JL deal good or bad

Scubadiveh20

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi there! I’ve been looking into buying a Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S the past few months.. I got all my financing in order with the credit union. I got an awesome interest rate + loan from them. So I looked a few dealerships today and the best deal I got was:

Jeep Wrangler JL sport S
White
Automatic
4 door
Power windows
Power locks
Tinted windows
Keyless entry
... pretty standard features

Msrp: 37,885
Offer: 35,385

Is this a good deal?? I argued with them forever just to lower it $2,000. They will not budge anymore with the price. Should I accept?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
Hi there! I’ve been looking into buying a Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S the past few months.. I got all my financing in order with the credit union. I got an awesome interest rate + loan from them. So I looked a few dealerships today and the best deal I got was:

Jeep Wrangler JL sport S
White
Automatic
4 door
Power windows
Power locks
Tinted windows
Keyless entry
... pretty standard features

Msrp: 37,885
Offer: 35,385

Is this a good deal?? I argued with them forever just to lower it $2,000. They will not budge anymore with the price. Should I accept?

Thanks!
MSRP for mines was just under 41k and my offer was just under 37k and mine has a hard top, cold weather package, some other stuff and the uconnect 7 inch

OP
OP

Scubadiveh20

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
MSRP for mines was just under 41k and my offer was just under 37k and mine has a hard top, cold weather package, some other stuff and the uconnect 7 inch
I wanted a soft top.. and none of the sports have cold weather packages here. I’m in LA. I feel like I can get a better deal but I went to 6 dealerships today and none of them budged with price at all

Sponsored

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
I wanted a soft top.. and none of the sports have cold weather packages here. I’m in LA. I feel like I can get a better deal but I went to 6 dealerships today and none of them budged with price at all
I'm in North East Ohio and they're selling the same one I have but with a soft top for around 41-42k. Honestly you don't need the cold weather package in la unless you just want the remote start. Maybe check neighboring states prices?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Yes and no Meg.

Let's cover the "no" portion first.

Right now, the marketplace has dealers that will go as low as 5% off of Invoice (also known as FWP or factory wholesale) price, not the higher MSRP, on JLs that people factory "order"--in other words are willing to wait what could be from 1.5 months to 5 months for the factory to build.

In my case I bought (with no financing) in VA at Koons Tyson Chrysler as a NY State resident. My time and inconvenience though to get to the dealer by mass transit and drive home had a price, and that price is different for every individual based upon the cost of their time to lost wages or other opportunities (e.g. vacation time from work.)

Here is a link https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/latest-jl-order-guide-showing-2-0l-engine/ where you can see the Invoice or FWP price.

And as you mention, if financing, the bottom line cost is your deal and your loan terms--in other words what you pay out of pocket. So a great offer from a dealer, coupled with miserable financing you must take from them is no great deal.

======

Here's the "yes" portion. It sounds like the Wrangler you refer to has already been built. If you desire the rig now, more than the money savings--it could be a good deal *for you.*

Factors to consider include what, if any, features you desire that don't come with this configuration, or features you really wouldn't get if you had the choice, that come with this particular rig, and that you must pay for, as werll as your need for this or "a" vehicle in your own personal event horizon and your locale specific notorious need for one's own mode of transportation, as may differ in other cities where owning a vehicle is less necessary.

mysterywrasse

First Name
Christo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I got 13% off. It should be doable, I had them price match Dennis Dillon in Idaho.

What your dealer is offering is not even 7% off MSRP. Really bad in my opinion but perhaps your dealers are just high cost dealerships with big overheads.

Worst thing, you can just go out of state and drive your JL home if the $ delta makes sense for you. Lots of people go to Dennis Dillon to get their Wranglers.

Really? They would not budge with price at all. I mean, at all. I went to 6 dealerships.
Sponsored