JL CE Light

mattyg

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sports S 2.0 engine
I am hoping someone on this thread can help me out before I end up spending an arm and leg at a mechanic. I recently purchased a 2018 JL 2dr with the 2.0 turbo. It has tons of aftermarket accessories and I'm pretty happy with it. However, when I'm driving if I punch it and get the RPMs around 5000 my CE light comes on. It doesn't stay on, just blinks and goes away once the RPMs go down. Took it to AutoZone and ran a test, came back as a random cylinder misfire and also cylinder 4 was misfiring. Whoever previously owned deleted the muffler and the catalytic converter so it has a straight pipe. It also has a S&B cold air intake installed. It doesn't ride rough or idle rough. When I do gun it and get the rpms super high i don't loose and power. Anyone know what could be the issue? or some cheap fixes I can do to potentially solve the issue? I'm not super mechanically inclined. I can definitely figure out some basics though. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Likely misfire causes are plugs and coils.

Swap the #4 coil with another and run it, if the code moves the coil is bad, and you can just replace the coil.

If the code doesn't move, pull the spark plug, if it doesn't have oil or gas on it, may be good with just replacing plugs.

bless0

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Is it the S&B with the older or newer tube. The older tube does not have the small hose which i circled..The older tube gives a CE fault P1CEA i believe

Jeep Wrangler JL JL CE Light 1634756286050

OP
OP

mattyg

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s the newer one with the tubes. I’ll try switching coils and give an update

Sponsored

OP
OP

mattyg

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up changing out both myself. Issues fixed. Thanks guys.
Sponsored