Sponsored

JL Door Check Jammed

Katelyn47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2020
Hey y'all first time posting a question and first-time Jeep owner. There was one blissful 60-degree day last week so obviously, I had to take the doors off but the front passenger side door check got jammed in the door and I haven't managed to get it out yet. I've heard you just need to give it a good tug to get it out but my question is should I just leave it in? Will leaving it jammed in the door mess anything up and if not should I just make all the doors like that so the doors are easier to remove? Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Door Check Jammed 1610335930208
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
You can do the same thing with a long handled screw driver. But if you want a specific gadget for it no problem. I just leave my Door Checks extended from the doors now when I take them off.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey y'all first time posting a question and first-time Jeep owner. There was one blissful 60-degree day last week so obviously, I had to take the doors off but the front passenger side door check got jammed in the door and I haven't managed to get it out yet. I've heard you just need to give it a good tug to get it out but my question is should I just leave it in? Will leaving it jammed in the door mess anything up and if not should I just make all the doors like that so the doors are easier to remove? Thanks!
Jeep Wrangler JL JL Door Check Jammed 1610335930208
Has this concern been resolved, Katelyn47? If not, we suggest visiting the dealer. If you have any questions or need more assistance, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Get on Amazon and do a search for "exhaust spring tool". It's basically a handle with a hook but it's large enough you can get your whole hand on it. They are under $20. It pulled mine out no problem.

Just saw this is old :LOL:

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they had just door checks off the Jeep....already have to deal with the electrical connector

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just leave mine retracted into the door. This is the way they were designed. They are out of the way and reside happily tucked away.

OP
OP

Katelyn47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2020
Has this concern been resolved, Katelyn47? If not, we suggest visiting the dealer. If you have any questions or need more assistance, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Yup I ended up pulling it back out instead of leaving it in the door.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yup I ended up pulling it back out instead of leaving it in the door.
Glad to hear it, Katelyn47 and thanks for following up.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored