JL Factory LEDs and Snow

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
I live in Northern Colorado and all my vehicles have LEDs F150, Subaru and my Rubicon. When we get a good snow the Jeep is very hard to see the road when its snowing with the factory LEDs. It looks like I am on the Starship Enterprise going into hyper space the glare is so bad. My JKU with regular hard to see headlines is easy to see during a storm. Do any of you have any idea or do you have the same findings? The LEDs do not get hot enough to keeps the ice off so I have to stop every now and then to rub the ice off the lights. Thinking of putting an old school set of halogen fogs on it for snow driving.
Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Yeah… this is a thing that comes up every year with the LED’s once the weather starts turning… Some people have an issue with it and some don’t. I personally live in New England and have never had the problem, to each their own. I know I still prefer the LED’s to the halogens. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah… this is a thing that comes up every year with the LED’s once the weather starts turning… Some people have an issue with it and some don’t. I personally live in New England and have never had the problem, to each their own. I know I still prefer the LED’s to the halogens. 🤷‍♂️
Oh yea the LEDs are great for sure, I live in the boondocks so no street lights anywhere so the LEDs are perfect. I dont have the snow-blind issue if I am in town or in an area with lighting but most of my driving is in the dark mountains.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon

Sponsored

OP
OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
do you know if these fit factory JL fogs? If so I am going to give them a shot.
Yeah they do. I’ve not purchased them yet, but I will. Others on the forum have started using them to snap on the factory fogs.

OP
OP
flharleycop

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah they do. I’ve not purchased them yet, but I will. Others on the forum have started using them to snap on the factory fogs.
Thanks I am ordering now I see you are in Co as well, but the big city… lol

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I heard about this issue early on.

Installed a set of Lightforce RMDL 170 in halogen with orange filters. Also have blue filters which are said to be best for snow and ice.

I've been a Lightforce fan for 20+ years.

20200607_170032.jpg

Sponsored

Marco corsa

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon ‘22 4xe
I live in Northern Colorado and all my vehicles have LEDs F150, Subaru and my Rubicon. When we get a good snow the Jeep is very hard to see the road when its snowing with the factory LEDs. It looks like I am on the Starship Enterprise going into hyper space the glare is so bad. My JKU with regular hard to see headlines is easy to see during a storm. Do any of you have any idea or do you have the same findings? The LEDs do not get hot enough to keeps the ice off so I have to stop every now and then to rub the ice off the lights. Thinking of putting an old school set of halogen fogs on it for snow driving.
Yes same problem, but will make the assessment as we get more into the season and I go up to Tahoe more often. Perhaps amber covers might help.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I believe Oracle has LED headlights that have a heating element imbedded into the lenses for this scenario.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

NickJar

Threads