Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
The Tazer more than likely can’t disable auto park. It only works on early 2018 models that have not had the cruise control recall performed. I believe the new software updates to the Tazer even removed the function.
It works on mine and I have the recall done. I just get a notification on screen that the vehicle is not in park but it doesn't automatically go into park.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Good point. There is always a reason to take a seatbelt off. I like the idea of the Tazer, but I've had two electrical issues that were fixed under warranty, and I wonder if using the Tazer would void my warranty in any way. All they need is a reason to not honor a warranty.
Never understand why people worry about that. They can't void your warranty for the tazer. First they would have to know it's there and it doesn't leave evidence that could be found. Second, it doesn't change anything on your Jeep that effects anything performance related. I'd also suggest if your dealer is one you would suspect is going to play games. Find a dealer that understands Jeeps and is mod friendly and never go to one that isn't. Last, if you are worried, you can simply unmarry the Tazer from the Jeep and unplug it before going into the dealer and they have no way of knowing it was ever there.Or just unplug it without unmarrying it. It's what I do and it's never been a problem. Now my dealer actually recommends Tazers to their customers after I showed them mine....

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It works on mine and I have the recall done. I just get a notification on screen that the vehicle is not in park but it doesn't automatically go into park.
...that shouldn't happen.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Y’all know you can get the metal piece for the seat belt and just click it in the lock mech. The pack is like 9 bucks and boom no seatbelt no auto park.... or you could go the route for a manual trans. No auto lock on those bad boys :ninja:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Y’all know you can get the metal piece for the seat belt and just click it in the lock mech. The pack is like 9 bucks and boom no seatbelt no auto park.... or you could go the route for a manual trans. No auto lock on those bad boys :ninja:
Plugging in the seatbelt is less expensive that swapping transmissions!
I'll also looking the Tazer thing as well.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I was trying to wind up my winch line under load when I learned of the auto park. I had to use a stick from the passenger side to engage neutral...
Sponsored