Not open for further replies.

SOON

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 4XE
Very cool! The key fob is pretty damn big. But it can’t be as bad as the 04-07 Pontiac GTO keys were. At least the Jeep key folds into the fob. Lol!

D9A96B0F-B2B2-4194-BEB7-AD2C421BD58C.jpeg
Sponsored

ekimgnuj

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Cary & Carolina Beach NC; Boston; Port Jeff, NY
Vehicle(s)
'24 JLU Sahara, '18 JLU Sport
Clubs

Many of us have expressed concerns with the JL FOB, from the mechanical key opening up in pockets to panic alarms activating unintentionally. One of the things that I do is make gun holsters. Being a proud JLUR owner, I decided I needed a holster for the FOB
JL FOB with snap clip.jpg
. Attached is a sample of what I am planning on making. I will be making 4 styles; snap clip with and without a window and holster belt clip with and without a window. These will be available in black, brown or tan and I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. I am a grumpy old man (according to the wife) who will be making each one of these individually using 7-8oz. veg tanned leather from either Herman Oak or Wickett &Craig (both US tanners). They are not made on an Asian assembly line using urine tanned or "vegan" leather. If you have an interest in these or would like to provide feedback on the design you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will have them available on my web www.gibsonleatherworks.com as soon as I receive the holster clips that I will be using on those models.
I want one! Would be great without the clip, too, simply for appearance and preventing the mechanical key from opening up (which mine does every time I put it in my pocket, which of course is several times a day and as many times a day as I can find an excuse for taking out my Jeep!).

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Many of us have expressed concerns with the JL FOB, from the mechanical key opening up in pockets to panic alarms activating unintentionally. One of the things that I do is make gun holsters. Being a proud JLUR owner, I decided I needed a holster for the FOB
. Attached is a sample of what I am planning on making. I will be making 4 styles; snap clip with and without a window and holster belt clip with and without a window. These will be available in black, brown or tan and I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. I am a grumpy old man (according to the wife) who will be making each one of these individually using 7-8oz. veg tanned leather from either Herman Oak or Wickett &Craig (both US tanners). They are not made on an Asian assembly line using urine tanned or "vegan" leather. If you have an interest in these or would like to provide feedback on the design you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will have them available on my web www.gibsonleatherworks.com as soon as I receive the holster clips that I will be using on those models.
What an
Awesome! Got a sale here!!! I was thinking it would be great to have something like this since you don’t need it to drive. I’ll be on the look out for it...

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I'd love to see an Oxblood w/white stitching as an option.
Stay tuned I am hoping to have custom request available in the near future. Interest in these has been greater than I anticipated. Thank you for your suggestion

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Just ordered Bk/Red!
No Jeep yet, but just adding to the collection...
The wait is an exercise in endurance .. but I love my JLUR ...

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
What is the belt clip? These look like very high quality pieces.
I am hoping to have a belt clip version pic posted by this weekend, thank you for you interest .. stay tuned

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
What an

Awesome! Got a sale here!!! I was thinking it would be great to have something like this since you don’t need it to drive. I’ll be on the look out for it...
Thank you for your interest, These are available to order now from my website www.gibsonleatherworks.com Select the "Shop" tab at the top of the page and you can select from what I am currently offering. Interest has been higher than I ever anticipated, which is something to be Thankful for but stressful as I want to exceed everyones expectations. My current lead time is roughly 2 week maybe a little more depending upon my replenishment of leather and supplies. I am only going to be able to hold this price point for a little while as veg tanned leather prices have been steadily increasing . In the mean time, I hope your enjoying your new JL

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Very cool! The key fob is pretty damn big. But it can’t be as bad as the 04-07 Pontiac GTO keys were. At least the Jeep key folds into the fob. Lol!

D9A96B0F-B2B2-4194-BEB7-AD2C421BD58C.jpeg
Well, I might be able to make you a modified knife sheath for that thing

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Hello everyone. Response to these holsters has been overwhelming. I truly appreciate your interest in these.
I have been asked by some of you how I make them. So I thought I would post a little about the hand crafted process here.
These are made in stages. The first stage is cutting, cleaning, conditioning and dying the leather. The process I use for dying is called submersion dying. This insures that the dye penetrates the leather and that it is not "surface" dyed like many other leather products. Once this stage is done, the leather needs to set overnight to insure the dye is dried/cured.
Next stage is buffing the leather, initial edge work, assembly (for snap clip holsters this includes hand setting of a copper or nickle plated copper rivet) and wet molding of the leather (this is a current hiccup in the road as it requires using a JL key fob, I am looking at having mold FOBs made) and the leather again needs to set overnight to dry.
Third stage is buffing the leather again, finish edge work and sealing the leather with Resolene.
I only use the best leather that I can get. Which from my experience is from either Hermann Oak or Wickett&Craig. Inferior leather only leads to an inferior product.
My holster business is a side business for me as I work a regular job as well. So I have been putting in 12-16 hour days as I want to try to get these out to customers in a timely manner. The first batch of orders will be starting to ship out tomorrow. Right now the current lead time will be approx. 2-3 weeks. However I am hoping to cut this down once additional supplies arrive... maybe burn a couple of company vacation days to expedite things a little
Reluctantly I have had to end the introductory price of $35 to $40 as a slight increase in leather costs and my own underestimation of shipping costs necessitates it. I tried to keep the increase as slight as possible and I hope all new customers understand.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at ( [email protected] )
Orders can be place directly from my website at www.gibsonleatherworks.com Select the "Shop" tab at the top and you will see all available selections.
Thank you

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Hello everyone. Response to these holsters has been overwhelming. I truly appreciate your interest in these.
I have been asked by some of you how I make them. So I thought I would post a little about the hand crafted process here.
These are made in stages. The first stage is cutting, cleaning, conditioning and dying the leather. The process I use for dying is called submersion dying. This insures that the dye penetrates the leather and that it is not "surface" dyed like many other leather products. Once this stage is done, the leather needs to set overnight to insure the dye is dried/cured.
Next stage is buffing the leather, initial edge work, assembly (for snap clip holsters this includes hand setting of a copper or nickle plated copper rivet) and wet molding of the leather (this is a current hiccup in the road as it requires using a JL key fob, I am looking at having mold FOBs made) and the leather again needs to set overnight to dry.
Third stage is buffing the leather again, finish edge work and sealing the leather with Resolene.
I only use the best leather that I can get. Which from my experience is from either Hermann Oak or Wickett&Craig. Inferior leather only leads to an inferior product.
My holster business is a side business for me as I work a regular job as well. So I have been putting in 12-16 hour days as I want to try to get these out to customers in a timely manner. The first batch of orders will be starting to ship out tomorrow. Right now the current lead time will be approx. 2-3 weeks. However I am hoping to cut this down once additional supplies arrive... maybe burn a couple of company vacation days to expedite things a little
Reluctantly I have had to end the introductory price of $35 to $40 as a slight increase in leather costs and my own underestimation of shipping costs necessitates it. I tried to keep the increase as slight as possible and I hope all new customers understand.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at ( [email protected] )
Orders can be place directly from my website at www.gibsonleatherworks.com Select the "Shop" tab at the top and you will see all available selections.
Thank you
Thanks for the details - makes it seem like a real steal at the current price - real craftsmanship

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered two. I appreciate the effort in making a sexy, custom accessory for my baby.

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Mark maybe someone on the forum could 3D print you a key fob. There's got to be someone on here that is playing around with 3D printing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.