ;)
20181013_174113.jpg
Justin, sorry to hear about your troubles with your JL ... hopefully they are behind you now and that you can enjoy yours as much as we do ours. Oregon has some beautiful areas to take in. We will get your FOB Holster shipped out to you in a couple of days. Thank you for your order.

Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Mark, I know your going to be out for a while and that’s great, but I am interested in a brown with the green stitching and the snap clip. I have not read anything else on the green stitching. Let me know if you decide to do it please!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Mark, I know your going to be out for a while and that’s great, but I am interested in a brown with the green stitching and the snap clip. I have not read anything else on the green stitching. Let me know if you decide to do it please!
Hello James, we are back from our trip to AZ .. had a great time and not looking forward to going back to the corporate life tomorrow. On my website, I do offer the black versions with different thread options, but have not (for now) included them on tan or brown versions. Simply because i have had very few requests for them. I do charge an extra $5 for this since I can't really do them in batches. I will however make you a brown with green thread if you would like one. Just shoot me an email and let me know your specifics (brown, green, snap ..not sure if you want the button window or not) at [email protected]. Attached is a pic that Responsible Adult sent me of her black/green next to Mojito to give you an idea of the color. Hope she doesn't mind me using it, but she takes much better pics than I do.
Green Thread.png

Sponsored

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Attached is a pic that Responsible Adult sent me of her black/green next to Mojito to give you an idea of the color. Hope she doesn't mind me using it, but she takes much better pics than I do.
Green Thread.png
Don’t mind at all.... I was going to attach it myself, so this saves me looking for it!

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Justin, sorry to hear about your troubles with your JL ... hopefully they are behind you now and that you can enjoy yours as much as we do ours. Oregon has some beautiful areas to take in. We will get your FOB Holster shipped out to you in a couple of days. Thank you for your order.
Ok, these are amazing. Mine showed up last night. I cannot believe the fit and quality. Damn fine work and such high quality materials.
20181020_081343_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hello everyone. Several weeks ago I had a customer inquire about building him a FOB holster; brown with green thread (which is not something I am offering and have not really had any inquiries about) After several emails back and forth, I agreed to build him one and I failed to secure the funds up front (my fault). I built the FOB holster and after several attempts at reaching him, I have not received any replies and I have pretty much given up. There could be a hundred reasons for this, so I am not going to bash him. However, I also don't want to sit on stock that someone else may also be interested in . It is a one off and if you are interested please send me a private message or email me at [email protected]
Thanks in advance

Brw_Grn FOB.jpg

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
The may have been brought up but i was wondering if this will have any effect on the proximity option. Has anyone noticed a reduction in signal output while it's in the holster?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
The may have been brought up but i was wondering if this will have any effect on the proximity option. Has anyone noticed a reduction in signal output while it's in the holster?
Valid question.
When I was doing some testing for TiaMc on a cover to block signal transmission/recepetion from the key, it was amazing to me what it actually takes to affect the this. I purchased several different types of RF blocking fabric. Most were junk. Those that had an affect needed multiple wraps around the entire key and it made no difference whether leather (which is not conductive and also makes a poor insulator) was wrapped around it or not.

For those with proximity 'entry that have had issues with lack of or delayed response of the system (me included), I don't think the issue is with the key itself. The reason I think this is because (and I have only had a few instances) is that it has occurred using either key, it has occurred with both keys in range, it has occurred with key in hand (no holster) and in the holster and with just the key in the wife's purse. It also only occurred on unlocking, not locking.

In my case the issue only lasted a day or two and both times seems to have fixed itself.

For myself (and I have not seen anyone else mention it) have had an issue with locking, only unlocking. The basic operation of signal transmission between the FOB and vehicle are same.
The 2 primary differences are:
  • Unlocking uses a capacitive sensor in the handle and locking uses a physical contact switch
  • When you are locking, you usually have just gotten out of the vehicle so the vehicle systems are still awake but when unlocking the vehicles systems are asleep to minimize current draw. When the capacitive strip is activated, the sequencing of signal transmissions, verifications, modules waking up and actions occurring all have to take place. I believe this is were the occasional hiccup is
Just my experience and thoughts. However, if anyone with a FOB holster believes that the holster may be impeding the system please contact me.
Best regards

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Ohwillyb

I have had my Gibson Leatherworks, JL fob holster, since July. I always use it.
The fob holster has not impacted the reaction of proximity at all in regard to my JL.

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
I have your holsters on both my keys and have never had any problem with the proximity sensors. Door unlocks with first touch every time.

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Having trouble on the website ordering two different ones... It will add one to the cart, or the other, but not both. What am I doing wrong, or should I just make two orders?

Can't wait to get them. Tired of stabbing myself in the leg. :)

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Having trouble on the website ordering two different ones... It will add one to the cart, or the other, but not both. What am I doing wrong, or should I just make two orders?

Can't wait to get them. Tired of stabbing myself in the leg. :)
Figured it out. Two on order. Would like to order the holster for my XDM too.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Status
Not open for further replies.