Sponsored

JL Door Weight

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I was casually asked about the weight of a front door on my Sport S. The manual only indicates that they are heavy. Heavy is different for different people. I have never removed the doors and was curious if anyone had a feel for the weight of the doors. Thanks.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was casually asked about the weight of a front door on my Sport S. The manual only indicates that they are heavy. Heavy is different for different people. I have never removed the doors and was curious if anyone had a feel for the weight of the doors. Thanks.
They are not that heavy. One person has no issue removing them. Front doors of course little more weight.

May I suggest you purchase Door Pins for they make it so much easier to remove and put doors back on without chipping the paint on your hinges. I leave mine on all the time.

I use set for half-doors too.

https://www.amazon.com/Hinge-Guides...875239&sprefix=Jeep+door+pins+,aps,186&sr=8-4

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Door Weight 1620055211662

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
They're light. If I had to guess I'd say 25 lbs.

OP
OP
DanFelix

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Thanks for the helpful reply. Will look into the door pins.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I guess the gravitational field is a little different in my part of the world. I just took a bathroom scale and weighed the driver's side door of my 2020 Sahara with proximity door locks, power windows, those hinge pin caps, and a couple of Taco Bell Fire sauce packets in the net pocket. It weighs 50 lbs.

Sponsored

Lizzie14

First Name
Lizzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited sport altitude 4x4
They are not that heavy. One person has no issue removing them. Front doors of course little more weight.

May I suggest you purchase Door Pins for they make it so much easier to remove and put doors back on without chipping the paint on your hinges. I leave mine on all the time.

I use set for half-doors too.

https://www.amazon.com/Hinge-Guides...875239&sprefix=Jeep+door+pins+,aps,186&sr=8-4

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Door Weight 1620055211662
may I ask why do the pins make it easier and does that mean someone could live your doors right off? thank you!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
may I ask why do the pins make it easier and does that mean someone could live your doors right off? thank you!
They make it easier and safer to pull doors on and off. Without them you can chip the paint because of the ends are kind of sharp and have an edge to them.

Your doors are locked so no one will remove them. If anyone wanted the doors it only takes 2 mins with rachet to remove bolts if they were to unlock your doors.

Never heard anyone saying doors had been stolen.

When you remove your door, you will see how sharp they are without bolt on. The pins guide right into hole so no risk of chipping paint on your hinges.

Congrats on your Jeep. :like: Lot of info on forum you can find.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
The JK doors seem so much heavier in my memory now that the JL uses aluminum door panels. When I picked up my half doors the first time it was too easy. The rears felt like they weighed maybe 15 pounds

Lizzie14

First Name
Lizzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited sport altitude 4x4
They make it easier and safer to pull doors on and off. Without them you can chip the paint because of the ends are kind of sharp and have an edge to them.

Your doors are locked so no one will remove them. If anyone wanted the doors it only takes 2 mins with rachet to remove bolts if they were to unlock your doors.

When you remove your door, you will see how sharp they are without bolt on. The pins guide right into hole so no risk of chipping paint on your hinges.

Thank you! It should arrive in March! can't wait!

DJP1812

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Jeep Wagoneer, '22 JLUR 4xE

Was just looking at these as I took doors off first time this weekend. A couple questions if you don't mind:

- Do you then just leave the bolts off all the time that secure the doors on? Keep them in the back in the trey?

- There's so many versions on Amazon - do you recommend the ones you have?

Thanks!

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Was just looking at these as I took doors off first time this weekend. A couple questions if you don't mind:

- Do you then just leave the bolts off all the time that secure the doors on? Keep them in the back in the trey?

Thanks!
Yes, would recommend these. I have 2 sets. I just leave on all the time for both sets of doors. The only way door will fall off is if Jeep is upside down. They make it much easier removing full doors and back on. If you have had doors off the screws are very sharp and will chip your paint easy.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
I just had to put my doors on because its been July heat last 2 weeks of May. Top is still off.

Pin's in place now on doors.

20220531_141609.jpg

20220531_141624.jpg

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
From trailing post: The doors on my 2 door JK weighed 60 lbs (manual windows/locks), the doors on my 2 door JLR weigh 48 lbs (power windows/locks).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jlu-aluminum-door-weight-compared-to-jku.19499/

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase