Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Thanks for the fast reply. Thoughts -

1. Yeah, I'd prefer one without zippers since zippers tend to break a lot. I was thinking one with snaps vs a zipper would be better. Snaps should still be secure enough since any gaps in the edges should be small enough that a house key wouldn't fall out of it. Would that make it more likely to become a new additional product - no window but room for 1 house key or credit card, without a zipper?

2. Does the windowless version that you have now have room for a single house key or is it too tight?

3. Agreed about keyless entry vs proximity entry. Even the Jeep sales reps are confused. When I asked the Jeep sales guy for clarification when I placed my order, he said you don't need to press any buttons for keyless. He was wrong, so I had to re-order the entire vehicle and wait another 2.5 months. If they would clarify the difference, they'd also have a lot less pissed off customers - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/search/10446984/?q=proximity&o=date&c[title_only]=1 (evidence of the confusion and pissed off customers).
Hey Jeremy .. Thank you for the input
1 - I could potentially see an option with a credit card wallet attached in the future They are not that much difference in size .. something to consider down the road
2 - Really not any extra room as the leather is wet molded around the FOB. Even if you did manage to wedge in a key, you would need to remove the FOB to access it
Sponsored

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I did not think about an option without an attachment of any kind, but this would be definitely doable in the near future .. thanks for the insight
One more vote for one without a clip. I'll order one as soon as it's available. Hopefully it is a simple matter to leave it off!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
One more vote for one without a clip. I'll order one as soon as it's available. Hopefully it is a simple matter to leave it off!
Thanks Jim .. for those interested in a no clip version, would you be looking for for it with or without a button window

alex_a2012

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 E350 MB Coupe, 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I bought two! Thank you!

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks Jim .. for those interested in a no clip version, would you be looking for for it with or without a button window
I'd be interested in a no-clip version. Speaking for myself, I'd want to have the button window as I didn't choose the proximity option.

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Without window. I have proximity. (Would buttons still be pushable?) Black with red stitching

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'd be interested in a no-clip version. Speaking for myself, I'd want to have the button window as I didn't choose the proximity option.
You might very well want the window version even if you did have Proximity. I have Proximity, and I am getting the window.

I want to be able to.... easy access button to remote start, to trigger TazerJL light shows using button presses, to manually lock or unlock doors when I'm not right next to the JL and more...

You will have to take the fob out of a windowless fob to press buttons.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I'd prefer no window. You're going to have a lot of variations with all the options, colors, etc.!

It looks like a great product though and I appreciate your craftmanship and responsiveness to everyone here!

Penukoko

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Not sure if this has been asked but will it work the same for a fob that does not have remote start? Buttons are a little different.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Without window. I have proximity. (Would buttons still be pushable?) Black with red stitching
Hello Paul, the non window versions offer a high level of protection for the FOB. You would not be able to push the buttons thru the leather. This in turn prevents accidental activation of panic alarms etc

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Not sure if this has been asked but will it work the same for a fob that does not have remote start? Buttons are a little different.
Hello Mike
I stopped by the dealer to compare the keys. It looks like the fobs are the same size and the button area is the same, just a different configuration. So they should work fine

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I'd prefer no window. You're going to have a lot of variations with all the options, colors, etc.!

It looks like a great product though and I appreciate your craftmanship and responsiveness to everyone here!
Thank you Jim ... you're right and I probably offered too many variations to start with, but we are working through it. About 30 units shipped out yesterday and another 30 or so should ship out this weekend. However, I may be able to offer a clipless version in the next couple of days .. stay tuned

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I would want a black with window and blue stitching, no clip.
Hello Rick .. I may be able to offer a clipless version in a couple of days. I am also looking to add additional stitch colors in a few weeks if I can get ahead of current demand. I have sourced some bright green and some blue that I will evaluating .... stay tuned

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Hello Rick .. I may be able to offer a clipless version in a couple of days. I am also looking to add additional stitch colors in a few weeks if I can get ahead of current demand. I have sourced some bright green and some blue that I will evaluating .... stay tuned
Good luck getting ahead of current demand....!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.