First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
Picked up my January (2019) build yesterday and had the same experience, salesman was flabbergasted. How can this STILL be an issue?
Psh...my Rubicon came with a bad transfer case. Dealership had it for 2.5 weeks and didnt think of test driving it at least once before I came in.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I've searched and search - what are the current things to inspect on delivery? Are welds still an issue? I'm planning on checking the fuses because that's an easy one. Also planning on a good test drive at speed for steering, anything else I'm missing?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've searched and search - what are the current things to inspect on delivery? Are welds still an issue? I'm planning on checking the fuses because that's an easy one. Also planning on a good test drive at speed for steering, anything else I'm missing?
Post #292 has a printable checklist. I added things like check fuses, check welds (don't think this is an issue anymore) and other items specific to my build then gave a copy to the sales manager and manager in charge of prep saying I would be checking these so make sure they are done.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Post #292 has a printable checklist. I added things like check fuses, check welds (don't think this is an issue anymore) and other items specific to my build then gave a copy to the sales manager and manager in charge of prep saying I would be checking these so make sure they are done.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Lummy33

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 jeep wrangler jk
My JLUR is nearly a year old and I just noticed the same issue with mine yesterday. It's not terrible but once you see it you cannot unsee it...

I picked up my silver 2019 JLUR last night. A HUGE thank you to the folks that have contributed to the checklist. I found one issue at the dealer, the Mopar all-weather floor mats weren't properly installed, as others have noted, carpet not punched out, etc. I fixed that. Forgot to check the fuses, will do that tonight. The carpet was a little wet around the rear tailgate area but it was raining when I picked it up so could have been from me leaving the tailgate open while I was checking everything out. There wasn't any water in the jack storage area - had that issue on my JK so I'm well aware of that headache.

Something I noticed late last night when I got home - the hood alignment seems off. The passenger side gap between the hood and the grill seems larger than the one on the drivers side. The hood seems aligned properly with the windshield trim. I did some Googling last night for Jeep pictures and it seems the hood fitment is spot on for some, and off a bit for others. There's a ton of threads out there about it, going as far back as TJ/JK models, but didn't see anything about JLs. Anyone find something similar? It's not hugely noticeable like there's a flaw, I think it's more fit and finish than anything. I read a couple posts where the hood can be adjusted and seemed to be a common and quick 10-minute fix at the dealer for most folks.

EDIT: I put a caliper on it to make sure I wasn't crazy. It's a 4mm gap between the grill and the hood on the driver's side, a 9mm gap between the hood and the grill on the passenger side.

2019-03-12 11.28.42.jpg

2019-03-12 11.28.38.jpg

2019-03-12 11.25.56.jpg

2019-03-12 11.23.01.jpg

frizille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2008 Lotus Exige, 1957 Caterham Super Seven
My JLUR is nearly a year old and I just noticed the same issue with mine yesterday. It's not terrible but once you see it you cannot unsee it...
I was at the dealer yesterday getting a wheel well liner replaced (it decided to come off on the expressway and the tire shredded it, no idea why or how it came loose). I looked at the other Rubicons on the lot, about 5 of them, and all had a similar issue. I talked to the body shop manager and he said it was bizarre and never had a complaint about it before. He and I looked at the Rubicons on the lot together and I think he was as surprised as I was that they were all like that. Sahara and Sport version were completely symmetrical. I think it's a "Rubicon thing" due to the hood being different.

My guess is a bad mold / robot / fab facility somewhere because they're all like that.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I was at the dealer yesterday getting a wheel well liner replaced (it decided to come off on the expressway and the tire shredded it, no idea why or how it came loose). I looked at the other Rubicons on the lot, about 5 of them, and all had a similar issue. I talked to the body shop manager and he said it was bizarre and never had a complaint about it before. He and I looked at the Rubicons on the lot together and I think he was as surprised as I was that they were all like that. Sahara and Sport version were completely symmetrical. I think it's a "Rubicon thing" due to the hood being different.

My guess is a bad mold / robot / fab facility somewhere because they're all like that.
Do you have any pictures of what you’re talking about

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Just picked mine up Friday, built 3/31/19. When I got home, I checked my fuses and roughly 70% or more clicked when I pressed on them. So just reminding everyone that the fuses are still not fully seated ;)

Sponsored

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
Hey all, this is rather a delivery extra-checklist item.

I picked up my JLR about a month ago, and going through my little bag of goodies, I noticed what I originally thought were extra velcro straps for my soft top and thought nothing of it. Just left them in there. Today, on further inspection it appears they are in fact elasticated loops with snaps at the end. There are two of them and I have no idea what they are for. They were neatly stowed in the little green bag with the user guide. Any idea what these are for and what they snap on to hold?
IMG_1864.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
The list should be updated: If you have Adaptive Cruise Control (advanced safety group), you should get a plastic shield for the radar for use when you fold the window down.

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Probably mentioned before but be sure to check over your paint for defects or chips. My was delivered with a chip in the freedom panel that was filled by someone before I took delivery. Had to put a bright light on the area in my garage to see that it was touched up. Dealer says they didn't do it and that Jeep probably sent it out that way. Regardless it's getting fixed.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR

I picked up my JLR about a month ago, and going through my little bag of goodies, I noticed what I originally thought were extra velcro straps for my soft top and thought nothing of it. Just left them in there. Today, on further inspection it appears they are in fact elasticated loops with snaps at the end. There are two of them and I have no idea what they are for. They were neatly stowed in the little green bag with the user guide. Any idea what these are for and what they snap on to hold?
IMG_1864.jpeg
No idea, I'll check and see if I have them in my bag. I also have a weird rubber piece that I can't figure out. Its maybe 2 ft by 8 inches, 1/4 inch thick, and has a notch cut out. I'm going by memory, but can take a pic later. I told my dealer minimum prep - all plastic was still in place when I drove home ;)

shadowhunter22

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
@Pink Brit & @cbrenthus, they snap onto the inner rear of the soft top, you can roll up the rear window and these will keep it tucked up nicely.

IMG_1864.jpeg
Sponsored