First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I got my DJI Mavic Mini less than 2 weeks ago, still learning to fly it and take videos/photos. I took a simple circle QuickShot I took at the park. I can post images, but how do I upload a video into my post?

EDIT: Here's still from a shot last Sunday of me and my nephew wheeling at SWR offroad.

DJI_0004_Moment.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I got my DJI Mavic Mini less than 2 weeks ago, still learning to fly it and take videos/photos. I took a simple circle QuickShot I took at the park. I can post images, but how do I upload a video into my post?

EDIT: Here's still from a shot last Sunday of me and my nephew wheeling at SWR offroad.

DJI_0004_Moment.jpg
Don't you love that Mini? My brother flew mine and then went out and bought one at Best Buy. I went to his place this evening and watched him almost lose it! He set the altitude to unlimited and went up to at least 500 meters then got a low battery warning. He couldn't get it to come down, so I had to take it from him and try everything I could think of. I'm not sure what I did, but I got control back and got it back to home then descended and landed with about 3% of the battery left. Yikes. I set the limits back to 120 meters max altitude and 500 meters distance and told him to leave the altitude alone permanently and adjust the distance only when experienced, LOL!

What I've done with the videos is put them on Youtube then link them. So far i've left them unpublished but viewable to those with whom I share them.

When I get something good, I'll post it up. He got some good air to air shots of my Mini today, so I'll try to get one of those from him and post it up.

I'm just super impressed with the stability and ease of flight of the mini compared to my Spark, which actually wasn't bad. The Mini is pretty close to my daugther's Mavic Pro.

That's a great shot, CT! IF I ever get down to your part of Texas with my JL to visit my brother in law, I'd love to wheel with you!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Don't you love that Mini? My brother flew mine and then went out and bought one at Best Buy. I went to his place this evening and watched him almost lose it! He set the altitude to unlimited and went up to at least 500 meters then got a low battery warning. He couldn't get it to come down, so I had to take it from him and try everything I could think of. I'm not sure what I did, but I got control back and got it back to home then descended and landed with about 3% of the battery left. Yikes. I set the limits back to 120 meters max altitude and 500 meters distance and told him to leave the altitude alone permanently and adjust the distance only when experienced, LOL!

What I've done with the videos is put them on Youtube then link them. So far i've left them unpublished but viewable to those with whom I share them.

When I get something good, I'll post it up. He got some good air to air shots of my Mini today, so I'll try to get one of those from him and post it up.

I'm just super impressed with the stability and ease of flight of the mini compared to my Spark, which actually wasn't bad. The Mini is pretty close to my daugther's Mavic Pro.

That's a great shot, CT! IF I ever get down to your part of Texas with my JL to visit my brother in law, I'd love to wheel with you!
Come on down. I’m new at flying, so the highest I’ve taken it is 140 meters. I can’t imagine going any higher without the wind taking it away. The thing is feather light and I get wind warnings at 40 meters on a clam day. I took it out to a local park and did a fly around video. I tried to get it to do the “follow me” hack but it didn’t work right and I walked out of the frame.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have 2 to share.

First a 30 second run with the Mavic Air 2:

And a little get together last weekend:

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
While this is not Jeep video, I think this is one of my better drone videos. A morning shot from the driveway.

Then a close fly by my Jeeps in the drive flexing on my rocks..

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Come on down. I’m new at flying, so the highest I’ve taken it is 140 meters. I can’t imagine going any higher without the wind taking it away. The thing is feather light and I get wind warnings at 40 meters on a clam day. I took it out to a local park and did a fly around video. I tried to get it to do the “follow me” hack but it didn’t work right and I walked out of the frame.
I was shocked at how high he had it. I couldn't even see it until it got down to about 50 meters or less. I heard it long before I saw it, Lol! He's really lucky it wasn't lost or crashed. He did wisely take my advice and buy the DJI Refresh before he flew, though. Knowing him, I figured he might really need it.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Out on a bridge I build between two of my fields.
UPAIR_PHOTO_0022.jpg
Eh, a bridge bewteen two of your fields - your property sounds bigger than the little village I live in :giggle:

Cool picture btw :like:

DesertDuck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2̶0̶1̶8̶ ̶J̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶W̶r̶a̶n̶g̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶U̶n̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶R̶u̶b̶i̶c̶o̶n̶ 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Took the Jeep out for a drive along the Arizona/Utah border.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Drone Photos/Videos PSX_20200607_152043

jconli1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Emergency Comms, Music
Vehicle Showcase
A few favorites from last year when the Jeep was still new, lots more plans for this year now that the snow is disappearing and I've got better suspension and tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Drone Photos/Videos DJI_0019-3

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Drone Photos/Videos DJI_0003-2

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Drone Photos/Videos DJI_0020-2b

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
A few favorites from last year when the Jeep was still new, lots more plans for this year now that the snow is disappearing and I've got better suspension and tires.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Drone Photos/Videos DJI_0020-2b
This is a great pic, and I saw this a few months ago and set it as my desk top for a while to give me inspiration and motivation to get back to the mountains. Just though you should know that you inspire me to Jeep travel. Thank you. The other shots were good to, just this one spoke to my soul.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have the DJI mavi mini. I will be upgrading to the mavi pro, but I still like the mini for its size and capabilities.
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Drone Photos/Videos 2020_RMC_Drone-0158
I have the Mavic Air 2 and it is has been working well so far. Might put that on your consideration to purchase list.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Couple Drone videos. They are at sunset on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

This is a fly by of the top of a dune where everyone parks to watch the sunset.

Overview to the sunset

Flying into the sunset

A circle of our view on top of the Sunset Dune

Matt_35

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Couple Drone videos. They are at sunset on the Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

This is a fly by of the top of a dune where everyone parks to watch the sunset.

Overview to the sunset

Flying into the sunset

A circle of our view on top of the Sunset Dune
Loved the overview to the sunset.

Is that from Mavic as well?
Sponsored