JL envy or set in their ways

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Coming from a really capable trail rig (YJ) and a hardcore trail rig (yj) to a JLUR, I totally get the attitude towards the new ones. All these people in their young 20’s rolling around with a lifted JK looking down upon JL’s because the JK is a real Jeep. Kids.... listen up, your JKU was the original abomination to the Jeep platform. Four doors, slanted and curved windshield, V6, dare I say it was crazy wide. That’s really the only other platform that I’ve noticed which gives the JL any grief. Get over yourselves. The yj and tj guys always come looking at my JL. I can share my battle stories Of the YJ consisting of 4am runs to the trail head in the sierras with no windows, no cup holders for my grande cold brew, no heated seats, and oh my god how did I survive without the heated steering wheel. We enjoy each other’s company in passing, we laugh, we are real jeepers.

The mature jeeper doesn’t care what you drive. Find a new group of people that are worth spending your time with.
This.

@Roky FWIW, I run a group with members in all 50 states. It's low key and nobody gives two shits what you drive. Link is below if you want to meet some new folks or hit one of our events.
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It could be a jeep thing or it could be they just aren't your type of people thing.

I remember I was dead set on ordering a JK as soon as they came out. I went and saw the first one in my area. It had plastic fenders, a plastic grill, the doors flexed when I poked them with my finger. I said this thing is a piece of junk and bought a Chevy Silverado instead. Fast forward, I ended up owning 4 JKs. Plastic parts were easily removable and upgradeable. Loved the JK.

Also if you don't feel welcomed, it is a possibility they aren't your type of people. Everyone has experienced this. Find a more fun loving group.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I love all Jeeps. But that being said, my old TJ forum had really snubbed me because I traded in my TJ for the JL. It seems that all they want to do is make fun of other people's build, the angry eyes/grills, lights, etc. I say it's yours so be happy. I also hate the "soccer mom" comments:angry: I mean, just be happy that Jeep has attracted new blood. Look at all our wonderful upgrades:rock: Jeeps are so sexy that even @Roky cat loves the family Jeep:like:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This may sound harsh, but the problem may be you.
A lack of self confidence, or just an introverted personality.
If you don't "feel" accepted, maybe those feelings are just yours.
You obviously haven't seen the posts and pics from @Roky he's obviously the real deal and he's too ugly to be concerned about his image. lol.

Now myself on the other-hand, haven't been off-road, don't plan on going off-road and only bought the wrangler because i have a small penis. I crawl at the malls or not at all.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I get the same look from Toyota Prius owners in my neighborhood.

Pretty sure they were the ones who also keyed my Jeep the other day.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You obviously haven't seen the posts and pics from @Roky he's obviously the real deal and he's too ugly to be concerned about his image. lol.

Now myself on the other-hand, haven't been off-road, don't plan on going off-road and only bought the wrangler because i have a small penis. I crawl at the malls or not at all.
:CWL:.....:like:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Jeeps dont actually increase the size of the owners penis. Thats false advertising. I have proof of it myself if anyone wants to check.

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I get the same look from Toyota Prius owners in my neighborhood.

Pretty sure they were the ones who also keyed my Jeep the other day.
So I don't understand. They are mad because you are using more gas? Eventually we are going to run out of fossil fuels and everyone will have to go electric. Driving a gas guzzler is just accelerating the process, they should thank you.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
So I don't understand. They are mad because you are using more gas? Eventually we are going to run out of fossil fuels and everyone will have to go electric. Driving a gas guzzler is just accelerating the process, they should thank you.
Actually, when we run out of fossil fuels it won't matter, since most electricity is created from fossil fuels. ;)

driving-diesel-car-i-feel-so-dirty-driving-electric-car-i-feel-so-clean-comparison.jpg

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Actually, when we run out of fossil fuels it won't matter, since most electricity is created from fossil fuels. ;)

driving-diesel-car-i-feel-so-dirty-driving-electric-car-i-feel-so-clean-comparison.jpg
Yea, many don't venture that far down the thought process though.

I live in the "hippie" part of town.. to them, I probably look like a tree cutting, deer killing, baby eating evildoer.

I swear I had the craziest encounter the other day.. So I went to grab some groceries at Safeway, like 9pm at night, pulled up to a near empty parking lot. I parked FAR back because I didn't want to draw attention. You know, since I drive a Punk'n Jeep. I came back half an hour later to a red Nissan Leaf parked on the line right NEXT by my driver's side..

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It's a Human Thing, a tribal imperative rooted deep in the primate hindbrain. Anything "different" from the accepted tribal norm, treat it with suspicion and mistrust. Whether better or not, makes no difference (although the "better" might garner even more resentment, because cherished beliefs are blown all to hell)
This attitude applies to everything, not just which generation of Jeep...
Sponsored