First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I recently went wheeling with some people and one guy had a YJ and was just being loud in general. His kid looked at my Jeep and said "JKU?" (he was young) and I said "JL non-U" and the guy went "oH i dRivE a jL" all Spongebob meme at me. I know he was joking, but within 5 minutes of meeting this guy he said that and said that he saw a guy driving a JKU Sahara and told him it was a girls Jeep. I will never understand people who can't just be content that other people have differing interests and opinions.
Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I totally feel this, when me and my cousin are the only jeeps who drove to the off roading park, every single vehicle there was brought in on a trailer. They have no doors no tops and are full of mud etc, the look they give when they pass two Rubi JLu's is pretty funny. Then again some of the old timers love it and embrace us, pretty small on the acceptance end vs. the haters. When we got one stuck in the mud hole, all the older jeeps just watched as I winched him out, no help at all.

IMG_5056.jpg

73CJto19JL

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubi, 2015 GMC Sierra, 1964 Chevy Chevelle Malibu SS Convertible
Occupation
Electrical/ Controls Engineer
I totally feel this, when me and my cousin are the only jeeps who drove to the off roading park, every single vehicle there was brought in on a trailer. They have no doors no tops and are full of mud etc, the look they give when they pass two Rubi JLu's is pretty funny. Then again some of the old timers love it and embrace us, pretty small on the acceptance end vs. the haters. When we got one stuck in the mud hole, all the older jeeps just watched as I winched him out, no help at all.

IMG_5056.jpg
Nice shot!

TreyD

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ive wheeled a number of newer vehicles (2014 tacoma, 2013 FJ, 2016 4runner, two 2006 TJ’s, 1 2001 TJ, and now a 2018 JLUR). They way a lot of people at the offroad parks and in the offroad clubs I’ve been around look at you and talk much different in anything newer. The one good thing I’ve found driving my newer trucks is it helps separate the decent people that are just there to wheel and have fun from the assholes real quick lol I love seeing all different types of builds old and new, drive what fits your lifestyle and if people hate I just don’t hang out with them.

Sponsored

MMBCPA

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2020 JLR on order
The wife an I aren’t really group people, to be honest we’re not political, we’d rather talk about lifts, springs, shocks, engines, and such out on the trail. And yeah, the wife holds her own in those conversations. Lol.

We have a couple friends we wheel with, and sometimes we just like getting out there ourselves. We almost always come across people wheeling anyway.

I’ve looked into some local groups and even met up with some. Although they seem to welcome you to their little group, you can tell your not really being accepted. Not everyone, but mostly jk and tj people, don’t get me wrong I like all Jeeps new and old, but it’s almost like they resent you for having something different. Not a big deal for us, I just found it interesting.

This isn’t a “ built not bought ” kind of thing, as most of them are in newer rigs.
I was curious how is it where you live, any similar experiences? Sorry if this is a thread already, I kinda browsed and didn’t see anything, but then I can barely do this forum thing as it is..lol ......:jk:....:)
Sounds like my town, still waiting on my JL to get here, but my JK was treated with a less than a freindly attitude when I posted pictures of it in their facebook group. This town is a total Jeep town, and the Area Jeepers are a very elite group so it seems. They love to call anyone outside of the group Mall Crawlers. It's annoying. We all wave at each other, but other than that, I don't feel like even trying with them...

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ive wheeled a number of newer vehicles (2014 tacoma, 2013 FJ, 2016 4runner, two 2006 TJ’s, 1 2001 TJ, and now a 2018 JLUR). They way a lot of people at the offroad parks and in the offroad clubs I’ve been around look at you and talk much different in anything newer. The one good thing I’ve found driving my newer trucks is it helps separate the decent people that are just there to wheel and have fun from the assholes real quick lol I love seeing all different types of builds old and new, drive what fits your lifestyle and if people hate I just don’t hang out with them.
yeah... it seems there’s always some good people in those groups, sometimes they’re hard to find right away.....:)

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like my town, still waiting on my JL to get here, but my JK was treated with a less than a freindly additude when I posted pictures of it in their facebook group. This town is a total Jeep town, and the Area Jeepers are a very elite group so it seems. They love to call anyone outside of the group Mall Crawlers. It's annoying. We all wave at each other, but other than that, I don't feel like even trying with them...

That’s crazy... it’s like high school all over again, lol.... doesn’t sound like they’re worth your time...one good thing about jeepin you’ll eventually find some people worth hanging with,it just might take a minute....:)

MMBCPA

First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2020 JLR on order
That’s crazy... it’s like high school all over again, lol.... doesn’t sound like they’re worth your time...one good thing about jeepin you’ll eventually find some people worth hanging with,it just might take a minute....:)
Exactly like high school. ;) lol But you're right, it might take a little while...not everyone is like that.

Sponsored

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I had JL envy when they came out.....then I went and bought one......

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I was impartial. Having never owned a jeep before and only driven TJs i test drove brand new JKU and JLU and it was hands down JLu; even though i had gone to the dealer to buy a JKU lol. I ponied up the extra $$. It was that much better.

True story. Sincerely

9E71869F-55DC-4011-BDA8-99CFA59E8A7A.jpeg

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Man they dirty up the yj community acting like that I like all jeeps with solid axles :like: sorry patriot owners :giggle:

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
Not really a group/"tribe" kind of person either... I like what I like, but I can appreciate other things. Don't need to be in a self-impressed echo chamber all the time. (Usually dislike most vehicle-specific boards for this reason as well... this one is better than most I've experienced.)

Happy to have found a general "off road" group in my area... not brand specific... wild mix from Lexus LX's, Land Rovers, beater Cherokees, 4-Runners, big pickups, small Samurais, Subarus, even a Unimog and a Pinzgauer. Some really built, some mostly stock. Everyone just likes getting out there, and it's fun being able to see and appreciate a range of machines. I especially love the general lack of "That'll never make it" commentary prevalent among the die-hard brand-specific modders trying to justify their purchases.
Sponsored

Last edited: