RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Many of us have expressed concerns with the JL FOB, from the mechanical key opening up in pockets to panic alarms activating unintentionally. One of the things that I do is make gun holsters. Being a proud JLUR owner, I decided I needed a holster for the FOB
JL FOB with snap clip.jpg
. Attached is a sample of what I am planning on making. I will be making 4 styles; snap clip with and without a window and holster belt clip with and without a window. These will be available in black, brown or tan and I should be able to make them for $35 each including shipping. I am a grumpy old man (according to the wife) who will be making each one of these individually using 7-8oz. veg tanned leather from either Herman Oak or Wickett &Craig (both US tanners). They are not made on an Asian assembly line using urine tanned or "vegan" leather. If you have an interest in these or would like to provide feedback on the design you can email me at [email protected], my personal email at [email protected] or I will have them available on my web www.gibsonleatherworks.com as soon as I receive the holster clips that I will be using on those models.

(pure satire)

Mark 'ole boy.

They say that competition is part of the American way. Accordingly, while this may not be good news for you, it is for the marketplace.

Innovation of course is at the cornerstone of free markets: where better product is delivered at lower cost society benefits.

Your holsters are pretty snazzy all right, but my innovation prevents the dang key from popping open in my pocket. The only time I even use this key is to open my MOPAR key matching locking gas cap.

So read 'em and weap. You had a good run.

IMG_2507.JPG
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
(pure satire)

Mark 'ole boy.

They say that competition is part of the American way. Accordingly, while this may not be good news for you, it is for the marketplace.

Innovation of course is at the cornerstone of free markets: where better product is delivered at lower cost society benefits.

Your holsters are pretty snazzy all right, but my innovation prevents the dang key from popping open in my pocket. The only time I even use this key is to open my MOPAR key matching locking gas cap.

IMG_2507.JPG
I think mine might have been the original solution, but has been replaced by holsters now!
E98F8C2E-A07E-4797-9DFA-0444E5BE50E1.jpeg

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could have at least used red duct tape to make it fancy. Slacker.
Lol. When that was taken, I’d just bought a new Jeep. Just used what I had handy. Besides “real” duct tape is gray. Everybody knows that.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
You could have at least used red duct tape to make it fancy. Slacker.
Totally, and does yours have my "Shape retention" (TM) mechanism when you need the key to open your locking MOPAR gas cap and then return it to its FOB position! (Shape retention: a rubber band's ability to return to its original shape);)

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Totally, and does yours have my "Shape retention" (TM) mechanism when you need the key to open your locking MOPAR gas cap and then return it to its FOB position! (Shape retention: a rubber band's ability to return to its original shape);)
Have you considered upgrading to a red shape retention device?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I show y’all my earliest prototype, and even identify it as the original, and y’all give me grief.:facepalm:
Guess y’all would have wanted Edison to make three way bulbs first too!

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I show y’all my earliest prototype, and even identify it as the original, and y’all give me grief.:facepalm:
Guess y’all would have wanted Edison to make three way bulbs first too!
Nope, dimmable LEDs

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Have you considered upgrading to a red shape retention device?
;)The US Patent Office, where my application is pending, said that color is such a generically accessible feature in the marketplace that it would need to be out of scope for the application.

But I do like your business acumen!

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
(pure satire)

Mark 'ole boy.

IMG_2507.JPG
Genius minimalist design with functionality.:rock:... I tip my hat to you sir .... The only issue that I can potentially see is (if your luck is anything like mine) rubbers tend to break at the most inopportune times.:surprised:

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genius minimalist design with functionality.:rock:... I tip my hat to you sir .... The only issue that I can potentially see is (if your luck is anything like mine) rubbers tend to break at the most inopportune times.:surprised:
I literally laughed out loud

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Which would what...lead to little unexpected and accidental JL Wranglers running around the place?

I should be so lucky.;)

It takes a million to raise a kid, but only $50K to buy a JL!

Mark, seriously: I'm glad you were such a good sport. Your craftmanship is as awesome as my rubber band is crap: therein the comedy lies.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Hey Mark,
Any update on Mojito stiching? Were you happy with the green you got, or should Gamora and I go with red stiching?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Status
Not open for further replies.