Not open for further replies.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
These are really cool. Unlike the others here, I like the extra space for the tin on the passenger side. Did you try sitting in the Jeep with it installed to see how it interferes with leg space?
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I really like it. can my Glock fit it in there ? if so how much for 2 of them and a few questions. price for 2 and how do they stay in place on both sides ? and canvas would be better but if not i ll take 2 of those but how much ? please let me know vert interested ?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
These are really cool. Unlike the others here, I like the extra space for the tin on the passenger side. Did you try sitting in the Jeep with it installed to see how it interferes with leg space?
Thank you, I currently have the prototype versions installed in my JLUR. I have tried several seat positions to see if there would be any potential interference and so far I have not found any. I may not be the best example since I am 6'4", but the better half will be driving it this weekend to see if she determines any. I don't think that just sitting in it will give a good indication of potential interference as you probably really need to drive it to find out. But so far, no indications of any interference

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I really like it. can my Glock fit it in there ? if so how much for 2 of them and a few questions. price for 2 and how do they stay in place on both sides ? and canvas would be better but if not i ll take 2 of those but how much ? please let me know vert interested ?
Thank you Jeff. Right now these are prototypes. I have some materials ordered to make up other versions based upon input from the group. I cannot say for sure if and how much until I have a final version and know material costs and build time.
On the sides of the center console towards the front is a round cover, behind that cover is a bolt that mounts the front of the center console to the body. The bags utilize this mount, so there are no vehicle modification.
Currently a small frame gun will fit. So a G26 for example will but not a G20. However, these are not built for firearms as there is no retention for the gun. I do offer model specific custom built JL gun holsters that mount to the center console for firearms that provide the retention needed and I have received very positive feedback on them

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Guys, the prototyping continues.
Here is what we are up to. I have tried various designs and materials (waxed canvas, buffalo, canvas gussets etc.) and each has let me to up to this. This version is hard molded, but it is a pancake mold and fits the space better. It is a little larger as well. I have some pretty good size hands and can easily reach anything inside.
I put the flap on to help keep items out of site (especially if top/doors are off. I did not want a buckle (because they are a pain) so, there is a leather clasp. which is easy to open/close. The flap is removable (held on by 3 Chicago screws) if someone did not wand the flap on.
Note: this was made with scrap leather hence the pretty cool scar on the flap.... I am probably the only one that likes scarred up leather .. I think it adds character.
Take note of where the bag is by the pics and your seat position; as this may not work for those with the seats pretty far forward. Also, I am not sure about 2 doors with folding the front seat up either
The boss lady is going to try it out this week and she is pretty critical, so we will see what her experience is
Please let me know your thoughts, critique

20190121_101852.jpg

20190121_101908.jpg

Sponsored

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Not to speak for others, but it seems like a lot of the interest is for a phone, which can be connected to uconnect via usb. Can you provide a picture of this type of setup. Thanks.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I like it. When will they be available? I’m ready to purchase.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@gibson I personally do not like the flap. I liked your first driver side version minus the metal plaque. I would use mine for phone and/or sunglasses. I want to get to them quick. Flap is annoying.

Just my $.02

KTLucy

First Name
Kimberley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2door Ocean Blue Rubicon & 2014 Mini Cooper Roadster S
Here is what we are up to. I have tried various designs and materials (waxed canvas, buffalo, canvas gussets etc.) and each has let me to up to this. This version is hard molded, but it is a pancake mold and fits the space better. It is a little larger as well. I have some pretty good size hands and can easily reach anything inside.
I put the flap on to help keep items out of site (especially if top/doors are off. I did not want a buckle (because they are a pain) so, there is a leather clasp. which is easy to open/close. The flap is removable (held on by 3 Chicago screws) if someone did not wand the flap on.
Note: this was made with scrap leather hence the pretty cool scar on the flap.... I am probably the only one that likes scarred up leather .. I think it adds character.
Take note of where the bag is by the pics and your seat position; as this may not work for those with the seats pretty far forward. Also, I am not sure about 2 doors with folding the front seat up either
The boss lady is going to try it out this week and she is pretty critical, so we will see what her experience is

20190121_101852.jpg

20190121_101908.jpg
I love the flap and think it adds to it! I can picture it with red leather and red stitching I would love if the 1941 was larger like the length of it above the leather flap.
But I like things bold and others like it plain and simple. Another like here for the scared up leather
I’m using the 1941 theme in my Jeep...

Last edited:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care for the flap... I understand it's removable, but it can give the impression that there's something inside. I'm not a fan of new-shiny-looking leather. Give me that used & worn appearance any day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Not to speak for others, but it seems like a lot of the interest is for a phone, which can be connected to uconnect via usb. Can you provide a picture of this type of setup. Thanks.
Hey Terry, here are some pics with a Galaxy Note 8 (large phone). There is amble room even with 2 phones and a small flashlight in the bottom. I put a small opening in the back side and ran my cable thru it. I also ran my cable under the front half of the center console, you can snake it thru without removing the console. I like a little cleaner look without cables running all over and the phone cable tucks inside when not in use … sorry about the crappy pictures. I am one of those that has to carry 2 phones most of the time (1 work and 1 personal), when I get a chance to make a passenger side version, I will likely have a phone in each of them

JL SB 1.jpg

JL SB2.jpg

JL SB3.jpg

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I like it. When will they be available? I’m ready to purchase.
Thank you TJ. Hopefully these will be available within a couple of weeks. Once the boss lady and I have had a few days to experiment with them and there are a few things on the pattern I want to clean up a little, I also need to make up a couple of sets to get a pretty good idea of how much time they will take to make so that I can price them accordingly

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
I don't care for the flap... I understand it's removable, but it can give the impression that there's something inside. I'm not a fan of new-shiny-looking leather. Give me that used & worn appearance any day.
Unlike me, leather just gets better looking with age. :)
Here is SoCal, if something is visible .. someone's going to take it (and sometimes when it is not)…it is discouraging how people have so little respect for other peoples property

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Perfect. Ready to buy one. I agree on the cables.

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

20190121_101852.jpg

20190121_101908.jpg
Looks great!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.