Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Let's be honest... the factory LED dome light does not provide adequate illumination for the rear cargo area. This makes it difficult to see at night when accessing cargo. Well, there is now a creative solution to add bright LED light to the rear hatch area using an existing power source. Introducing the JL Cargo Light module from Oracle Lighting!

Simply replace the factory wiper motor cover with the new cover using the included parts and plug the adapter into your rear accessory socket.
5858-023_A_400x400.jpg

The lights can easily be turned on and off with the flush switches located on the panel. The white LED Cargo light function provides ample illumination and the added feature of the emergency flasher makes any road-side issue safer with additional amber flashing lights.
5858-023_D_400x400.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, @ORACLElights ... I like this thing. Nice & brighty-bright and fantastic, and it lights up the night at the rear. I have concerns about the adhesive holding up in hot weather, but double-sided tape can be used as a replacement if ever necessary. The installation couldn't be any easier.

The only thing I don't care for is the plug. It protrudes a good 2", and I'd be concerned that any weighty cargo in the rear could bang into it and possibly break or damage the plug. I'd have preferred this be either shorter or have a 90-degree angle. I found an angled adapter that I'm gonna test out. Stay tuned.

Being that the 12v socket in the rear is "always on," I'd like to keep the light plugged in, but I wouldn't if I had anything in the cargo area. When I hit the beach or the mountains, the cargo area is full and I couldn't keep it plugged in...it would be in the way. Nevertheless, I really like the light.

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

Oracle_006.jpg

Oracle_007.jpg

Oracle_009.jpg

Oracle_008.jpg

Last edited:

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
An adapter works great since it's a little shorter and there's less strain on the wire. You can turn it any direction, but I keep it facing the rear to keep it out of harm's way and there's no interference with the tailgate. Sure, items in the cargo area can still bump up against it, but I'd rather risk damaging an $8 adapter than the plug.

There are a bunch to choose from, but I went with this guy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028JPECA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

upload_2019-12-29_5-55-42.png

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
An adapter works great since it's a little shorter and there's less strain on the wire. You can turn it any direction, but I keep it facing the rear to keep it out of harm's way and there's no interference with the tailgate. Sure, items in the cargo area can still bump up against it, but I'd rather risk damaging an $8 adapter than the plug.

There are a bunch to choose from, but I went with this guy.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028JPECA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

upload_2019-12-29_5-55-42.png
Have you considered splicing into the wires behind the plug?

Sponsored

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the Brawlee install thread. It's not all that hard of an install, all you need to do is tap the wires.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tailgate-brawlee-led-light.12969/
+ @Toycrusher

That was the thread where I learned of the Brawlee flickering, which was a bit of a concern. Snipping the wire is surely gonna void the warranty. It's still a good idea, and at some point I may give it a try. I have a few rocker switches I haven't used from cubes. Thank you for the suggestions & advice, gents.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
+ @Toycrusher

That was the thread where I learned of the Brawlee flickering, which was a bit of a concern. Snipping the wire is surely gonna void the warranty. It's still a good idea, and at some point I may give it a try. I have a few rocker switches I haven't used from cubes. Thank you for the suggestions & advice, gents.
Just an FYI I hate the type of tap that comes with the Brawlee and most people use. I use Posi-taps very little damage to the wire casing and can be removed.

https://smile.amazon.com/Lockitt-PO...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

MikeinDelaware

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Turbo
Build Thread
Link
Just installed mine today.
I'm such a mess.
Never been much of a DIY person, this is the most involved I've been on modding a vehicle.
Not afraid to poke fun of myself, i was outside and took off the wiper cover, then attempted to install the oracle part.
Got one screw to bite, but for the life of me could not get the other screw to bite. I was outside for like 45 mins, just about ready to give up, THEN i noticed the longer screws in the little baggy, dammit, definitely a "you big dummy" moment.

One question, is it ok to keep this plugged in all the time, any concern with a battery drain?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine today.
I'm such a mess.
Never been much of a DIY person, this is the most involved I've been on modding a vehicle.
Not afraid to poke fun of myself, i was outside and took off the wiper cover, then attempted to install the oracle part.
Got one screw to bite, but for the life of me could not get the other screw to bite. I was outside for like 45 mins, just about ready to give up, THEN i noticed the longer screws in the little baggy, dammit, definitely a "you big dummy" moment.

One question, is it ok to keep this plugged in all the time, any concern with a battery drain?
If it's plugged in long enough, you might get some battery drain (considering you don't use a battery tender).
Sponsored

Last edited: