JL Door Weight

DanFelix

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I was casually asked about the weight of a front door on my Sport S. The manual only indicates that they are heavy. Heavy is different for different people. I have never removed the doors and was curious if anyone had a feel for the weight of the doors. Thanks.
Advertisement

NewJLU2019

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Now
Vehicle Showcase
I was casually asked about the weight of a front door on my Sport S. The manual only indicates that they are heavy. Heavy is different for different people. I have never removed the doors and was curious if anyone had a feel for the weight of the doors. Thanks.
They are not that heavy. One person has no issue removing them. Front doors of course little more weight.

May I suggest you purchase Door Pins for they make it so much easier to remove and put doors back on without chipping the paint on your hinges. I leave mine on all the time.

I use set for half-doors too.

https://www.amazon.com/Hinge-Guides...875239&sprefix=Jeep+door+pins+,aps,186&sr=8-4

1620055211662.png

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
They're light. If I had to guess I'd say 25 lbs.

OP
OP
DanFelix

DanFelix

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Thanks for the helpful reply. Will look into the door pins.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I guess the gravitational field is a little different in my part of the world. I just took a bathroom scale and weighed the driver's side door of my 2020 Sahara with proximity door locks, power windows, those hinge pin caps, and a couple of Taco Bell Fire sauce packets in the net pocket. It weighs 50 lbs.

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement