Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
So I started loading out for a wheeling trip next weekend. I just posted this video on my channel and intentionally left one big thing off to see who can catch it. Also see if you can count the number of knives there are in the video:

Sponsored

JeepSerenity

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I think you forgot toilet paper :cwl:
But on a more serious side note, make sure you keep track of your serial numbers for your firearms if you leave them in a vehicle. I happen to work in law enforcement and I would honestly guess 80% or more victims of theft do not know their serial number which means in the unlikely event someone screws you, there is 0% chance of you getting your firearm back. Also the overwhelming majority of vehicle burglaries occur because the vehicle is unlocked/unsecure.
Other than that I love your YouTube channel and keep the great content coming.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Good video!

This is more “work smarter, not harder” tips instead of what to bring, but ALWAYS keep the winch controller in the Jeep. I’ve seen it more than once where someone is on the trail and needs to winch and realize the controller was left at home. Doh!

And in regard to winches, if you are going on an obstacle where you could possibly need to use the winch, go ahead and have the controller ready BEFORE you get stuck. You don’t want to climb out of the Jeep when you’re stuck in 3’ of mud or try to open the swing gate when the spare tire is pinned against a rock. Heck go ahead and hook the controller up and have it ready so that all you (or a friend) have to do is pull the cable.

Spare parts are also very important if you are getting remote and doing hardcore wheeling. U-joints, axle shafts, etc.. if you’ve got like-vehicles in your group with interchangeable parts you can share the load.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think you forgot toilet paper :cwl:
But on a more serious side note, make sure you keep track of your serial numbers for your firearms if you leave them in a vehicle. I happen to work in law enforcement and I would honestly guess 80% or more victims of theft do not know their serial number which means in the unlikely event someone screws you, there is 0% chance of you getting your firearm back. Also the overwhelming majority of vehicle burglaries occur because the vehicle is unlocked/unsecure.
Other than that I love your YouTube channel and keep the great content coming.
Appreciate the advice. Actually TP was in the bag with the first aid kit inside a baggie.

I do have my serial numbers logged and keep my vehicle locked, the console locked, and garaged at night. Most of the time (where legal) that particular firearm is on my person if away from home.

I appreciate you watching and I’ll do my best to keep the content going. I have a trip coming up soon so there will be some off-road stuff next week sometime.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good video!

This is more “work smarter, not harder” tips instead of what to bring, but ALWAYS keep the winch controller in the Jeep. I’ve seen it more than once where someone is on the trail and needs to winch and realize the controller was left at home. Doh!

And in regard to winches, if you are going on an obstacle where you could possibly need to use the winch, go ahead and have the controller ready BEFORE you get stuck. You don’t want to climb out of the Jeep when you’re stuck in 3’ of mud or try to open the swing gate when the spare tire is pinned against a rock. Heck go ahead and hook the controller up and have it ready so that all you (or a friend) have to do is pull the cable.

Spare parts are also very important if you are getting remote and doing hardcore wheeling. U-joints, axle shafts, etc.. if you’ve got like-vehicles in your group with interchangeable parts you can share the load.
Thanks Will, appreciate it. Great points on the winch too. I have had to fumble around off camber in the mud before and have learned my lesson. I should have opened the glove box and pulled the winch controller and my extra 9 mm ammo out!

I hope I don’t start doing that much where I need to start bringing axle shafts, but that’s a great idea. Not too many JL’s in the trails yet in KS and MO, but starting to see more in CO for sure.

Really appreciate the feedback!
Sponsored