JL Center Console Saddle Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The JL/JT center console mount bags will be going up on my website later this week. Still working out pricing and will need to build a page for them on my site. They will be offered in 2 sizes. Large is approx. 9" wide, 5.5" tall and 3" opening at the top. The slim version is approx. 8.5" wide, 5" tall and a 2" opening at the top. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but you can basically put a slim version inside the large version. Either bag will mount on either the driver or passenger side. However, I strongly recommend using a slim version on the drivers side. In the picture, the slim version has 2 little holes to make the mounting easier. These are not required and customer builds will not have the holes. Each version is built with over 2 feet of leather. The front panel will wrap over the top, making a comfortable place to rest you knee depending upon your seat position. Seat position will need to be approx. half way to all the way back on the tracks. The front panels will be customizable with exotic overlay and inlay options. Overlay options will include elephant, shark, cape buffalo. Inlay options will include rattlesnake, python, ostrich leg. The cool thing about ostrich leg is that these are available in a variety of colors; blue, red, grey, green, orange etc. The one pictured on brown/tan version is actually a dark blue. You can also opt for just leather panels which also allows for some customization such as having a black leather body with tan panels etc. Bags will be offered individually so you can opt for a large on the passenger side, slim on drivers, 2 slims or just one or the other. These will be custom built per order, so there will be some lead time on the orders. Sorry for the delay in making these available, but I think that you will be impressed with the quality and strength of these.

JL SB collage.jpg
These are really nice ; if they had a Belt loop, I could use as a Belt pouch, double duty...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
First full set with grey safari elephant overlay. One large and one slim. These will be going in my String Gray later today and I will document the mounting instructions then. Elephant is a very expensive and unique hide. Especially since the hides I get are not hunted or poached but from a preserve that utilize the hides from those that have deceased for funding to maintain the preserve. I like to think that this guy went out from a heart attack after the mutual exchange of carnal knowledge with a much younger and vivacious elephant

JL SB Lrg and Slim Elephant Overlay.jpg

Punisher308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler rubicon JL
These look great! Any chance of getting a couple of these with the overlay using stringray? Didn't see it listed as an option.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
These look great! Any chance of getting a couple of these with the overlay using stringray? Didn't see it listed as an option.
Thank you. I will be able to offer a sting ray inlay. Couple of issues with a sting ray overlay. First is size, I will need to look but for the large bags it may be tough as most sting ray skins at not very wide due to the everyone only wanting the diamond mark or center line streak. Also due to the calcium bumps on the skin, these have to be sanded down on the edges or they bend needles and cause stitches to jump.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Guys, I promised you a couple of other proto builds earlier (shark overlay and rattlesnake inlay) These came out pretty well. At least I think so, but I may be a little bias.

JL CC Bag Shark and Rattle (2).jpg
Love the rattlesnake! How soon until they are up for sale?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Love the rattlesnake! How soon until they are up for sale?
They will be up on the my website later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I want to get some installation pictures done to post with them .. and it is just too hot to do it right now.

Intro price on the slim versions (work on either driver or passenger sides) in black, tan or med. brown with solid leather overlay will be $130 with free shipping. For the large version (only recommended for pass side) will be $145 with free shipping.
Exotic inlays or overlays will be additional depending upon which exotic. For example rattlesnake or ostrich leg inlays will run $20-$25 extra, Shark or Cape Buffalo overlays will run approx. $40 extra. Elephant will run about $70 extra. Other exotics will be available and priced upon request.

The black versions will not be dyed. These will be done with a process called vinegaroon. Vinegaroon is a centuries old process to turn veg tanned leather black. It basically turns the tannins in the leather black via a chemical reaction of a soup that you make up by dissolving ferrous metals in a vinegar solution for a couple of weeks . It is a little more time consumer and a few extra process steps but offers the advantages that it will not bleed and it is black all the way thru. Down side is that it is not quite as deep of a black as dyeing, but I can get it pretty close. Lighter thread options may be available on these as well.

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
That is a good thought Terry
Absolutely loving your phone holster. Great to climb in, stick the phone in it's place and plug in the short usb cable. One thing I found was that I couldn't get the philips screw tight enough to keep the holster from rotating slightly. I figured the issue was having two smooth surfaces against each other, so I added two star washers, one on each side of the plastic spacer, and it stays in position now.
Terry, I am taking you up on your suggestion and revised the mounting hardware a little (both for the phone holster and the center console bags. They will now come with an 2 external M6 star washers, a black fender washer and a little shorter nylon spacer. Your feedback and suggestion is much appreciated.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Some may like this one. Front reinforcement panel has a gray Cape Buffalo overlay. The panel and overlay also wrap around the top. I did this for 2 reasons .. I think it looks better and if you knee or leg contact it, you not on a leather edge. Still prototyping and I have an all black with black shark over and a brown with rattle snake inlay in the works .. if they come out right I will post them in a couple of day. I also modified the mold a little so the it does not flare out as much on the sides …. BTW, I have a Stinggray JL and I keeping this one … :)

JL SB with gre cape buffalo.jpg
Just received my console saddle bag (black with red thread) and couldn't be happier! The incredible quality with Gibson Leather is unmatched. I've received several items including two different types of key fobs and admire the lifetime quality built in. The saddle bag comes with custom hardware (with red anodized ferrel that matches my Rubicon dash) and is very easy to install. You might not want to do it in the direct sun at 101 degrees like I did though! lol. Mark, thanks so much for your high quality products and great service! Charlie

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Just received my console saddle bag (black with red thread) and couldn't be happier! The incredible quality with Gibson Leather is unmatched. I've received several items including two different types of key fobs and admire the lifetime quality built in. The saddle bag comes with custom hardware (with red anodized ferrel that matches my Rubicon dash) and is very easy to install. You might not want to do it in the direct sun at 101 degrees like I did though! lol. Mark, thanks so much for your high quality products and great service! Charlie
Thank you Charlie, appreciate the kind words and your business. I feel your pain Allen head bolts can be a tedious, hopefully you will never want to take them off.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Just received the same and it looks great. I’ll install in a day or two. I have a Fob, phone holster and this saddle bag. all black with red thread.

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Thank you Charlie, appreciate the kind words and your business. I feel your pain Allen head bolts can be a tedious, hopefully you will never want to take them off.
LOVE mine - lovely work as always. I'm always gunshy to crank down too hard on hardware, but mine both spin some. Can I really tighten down that allen bolt or is the insert in the center console plastic that might break or strip?

OP
OP
Blkjak

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
LOVE mine - lovely work as always. I'm always gunshy to crank down too hard on hardware, but mine both spin some. Can I really tighten down that allen bolt or is the insert in the center console plastic that might break or strip?
Insert in the center console is a captured metal nut. I cranked down pretty hard on mine several times without any issues.

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Insert in the center console is a captured metal nut. I cranked down pretty hard on mine several times without any issues.
Perfect, thank you. I had a random idea - you should start a thread, "what do you keep in your Gibson Leatherworks saddlebags?" It would be great advertising for an amazing product, and also might share some good ideas of things to keep handy. Cheers!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.