Not open for further replies.

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
Looking good! I like th flap but would buy either way. I also agree that 1941 could be larger and even relocated. Looking forward to seeing final options and availability.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I was able to get a passenger side version done (again with scrap leather) I will need to make a few tweeks on the pattern (nothing noticeable) … all in all they seem to be pretty functional and can also help clean up the cables if you so choose. Take note of where they set as these will not work for everyone depending upon where you have your seat. You kind pretty well judge visually by comparing with shifter location and overall console shape. They also probably will not work for a 2 door .. maybe someone with a 2D can provide some feedback

JL SB DS (3).jpg

JL SB DS.jpg

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I was able to get a passenger side version done (again with scrap leather) I will need to make a few tweeks on the pattern (nothing noticeable) … all in all they seem to be pretty functional and can also help clean up the cables if you so choose. Take note of where they set as these will not work for everyone depending upon where you have your seat. You kind pretty well judge visually by comparing with shifter location and overall console shape. They also probably will not work for a 2 door .. maybe someone with a 2D can provide some feedback

JL SB DS (3).jpg

JL SB DS.jpg
I then I go and post 2 pics of the drivers side .. uhg .. here is the pass side

JL SB PS.jpg

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Based upon the relative location to the shifters, looks like it should work for my 2 door Rubi

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
I want one with out flap so I can just set my phone in it. I don't care about charging it at the same time either. Just want to drop it in and it can sit there. You make nice stuff.

Sponsored

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Bad news for me, looks like they would not work as well with the 2 doors. Like you mentioned the front seat when moved forward to get access to back seat would be a problem. Took a photo showing the position with the seat pulled ahead.

20190125_132143_resized.jpg

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Just my .02, but I would love a simpler version without the flap/lid.

Just a bin that can hold things. Easy access. Sunglasses, phone, wallet etc.
Same here but it appears we got out voted based on the latest version. Oh well.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
First of all … huge Thanks to those that supplied their thoughts and feedback.

One of the things (from a builders standpoint) that I knew I should not have done with the JL FOB Holsters was offering so many options. It resulted in a lot of extra work and costs. I realize there is no such thing as one size fits all and your lucky if one size fits most.

Due to an assumed lower demand on these, the amount of leather needed and the hours that they take to build, the options on these will be limited (that is one reason the flap is removable),Building/offering version with and without flaps or in different shapes and sizes unfortunately is counterproductive. However when I offer them, I will offer a few different leather and thread colors.

With that being said, I am going to prototype a small, open top version that will fit a phone (but not much else). Driver side only. It will be patterned off pretty much the largest phone available with an Otter Box cover, so it will fit pretty much anything out there. But it won't be custom for any one phone … way to many variations out there for that. This may offer a more viable solution to some

I am open to doing custom work for anyone interested.. however, far warning … custom handcrafted items also come at a custom price

Stay tuned … I should be able to post pics of all black with red thread saddle bags as well as at least one version of the phone holsters this weekend
Again .. thank you everyone for you inputs, thoughts and insights … now it is time for a Jack and who knows, maybe I will go cut some leather as well
Have a good weekend everyone

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
These look perfect. A soft place to lean my leg against when cruising on the highway, too. Stoked!

Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Bad news for me, looks like they would not work as well with the 2 doors. Like you mentioned the front seat when moved forward to get access to back seat would be a problem. Took a photo showing the position with the seat pulled ahead.

Good catch, I missed the seat moved forward. Thanks for being more thorough!

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
With that being said, I am going to prototype a small, open top version that will fit a phone (but not much else). Driver side only. It will be patterned off pretty much the largest phone available with an Otter Box cover, so it will fit pretty much anything out there. But it won't be custom for any one phone … way to many variations out there for that. This may offer a more viable solution to some

I am open to doing custom work for anyone interested.. however, far warning … custom handcrafted items also come at a custom price
This is exactly what I’m looking for with one caveat. I need symmetry so I’d want a matching one on each side.

Take my money :)

dblack222

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Interested in the black/red as well as just phone holder.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
First of all … huge Thanks to those that supplied their thoughts and feedback.

One of the things (from a builders standpoint) that I knew I should not have done with the JL FOB Holsters was offering so many options. It resulted in a lot of extra work and costs. I realize there is no such thing as one size fits all and your lucky if one size fits most.

Due to an assumed lower demand on these, the amount of leather needed and the hours that they take to build, the options on these will be limited (that is one reason the flap is removable),Building/offering version with and without flaps or in different shapes and sizes unfortunately is counterproductive. However when I offer them, I will offer a few different leather and thread colors.

Stay tuned … I should be able to post pics of all black with red thread saddle bags as well as at least one version of the phone holsters this weekend
Again .. thank you everyone for you inputs, thoughts and insights … now it is time for a Jack and who knows, maybe I will go cut some leather as well
Have a good weekend everyone
Understood. I still think a poll would have been good. Seems like the love for the first model was large and then the flap version came along. Your business, your decision.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation

Thanks for taking the time to check. I was afraid that they wouldn't
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.