Sponsored

JL Bikini Tops?

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Nice find!

I just ordered one, even though I have a 2-door. May have to modify it, but they want $169.99 for the 2-dr version. The pictures on Rampages website shows the 2-dr for both. I sure hope their quality is better than their web design and marketing...
Wonder why the 2-dr is over $100 more than the 4-dr?????
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Fellow 2 door owner here, yea you need a secret decoder ring to use the bestop catalog. I gave up.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Since there are no photos of the 2dr version... Does the duster go behind the rear seats, or is it another one where the assumption is that people who own a 2dr never use the back seat?
It will occupy the area of the rear seat, not just behind the rear seat.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
SpiderWebShade JL4D

Whew...just finished installing the SpiderWebShade JL4D (JL 4Door) on my Rubicon. Let me say right up front...You do NOT have to remove the wipers and fold the windshield down. You also do not have to remove the hard top. Otherwise this is a two person install. You will need to remove the Freedom Panels though.

To start off with, the instructions say you have to remove the wipers so you can lay down the windshield. If you have not removed your wipers before, let me tell you they are impossible to remove without a some type of tool. Once you get them off, they will come off the next time much easier. But the first time they are impossible. You have to remove them to lay down the windshield according to the installation notes.

I determined I could fold the wipers forward off the glass. Then remove the 4 bolts and fold the windshield just far enough forward to get the front screen clips under the the top front frame. Again, you do NOT have to remove the wipers or fold the windshield all the way down.

Next you are supposed to remove the hard top. Since I was working alone, I simply removed all the bolts and held up the front of the top to get the screen top under the hard top. After getting all the retainers installed and the shade attached properly you can bolt everything back down and re-install the Freedom Tops.

I'll get pics of my install when I can. But below is the stock photo on essentially the same vehicle, a white Rubicon Unlimited. All in all I'm pretty happy with the end result. We'll be taking the top off Friday and heading to coast for the day on the beach. Looking forward to having shade this time.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Bikini Tops? 1593557274175

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
SpiderWebShade JL4D

Whew...just finished installing the SpiderWebShade JL4D (JL 4Door) on my Rubicon. Let me say right up front...You do NOT have to remove the wipers and fold the windshield down. You also do not have to remove the hard top. Otherwise this is a two person install. You will need to remove the Freedom Panels though.

To start off with, the instructions say you have to remove the wipers so you can lay down the windshield. If you have not removed your wipers before, let me tell you they are impossible to remove without a some type of tool. Once you get them off, they will come off the next time much easier. But the first time they are impossible. You have to remove them to lay down the windshield according to the installation notes.

I determined I could fold the wipers forward off the glass. Then remove the 4 bolts and fold the windshield just far enough forward to get the front screen clips under the the top front frame. Again, you do NOT have to remove the wipers or fold the windshield all the way down.

Next you are supposed to remove the hard top. Since I was working alone, I simply removed all the bolts and held up the front of the top to get the screen top under the hard top. After getting all the retainers installed and the shade attached properly you can bolt everything back down and re-install the Freedom Tops.

I'll get pics of my install when I can. But below is the stock photo on essentially the same vehicle, a white Rubicon Unlimited. All in all I'm pretty happy with the end result. We'll be taking the top off Friday and heading to coast for the day on the beach. Looking forward to having shade this time.

Jeep Wrangler JL JL Bikini Tops? 1593557274175
It's summer time, if you have you're still using your hard top, you're doing it wrong!!!

Sponsored

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
It's summer time, if you have you're still using your hard top, you're doing it wrong!!!
Yeah...yeah...well, when you sell the house and buy a downtown condo and only have 2 assigned parking spots now taking the top off becomes a little more challenging...

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I just ordered the cable style bikini top version..I'll let everyone know what I think. I really wanted a bikini that used the door surrounds like my buddy's JK so hopefully this thing will be solid.