Sponsored

JL electrical issues

COAKrubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My 2018 JL Rubicon has been in the shop a couple of times for electrical issues. It has only 20,000 miles on it. Most recently the battery light came on and the battery does not charge. It has been in the shop for 10 days now while Jeep and ‘Star’ try and figure out the problem. At first it was thought the fuse panel was bad. That did not fix the problem. It is now believed that the battery pack has failed. The wire from the battery pack to the fuse assembly has been fried. It actually burned up due to over amping. At every step of the way the dealer must contact STAR to diagnose and get authorization to fix the unit. The major problem is that STAR is totally unresponsive. They take days to answer the tech’s questions at the dealer. At this point I am still waiting on an approved fix and actually have no date of even when they can order the parts to execute a repair. This is crazy frustrating. I have never had any car at the dealer for 10 days and counting with no clear path forward. I was told if this was not a hybrid the fix would be straight forward. Essentially they are telling me not to purchase there new electric hybrids until they figure out the issues. I have also had the tail light issues with the unit and already replaced the under hood battery once.
Sponsored

Last edited: