AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S Unlimited Granite Gray
Does anyone know if this kit

https://www.amazon.com/Differential...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

AFE Diff breather kit is going to fit on the JL? Apparently the rear diff breather tube is literally just tied to the bottom of the body above the muffler, which really worries me about water crossing of any kind since the front breather tube is fed into the engine bay.

which lead to this thread, as I am trying to extend the rear diff breather tube into the tail light housing.

any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. Cheers
Sponsored

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
I'm not sure about that particular kit but Hauk Offroad sells breathing tube kits for the JL. They include them as an optional purchase with their River Raider snorkel. I imagine they'll sell them individually?

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if this kit

https://www.amazon.com/Differential...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

AFE Diff breather kit is going to fit on the JL? Apparently the rear diff breather tube is literally just tied to the bottom of the body above the muffler, which really worries me about water crossing of any kind since the front breather tube is fed into the engine bay.

which lead to this thread, as I am trying to extend the rear diff breather tube into the tail light housing.

any help or suggestion would be much appreciated. Cheers
I have this kit installed on my JL, it fit perfectly with plenty of extra hose. The push connectors fit the stock hose tightly.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I bought a roll of vacuum hose when I had my JK, extend both breathers up into engine bay. Front is also a tad short in my opinion. Then I still use the factory breather caps on the ends (the rear is made by Gore- as in Gore-tex). I did the JK and now the JL and still have hose left.

FYI, the JK transfer case was vented in the engine bay from the factory. The JL isn’t. It stops about 2” above the Tcase :( Not sure how you’d extend it without dropping it down though, no room to access it.

OP
OP
AeonFrost

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought a roll of vacuum hose when I had my JK, extend both breathers up into engine bay. Front is also a tad short in my opinion. Then I still use the factory breather caps on the ends (the rear is made by Gore- as in Gore-tex). I did the JK and now the JL and still have hose left.

FYI, the JK transfer case was vented in the engine bay from the factory. The JL isn’t. It stops about 2” above the Tcase :( Not sure how you’d extend it without dropping it down though, no room to access it.
oh wow i didn’t even think about that, no access at all? Even if you put the jeep on at a shop?

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Not sure what you mean about at a shop???

I have a 2 post lift and was able to find the vent when the Jeep was on the lift and I was standing under it. Maybe you have go-go-gadget fingers and could extend the breather, but I didn’t see it being possible.

OP
OP
AeonFrost

AeonFrost

First Name
Xylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what you mean about at a shop???

I have a 2 post lift and was able to find the vent when the Jeep was on the lift and I was standing under it. Maybe you have go-go-gadget fingers and could extend the breather, but I didn’t see it being possible.
i meant as in, maybe you can only reach the transfer case vent if you have a 2 post lift, but if you just jack stance it from the ground it maybe hard to reach lying down

ErrolSmith

First Name
Errol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
oh wow i didn’t even think about that, no access at all? Even if you put the jeep on at a shop?
I have just gone through this pain and extended all the breathers.
The TC one really is a hassle, and actually, once I pulled that Gore end cap off, I tested it with some tubing and a glass of water.... No matter how hard I sucked on the tube, water did not go through the Gore filter, but take it out the water and it "breathes" just fine. Very clever tech, and you may decide that that's good enough! I haven't measured the height of that valve, but if it's below the stated fording depth then you'll be covered by warranty if that filter thing ever fails....
Sponsored