Sponsored

JL Dash Removal HOW TO VIDEO

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I have not modified anything. I have had the doors off, top off, windshield down and the noise remains. I recorded video on my phone today as I drove and moved the phone from the windshield to the footwell so I could use the microphone to pinpoint where the problem is. It seems to be right behind the vent.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have not modified anything. I have had the doors off, top off, windshield down and the noise remains. I recorded video on my phone today as I drove and moved the phone from the windshield to the footwell so I could use the microphone to pinpoint where the problem is. It seems to be right behind the vent.
That sucks, but it shouldn’t be too bad to pull apart the top of the dash and pull out the drivers side cluster to gain access.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I have a bug that somehow crawled into my center instrument cluster. It's down at the bottom where the mileage is. I may have been there from the start I just never noticed. I shined a flashlight in there and there appears to be quite a bit of dust too. Obviously not sealed right.

I was thinking of letting it go since it would likely be a PITA for a dealer to replace but this video shows it's not so bad.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a bug that somehow crawled into my center instrument cluster. It's down at the bottom where the mileage is. I may have been there from the start I just never noticed. I shined a flashlight in there and there appears to be quite a bit of dust too. Obviously not sealed right.

I was thinking of letting it go since it would likely be a PITA for a dealer to replace but this video shows it's not so bad.
I would definitely have the dealer address it before it gets worse or you get more stuff in the cluster.

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I would definitely have the dealer address it before it gets worse or you get more stuff in the cluster.
Not covered by jeep warranty. It's not really that big a deal to me but my thought is in the future it's only going to get dustier. The other instrumentation has no dust in it, only the center cluster....dust and a bug. lol

Out of curiosity shine a light into your (anyone or everyone) center cluster and see if you too have dust in there.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not covered by jeep warranty. It's not really that big a deal to me but my thought is in the future it's only going to get dustier. The other instrumentation has no dust in it, only the center cluster....dust and a bug. lol

Out of curiosity shine a light into your (anyone or everyone) center cluster and see if you too have dust in there.
How is having Dust and bugs in your gauge cluster not covered? The cluster should be sealed.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
How is having Dust and bugs in your gauge cluster not covered? The cluster should be sealed.
Yup. I asked them for the reason it's not and they basically said because it's not. I emailed them asking for a tad more precise reason.

If it is not a sealed unit that could be a reason. If it is supposed to be sealed obviously it needs to be covered.

RoJo1816

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara JLU
It’s hard to say because filming makes everything 3 times longer. But I could probably do it in 2-3 hours now. Just get yourself some of the plastic clips ahead of time.
Do you happen to know the part # for the extra clips. Gonna try to tackle the swap to red dash this weekend. Wish me luck

Sponsored

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It’s hard to say because filming makes everything 3 times longer. But I could probably do it in 2-3 hours now. Just get yourself some of the plastic clips ahead of time.

Hi guys, do you happen to have the part number for these clips?

Thanks for the Video!

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Replaced my Rubicon's grey das panel with the MOPAR stitched leather looking ones ...
Grey panels for sale and are in perfect condition.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnai2l.jpg

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Replaced my Rubicon's grey das panel with the MOPAR stitched leather looking ones ...
Grey panels for sale and are in perfect condition.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnai2l.jpg
Looks 1000 times better! Thanks.
Also the links for the clips seem to be broken. Anyone have the correct place for the clips please?
Sponsored